TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #151
DarkMatter1968

Clearly Jesse is to blame for the 2nd half of the season, he had ample opportunity to leave Dodge, it started with one bad decision to throw the money out the window, and then to think he could beat Heisenberg with Hank's help. Yo Bitch..you pay'in the price now!
Old 09-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #152
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
I don't remember Walt consenting to this...

I don't think he would have. He wanted Jesse dead.
He consented to them interrogating Jessie before eliminating him - because it made sense to find out what he told the DEA.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #153
JohnB1000

Quote:
I don't remember Walt consenting to this...

I don't think he would have. He wanted Jesse dead.
You mean consenting to the cooking or keeping him alive ? Here he is consenting to the keeping alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...VfUvONc#t=1023
Old 09-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #154
JohnB1000

and here's Jesse cooking last week so this week cannot have been the first time Jack agreed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...VfUvONc#t=1824
Old 09-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #155
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
He consented to them interrogating Jessie before eliminating him - because it made sense to find out what he told the DEA.
I thought that was Uncle Jack, not Walt.

I honestly don't remember this conversation happening in front of Walt...
Old 09-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #156
JohnB1000

Check the link
Old 09-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #157
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
I thought that was Uncle Jack, not Walt.

I honestly don't remember this conversation happening in front of Walt...
Todd was talking to his uncle about it - then his uncle turned to Walt and asked if that was OK....Walt nodded.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #158
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMatter1968 View Post
The viewers know that..but how will Heisenburg find out. I don't think there is going to be alot of conversation when the big gun comes out.
Correct. I suppose they will have Walt deal with her but I just think there are too many other juicy stories to wrap up in not a lot of time.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #159
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
I like that they directly addressed this too. Jack was no longer interested in cooking meth. "We hit the lottery."
Yeah, but that doesn't mean they have a choice in the matter. The Europeans aren't going to be happy about the Blue disappearing, and they have resources (that's where the $80+ million came from). If they decided to just stop, there might be bad repercussions.

We know it's not going there because of timing, however.
kaszeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #160
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
Check the link
All we know that Jack knows (based on what we saw in the episode) is that Jessie is being held for questioning.

It's not until last night's episode that Todd pleads with Jack to keep Jessie alive for cooking.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #161
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Loved the callback to the first time we met Lydia. She was meeting Mike at a restaurant and wanted to sit at a different table and talk back-to-back (as she did with Todd here). Mike was annoyed with her for being all movie-dramatic about it and forced her to sit at the same table with him.

As far as the Todd/Jesse conversation, Todd just convinced uncle Jack to let Jesse live long enough to tell them the location of any incriminating evidence (and tell them what he told Hank). The first time we saw that Todd also wanted Jesse to teach him how to cook was the "let's cook" scene. We can only assume Todd convinced Jack at some point along the way (either before or after that scene, it doesn't matter).

For sure, uncle Jack thinks he has enough money and did not want to sell meth anymore. Todd convinced him that it doesn't matter how much money you have, you always want more.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #162
3D

Walt will find out Jesse is alive and use the Ricin on Brock to punish him. Can't break much badder than that.
3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #163
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:
Do you think we'll see Badger and Pete again ?
Hope not. No time with one episode left to waste it on these 2
Old 09-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #164
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
I really hope they don't waste time with Lydia in the finale. Walt has no reason to go after her.
I see him having possibly two reasons:

1. She threatened Skyler and Holly via Todd. If he finds out about that, Lydia is toast.

2. Perhaps.... Does Walt know *how* Hank found out? He was leaving the game, somewhat successfully, and three things pulled him back: Lydia showing up demanding his return (and, when he told her to pound sand, Jack tried to also use this as leverage), and Hank figuring it out. He may be blaming Lydia for things blowing up as well.
kaszeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #165
JohnB1000

Quote:
All we know that Jack knows (based on what we saw in the episode) is that Jessie is being held for questioning.

It's not until last night's episode that Todd pleads with Jack to keep Jessie alive for cooking.
Jeez that's a stretch. You really think Todd took hours to cook a batch of meth with Jesse and Jack didn't know
Old 09-23-2013, 12:18 PM   #166
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Jeez that's a stretch. You really think Todd took hours to cook a batch of meth with Jesse and Jack didn't know
If he wanted to take credit for the increase in purity, which we saw him do last night, yes. I don't think it's a stretch at all. I think you just don't like being wrong.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #167
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
No - Todd had the conversation with his uncle about Jessie cooking in last night's episode...when his uncle wanted to go pop Jessie for spilling about killing that kid.

In the desert last week, Todd spoke with his uncle about interrogating Jessie, Jack Bauer style, to find out what the DEA might know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
I don't think it happened that way. WW would have never agreed to letting the AB and Jesse start cooking his blue meth again. Todd just said they wanted to get information out of Jesse first, then kill him, and then back at the compound Todd talked about getting Jesse to cook. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen within the earshot of WW. But now that the blue meth is back on the streets, WW can conclude that Jesse is not dead and cooking for the AB.
Quote:
That's not how I remember it at all, nor Getreal.
Nope ... you and I were wrong, MonsterJoe & Hank are correct. I just rewatched the scene from "Ozymandias". I confused the two scenes (in the desert and at the AB camp). I was expecting Uncle Jack to punish Todd for killing a kid, but Todd talked him into keeping Jesse for the cook at that point.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by getreal : 09-23-2013 at 12:38 PM.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #168
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D View Post
Walt will find out Jesse is alive and use the Ricin on Brock to punish him. Can't break much badder than that.
As bad as Heisenberg is, he's not into killing innocent kids as punishment. Even for Jesse.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #169
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahtrim View Post
You mean Andrea?
He did tell them all that he tried to save Hank but nobody was listening.
The guy playing Todd was also great in Friday Night Lights.
FYP. I watched several episodes of FNL season 3 Saturday and Sunday and then watched Breaking Bad after wards. Kinda sureal to see Jesse Plemons' two characters (Todd and Landry) the same day!

Quote:
Also, no way Badger is getting any other roles than a stoner/druggie with that distinctive voice.
He's an NCIS Probationary Agent in several episodes of NCIS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #170
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanmc View Post
Just because he "makes people disappear" doesn't mean he's also a murderer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorrim View Post
Although you have to admit, doing both would definitely increase his profit margin per customer.
I think the vacuum cleaner repair guy has a code of ethics. He'll do what he's paid to do and keep the clients safe, but if Walt did die alone he probably would take the barrel.

$10,000 an hour is not bad pay anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blackhole1979_ff_188x141_081520071152.jpg (34.4 KB, 289 views)
File Type: gif 5920.gif (54.8 KB, 288 views)
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #171
jr461

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaszeta View Post
I see him having possibly two reasons:

1. She threatened Skyler and Holly via Todd. If he finds out about that, Lydia is toast.

2. Perhaps.... Does Walt know *how* Hank found out? He was leaving the game, somewhat successfully, and three things pulled him back: Lydia showing up demanding his return (and, when he told her to pound sand, Jack tried to also use this as leverage), and Hank figuring it out. He may be blaming Lydia for things blowing up as well.
I'd add to this that he heard on the Charlie Rose interview in the bar in NH that the meth was also circulating in Europe. Walt knows that Lydia is the conduit for getting his stuff there. He knows that Jessie can make "his" blue meth, therefore Jessie, the aryans and Lydia are all still involved, and all making money based on what he started but with no credit to him. Almost a parallel to Grey Matter (making oodles of money on something he started but getting no credit).

One question - how is Walt growing hair while on chemotherapy?
Old 09-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #172
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Are they gonna find Hank and Gomie? I think their only hope is Walter giving out the coordinates. Would he do that? He seems very distraught over the death of Hank. But I don't think he is too distraught over the plight of Jesse. Don't really see him coming back to save him or even look for him. But if he happens to encounter him? I dunno what's gonna happen. I HOPE Jesse pops a cap in Walter's ass.

jsmeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #173
JohnB1000

I don't understand why Walt did not tell them where Hank is unless he doesn't really know or doesn't realize they don't know.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #174
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
I have a feeling whatever happens, it's gonna be a blood bath...
Just so long as the Nazi guys die in a hail of bullets, Sam Peckinpah style. There's no way they can still be walking after next week's finale. I don't know why those guys are still there any way. They just hit the lottery and they're still living the same way and in the same place as before? That's dumb. At least get some Nazi-ettes.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #175
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Spoilerizing this since it may have been in a preview.
It was shown at the beginning of the season but I don't remember noticing then, maybe they changed things.

Spoiler:
Noticed something when they showed us the machine gun in the trunk again.
All the boxes of ammo are tracer rounds.
Tracer rounds tend to set things like dry wood and meth labs on fire.

I'm expecting a huge fireball in the finale, maybe even flaming money flying everywhere.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #176
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Just so long as the Nazi guys die in a hail of bullets, Sam Peckinpah style. There's no way they can still be walking after next week's finale. I don't know why those guys are still there any way. They just hit the lottery and they're still living the same way and in the same place as before? That's dumb. At least get some Nazi-ettes.
They are criminals who were in jail. They have all this money but it has not been laundered. They can't go around paying $5 million in cash for a mansion.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #177
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
I don't understand why Walt did not tell them where Hank is unless he doesn't really know or doesn't realize they don't know.
At what point? When he phoned in to the DEA? That would have been a good time. I can't really figure out what he INTENDED to do there. Wait for the cops? Or did he always plan to run after the call?

jsmeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:47 PM   #178
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
... uncle Jack thinks he has enough money and did not want to sell meth anymore. Todd convinced him that it doesn't matter how much money you have, you always want more.
Todd is in the empire business!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr461 View Post
... One question - how is Walt growing hair while on chemotherapy?
Cancer is in remission once again? It's not like he is seeing an oncologist regularly.

Quote:
Body = proof of homicide = murder charges.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:49 PM   #179
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
That the entire genesis of "Heisenberg" was how WW got screwed out of the success of Grey Matter, AND the fact that Elliot ended up with his x-girlfriend Gretchen. It was WW's work and research which was the foundation of Grey Matter, and yet, he got screwed out of billions of dollars of success and fame (and the girl, too).
Wait, what?

I thought he screwed himself. Elliot got the girl, and Walt had a hissy fit and quit, thinking he could do better on his own. Elliot ended up a billionaire; Walt ended up a high school teacher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
Cancer is in remission once again? It's not like he is seeing an oncologist regularly.
And I can tell you from personal experience that chemo doesn't always cause hair loss. Neither my Mom nor I lost our hair.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #180
jr461

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
It's clearly back and I assumed the IV that the cleaner hooked up in the cabin was his treatment.

Anyway, small issue and there's probably an explanation since it's not like this show to overlook stuff.