Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #121
DarkMatter1968

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 702 View Post
She sent Todd and Company to his house to threaten Sklar. She dies.
The viewers know that..but how will Heisenburg find out. I don't think there is going to be alot of conversation when the big gun comes out.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #122
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
... I assume he scrambles back there, just ahead of the law. Rolls his barrel o' money down the hill, steals a car, buys a gun, loads the gun with ricin bullets, kills everyone he ever knew.
Ricin bullets ... LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitbyBlit View Post
I don't think Walt would even attempt to go back to his cabin. All he has left is the $100,000. Once he buys the weapons (and car?), he'll probably be broke.
$100K was all that he could fit into the case of Ensure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtle View Post
I wonder how much money did Saul had with him after the "escape". He did profit a lot from Walter, but he said the best he can do now is a managerial job at Cinnabon.
... work his way UP to a managerial job at Cinnabon (not a franchise owner). Low profile for him from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldworker View Post
I don't get why people are saying that. They told Skylar to go away and rack her brain to come up with information about where Walt may be. They want her to trade information for her freedom. She hasn't told them anything. They don't have Jesse's confession. Marie didn't know any details. The DEA has nothing.
At the point of Saul's disappearance, the DEA may have Kubie as well as Huell, plus all of Hank's notes from the garage, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
It was my impression that the DVD lying on the floor was not THE DVD. It was simply shown to convey that the Aryans had broken in and riffled through a bunch of stuff in an attempt to locate the DVD. Once they show them back at their place watching the DVD, it's obvious that they were successful in their mission.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Nah. Poetic justice would be for Todd (in a cigarette) or Lydia (in Stevia) to take the ricin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnelson View Post
They do make a big deal about Lydia with her Stevia, don't they? I could totally see this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Chekhov's ricin.
Yes! It HAS to be for Lydia, though Walt likely does not know about her plan to eliminate Skyler. But it would be poetic for there to be a scene of her opening a special packet of Stevia and stirring it into her tea.

There is no way that Walt plans to take ricin for himself. Absolutely no way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
... And I still see NO reason Walt would save Jesse. In his mind Jesse started all of this. I don't know why you think he would help or have mercy on Jesse in any way...
I totally agree with nyny523.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by getreal : 09-23-2013 at 11:47 AM.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:39 AM   #123
jkeegan

I LOVE HOW EVERY EPISODE THIS HALF-SEASON HAS BEEN TRULY EPIC!

so damned good.

Placeholder for myself - only up to page 2 of the thread.

seven syllables
(
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
they explain it all
jkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #124
nyny523
Oy

Quote:
I don't think that's entirely true.

Didn't Todd ask Uncle Jack to keep Jessie for the cook while everyone was still out in the desert? I thought Walt witnessed that.
Nope - that was AFTER Walt left.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #125
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAsunder View Post
Who the heck puts milk (soy or otherwise) and sweetener in Chamomile tea? Disgusting. She needs to be murdered for such an affront to taste buds.
I had the same thought.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #126
Hank
AC•FTW

I don't see Lydia as anyone Heisenberg has to worry about. She's not a threat or a tool he needs. She's just part of the plot to move along the meth production. Maybe he'll use her as bait for Todd, but he doesn't really know about that either.

As stated above, the ricin will end up with Elliot and Gretchen.

Jesse won't take the ricin either -- as stated in previous threads, it's a terrible, painful way to die. He's not going to kill himself that way. WW may get Jesse to take it, but I doubt that.

I take back what I said about Walt saving Jesse. That ship has sailed now that WW is only after killing that crew and getting his money back.

Also, I think what Adam Scott said in Talking Bad is absolutely true: That the entire genesis of "Heisenberg" was how WW got screwed out of the success of Grey Matter, AND the fact that Elliot ended up with his x-girlfriend Gretchen. It was WW's work and research which was the foundation of Grey Matter, and yet, he got screwed out of billions of dollars of success and fame (and the girl, too). He wanted to build an empire bigger than Grey Matter just to give a big FU to Elliot and Gretchen, just like he did at that lunch with Gretchen in Season 1 (maybe 2). And when he heard her say that his *only* contribution to the company was the name, he now has two targets to take care of.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #127
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny523 View Post
Nope - that was AFTER Walt left.
Last night's episode, in fact.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #128
Tracy
Truly

Lydia is so weird. I find her little character so interesting. But I agree with those that think that Walt has no real beef with her--that he knows about, at least.

If the DEA knew a ton about Walt's business, they might be able to find Lydia, right? We first met her because she had something to do with Gus's restaurants and the shipping. Or am I misremembering?
Old 09-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #129
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
Last night's episode, in fact.
Nope it was last week.

If Elliot and Gretchen are the target of the ricin then I am REALLY going to be disappointed. All the build up for characters that have only appeared in a couple of episodes. I agree they are key to everything but it's not the payoff I wanted.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #130
JohnB1000

Do you think we'll see Badger and Pete again ?
Old 09-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #131
getreal
postcrastinator

In the desert in "Ozymandias", Walt nodded his approval to execute Jesse in front of him, then Todd piped up with the idea to get him to cook in order to up the percentage on the next batch of meth, then they would complete the contract (i.e., kill Jesse). Jack asked if Walt was good with that and he consented.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #132
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Also, I think what Adam Scott said in Talking Bad is absolutely true: That the entire genesis of "Heisenberg" was how WW got screwed out of the success of Grey Matter, AND the fact that Elliot ended up with his x-girlfriend Gretchen. It was WW's work and research which was the foundation of Grey Matter, and yet, he got screwed out of billions of dollars of success and fame (and the girl, too). He wanted to build an empire bigger than Grey Matter just to give a big FU to Elliot and Gretchen, just like he did at that lunch with Gretchen in Season 1 (maybe 2). And when he heard her say that his *only* contribution to the company was the name, he now has two targets to take care of.
I really like this.

And it really fits well. Walt's biggest pain/thorn is this Grey Matter company, which has been on the back-burner for the audience and mostly too for Walt. But it's what drives him, consciously and subconsciously. And "losing the girl" often continues to hurt long after you have a new one.

Now if you know you took ricin, it can be "cured", right? Isn't that part of it? So if Jesse ever got sick, couldn't he just tell doctors to check for ricin?

I'm not entirely sure how he gets Elliot and Gretchen to take ricin while there's a national man-hunt out for him. He'll have to evade law enforcement by sneaking back to his home town and getting into the heavily populated building where they work.

Paging Dr. Kimble. Paging Dr. Richard Kimble.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #133
Tracy
Truly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
Nope it was last week.

If Elliot and Gretchen are the target of the ricin then I am REALLY going to be disappointed. All the build up for characters that have only appeared in a couple of episodes. I agree they are key to everything but it's not the payoff I wanted.
I don't know. The whole thing with that company REALLY used to bother me early in the show. It just seemed so unfair. Killing those two wouldn't be all that satisfying for me, though. I want the truth about Walt's genius to come out.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #134
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
In the desert in "Ozymandias", Walt nodded his approval to execute Jesse in front of him, then Todd piped up with the idea to get him to cook in order to up the percentage on the next batch of meth, then they would complete the contract (i.e., kill Jesse). Jack asked if Walt was good with that and he consented.
Yes, that is what I thought I remembered. Not sure what everyone else was watching
Old 09-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #135
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Do you think we'll see Badger and Pete again ?
I don't know about anyone else, but on Talking Bad last night, Badger kept saying the stupidest things, especially for someone actually in the show!

Adam Scott OTOH, was extremely insightful with his comments.

Also, no way Badger is getting any other roles than a stoner/druggie with that distinctive voice.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #136
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
That's how I remembered it too.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #137
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
... As stated above, the ricin will end up with Elliot and Gretchen ...
... the entire genesis of "Heisenberg" was how WW got screwed out of the success of Grey Matter, AND the fact that Elliot ended up with his x-girlfriend Gretchen. It was WW's work and research which was the foundation of Grey Matter, and yet, he got screwed out of billions of dollars of success and fame (and the girl, too). He wanted to build an empire bigger than Grey Matter just to give a big FU to Elliot and Gretchen, just like he did at that lunch with Gretchen in Season 1 (maybe 2). And when he heard her say that his *only* contribution to the company was the name, he now has two targets to take care of.
That makes a good case for G&E to "drink the Kool-Aid", so to speak.

Now I like the idea of Lydia, Gretchen & Eliot getting the ricin, but I'm not sure if there's enough to go around.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #138
Johnny Dancing
Closet Rebel

I feel very little sympathy for Jesse. He could have gone fishing for Salmon up in Alaska and started a new life.

But he refuses the vacuum cleaner guy ride, and gets a bunch of good people killed including the mother of the little kid he wanted to revenge. On top of that he is a meth cooking slave. Bad choices.

Of course, if Jesse left it would have made for a non-eventful ending.

Now Walt needs to blow up the meth camp and drop the Risin in the hole for Jessie.

If Walt does this, he will have all the money and a few weeks to live. So what will he do with the cash? WW must have one of his genius plans for it, he not going to just let it go back to the feds.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #139

Everyone is blaming Jesse for starting the final chapter (talking to Hank), but lets go back further. I blame Mike for not killing Lydia.

If she died a while ago that would make for a very short season though.
702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #140
JohnB1000

Quote:
Also, no way Badger is getting any other roles than a stoner/druggie with that distinctive voice.
That actor has been in a ton of things. He pops up all over the place. The Office, NCIS, Community, How I Met Your Mother etc.

He's doing something right because he gets talking parts in a lot of shows.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #141
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
Nope it was last week.
Quote:
No - Todd had the conversation with his uncle about Jessie cooking in last night's episode...when his uncle wanted to go pop Jessie for spilling about killing that kid.

In the desert last week, Todd spoke with his uncle about interrogating Jessie, Jack Bauer style, to find out what the DEA might know.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #142
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Quote:
Yes, that is what I thought I remembered. Not sure what everyone else was watching
I don't think it happened that way. WW would have never agreed to letting the AB and Jesse start cooking his blue meth again. Todd just said they wanted to get information out of Jesse first, then kill him, and then back at the compound Todd talked about getting Jesse to cook. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen within the earshot of WW. But now that the blue meth is back on the streets, WW can conclude that Jesse is not dead and cooking for the AB.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #143
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
No - Todd had the conversation with his uncle about Jessie cooking in last night's episode...when his uncle wanted to go pop Jessie for spilling about killing that kid.

Before that, all we know about what Todd told his uncle, is taking Jessie back to interrogate him Jack Bauer style.
That's not how I remember it at all, nor Getreal.

Quote:

Old 09-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #144
wouldworker
_

Quote:
I can't see him killing them either. He only kills (or has killed) people who are a direct threat to him or his family. Elliot and Gretchen's appearance was a device to get Walt heading back to New Mexico. His ego is freshly damaged and his meth is back on the streets. He's not going back to take care of Elliot and Gretchen. He's after bigger fish.
wouldworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #145
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Perhaps Walt kills the AB on his way back from poisoning G & E, and just lets Jesse out on his way back outta town.

Walt will have some plan by now to get the millions to his family. He's had months to think on it (though no way to implement anything). His seems to want only 2 things. First and foremost is for his family to get the money. So he steals it back and somehow hides it for them for the future...

Secondly, he wants to be known as a genius. Perhaps on his deathbed he writes a book or films something. Perhaps it's something on YouTube for us viewers to watch in a few weeks.

Or a movie coming soon to a theater near you.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #146
JohnB1000

In fact, thinking back, they actually showed Jessie cooking last week (or preparing to), that's where he saw the picture of Andrea.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #147
JohnB1000

Quote:
Secondly, he wants to be known as a genius. Perhaps on his deathbed he writes a book or films something. Perhaps it's something on YouTube for us viewers to watch in a few weeks.

Or a movie coming soon to a theater near you.
Actually you are watching it right now.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #148
Hank
AC•FTW

Damn, it's so hard to get any work done on Mondays.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #149
MonsterJoe
salty meat-poles

Quote:
That's not how I remember it at all, nor Getreal.
That's fine. But what I wrote is what happened in the show.

We saw Jesse about to cook - Todd: "Let's Cook" ...but had no indication that his uncle knew anything about it. In fact, one could assume that Todd lied to his uncle about his intentions for Jessie, specifically because he didn't say anything about cooking, while out in the desert.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #150
nyny523
Oy

I don't remember Walt consenting to this...

I don't think he would have. He wanted Jesse dead.