TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #1
concision

TiVo Roamio unable to buffer/record one specific channel

I bought a Roamio a week or two ago to replace a Premier box. I have Comcast cable in the Seattle area.

In my Roamio, I'm unable to record or buffer at all on channel 113 (my local FOX affiliate). If I watch it for several minutes (the picture comes in just fine!) I still cannot press the instant replay button (I get the TiVo Boing sound). If I pause it for a few minutes and press play, it instantly catches me back up to live. The green bar does not fill up.

If I attempt to record on this channel, watching while recording causes it to display a black screen with something along the lines of "Recording program, press Play in a few seconds to begin."

The cable card signal and snr on this channel are fine (at least as good as others). I've tried rebooting, redoing guided setup, putting all tuners on this channel, putting only one tuner on this channel. Nothing seems to have any effect at all.

I called TiVo, they said they'd never seen this problem before, had me walk through my cable card diagnostic menus, couldn't find a problem, and then told me to get a new cable card. Comcast doesn't want to give me a new cable card (at least without wasting my time by sending out a technician), and tells me it's my Tivo boxes fault.

Should I call TiVo and insist on a replacement? Something's clearly wrong here.
concision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #2
uw69

Being discussed in this thread

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=508353

Short answer, many people have the same problem here in the Seattle area and Tivo is working to fix it.
1 Roamio plus 470 hours
3 TiVo Mini's
uw69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #3
Balzer

The OP stated the Tivo rep said they have never seen the issue before. It's funny and sad at the same time, since we know they are aware of the problem, and actively working to determine the cause by actually sending engineers to people's homes to get info.

But yet, either the frontline reps aren't told of major known issues, or are told not to acknowledge them.

Or maybe some reps don't read their internal emails. Working in a call center, I do know that happens...

Roamio/Stream (Sep '13 - Present)
Premiere "B" (July '12 - Oct '13)
Premiere "A" (August '11 - Present)
TiVo HD (July '07 - July '12)
TiVo S1 (August '01 - July '07)
Balzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
concision

Quote:
Originally Posted by uw69 View Post
Being discussed in this thread

*snip*

Short answer, many people have the same problem here in the Seattle area and Tivo is working to fix it.
Ah this is kind of great news! Does this imply that it's not a device issue, and should be fixed automagically at some point in the future?

Quote:
But yet, either the frontline reps aren't told of major known issues, or are told not to acknowledge them.
I did call on the weekend, so it's possible they have different, possibly part-time reps for those days. That's the story I'll tell myself, at any rate.
concision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
uw69

Not sure if it's a hardware or software issue. Data was collected by a Tivo tech at a Tivo owners house in Samamish (I think) last Friday, so we are all waiting to hear from TiVoMargret what they have found and what the fix might be.
1 Roamio plus 470 hours
3 TiVo Mini's
uw69 is online now   Reply With Quote