TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #61
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Did you have running water?

I'm not sure where Walt's water was coming from. Was there a well and an automatic water pump supplying that sink we saw?
Yeah, my first place had running water. 30 foot dug well (with a crappy rotting wood cover: Timmy, get off the well before you fall in!) with a pump. When the power was out you could literally lower a bucket.

I think I will start greeting visitors with "Welcome to New Hampshire Mr. Lambert!"

Last edited by kaszeta : 09-23-2013 at 08:53 AM.
kaszeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #62
Marco
Yes, Mr. Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
Probably different cooks.
That's what I figgered.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #63
markymark_ctown

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
I wish they hadn't done the flash forward. I already knew he was going to New Hampshire and coming back. I was a bit disappointed in this episode, especially after last weeks.
it's not the destination, it's the journey...
markymark_ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:31 AM   #64
3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frash View Post
I think he had full intentions of giving up and turning himself in. But then he saw the interview on TV and a fire was lit inside of him.

I just can't figure out what lit that fire. Was it the snub that he didn't contribute to the company? Or was it the realization that there's blue meth on the streets, which means that Jesse is cooking?

Whichever it was, it changed his mind to take action instead of being taken in.
I have a different take than some of the other responses. I thought what pushed Walt into full on Heisenberg mode was when the wife in the tv interview (can't remember her name) said something along the lines of Walt White is not out there still running things; the sweet man that was Walt White has been gone for a long time. I thought that when she said this, it caused Walt to finally come to grips with the fact that whatever his original motives, he was no longer the guy who was just trying to look out for his family. He broke bad a long time ago, but this was the moment where whatever tiny fraction of Walt White had lingered finally disappeared, leaving nothing but Heisenberg behind. And Heisenberg ain't turning himself in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
Why did Todd give Lydia and Jesse different purity numbers? Did he under report to Lydia or over report to Jesse? if anything, you would think he would give Lydia the best possible number. Why give Jesse the higher number? Who is that helping?
I would guess that it was two different batches. The conversation with Lydia was definitely early in the timeline because it took place at a time when we know that Skylar was still living in the house (Todd having paid her a visit at a time that seemed like the night before meeting Lydia). We know that there was a three to four month time jump on the Walt side of things, so I suspect that the scene with Jesse being told 96%, which was right before he tried to escape, also occurred after a time jump, but I'd have to rewatch to confirm.
3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #65
BitbyBlit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Nah, he's coming back to wreak havoc on those what dissed him.
Yeah. He only cared about his money in terms of being able to leave it for his family. The reason he ignored Saul's advice was because he still held out hope that there was some way to make everything he had done not be for nothing.

Once his son refused it, he only had one way left to protect his family: turn himself in.

But then Gretchen and Elliott's interview happened where they denied any involvement on Walt's part in the formation of the company, and that not only tweaked his ego, but made him realize that he no longer had any legacy as Walter White. Everyone from his son to his old friends were distancing themselves from him.

Thus, he needed to leave a new legacy as Heisenberg. He wants revenge, but I think he also wants recognition. So he is planning on combining the two by going out in a moment of glory. Whether that plan ends up going the way he intends is another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanmc View Post
Maybe he was just trying to encourage Jesse in his weird Todd way. Or maybe they did another cook after he talked to Lydia and got it up even more.

Or maybe Todd was lying to everyone.
I think they were two different cooks. The first was just getting Lydia's attention. And the second was some time later after Jesse had been cooking for a while. I think the purpose of the different percentages was to tell us that, not to make us think that Todd was playing weird mind games with Jesse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
I doubt most of his clients have barrels full of $11 million.

He is all about risk. He gets a one time fee and helps people disappear. Walter is an exception.

If he actually kills his clients now he has bodies to dispose of. He increases his risk exponentially and there's unlikely to be much extra money in it.
Exactly. Killing people and disposing of their bodies in a manner such that he wouldn't get caught would actually be a lot more work. And most people he relocates are probably either pretty much already giving him their life savings or are dangerous people whom he would not want to mess with.

Plus, I think he does have his own sense of morality such that even though he is helping people evade the law, he is not a thief or murderer. I actually believed him when he told Walt that he wouldn't take any of his money even though he realized that Walt wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
I wish they hadn't done the flash forward. I already knew he was going to New Hampshire and coming back. I was a bit disappointed in this episode, especially after last weeks.
For me, where he ended up hiding out wasn't important. And that he would end up leaving was obvious from the fact that there was one more episode. So any spoilers from the flash forward were more than made up for by the suspense they gave of, "How did Walt get there?"
Old 09-23-2013, 08:54 AM   #66
ellinj
Seems Very Friendly

Another good episode although I think they jumped a bit to far from the DEA knowing nothing to the DEA knowing everything.
ellinj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #67
dtle

I wonder how much money did Saul had with him after the "escape". He did profit a lot from Walter, but he said the best he can do now is a managerial job at Cinnabon.
dtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #68
wouldworker
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellinj View Post
Another good episode although I think they jumped a bit to far from the DEA knowing nothing to the DEA knowing everything.
I don't get why people are saying that. They told Skylar to go away and rack her brain to come up with information about where Walt may be. They want her to trade information for her freedom. She hasn't told them anything. They don't have Jesse's confession. Marie didn't know any details. The DEA has nothing.
wouldworker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:01 AM   #69
Bryanmc
I'm normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtle View Post
I wonder how much money did Saul had with him after the "escape". He did profit a lot from Walter, but he said the best he can do now is a managerial job at Cinnabon.
I think he was just contrasting his fall from lawyer with power to not being able to professionally do more than a mall worker. I don't think it was a comment on his financial situation.
Bryanmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #70
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellinj View Post
One little detail that stood out to me in this episode that didn't go anywhere: When the DEA agents came with Marie back to the house and found it broken into, there was a DVD lying on the ground when they came in.

If that DVD was Hanks copy of Walt's fake confession, they'd know most everything. If they digested that and figured out that Hank was (a) dead and (b) not the ringleader, they'd otherwise be able to piece together most of the rest of it.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #71
Paperboy2003
Wasting time here

Quote:
I think he was just contrasting his fall from lawyer with power to not being able to professionally do more than a mall worker. I don't think it was a comment on his financial situation.
So does this set up Odenkirk's spin off.....Saul is a manager at a Cinnabon in Nebraska while also trying to build a thriving (il)legal practice of helping ciminals?

"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity."
Paperboy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #72
Fahtrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
Why did Todd give Lydia and Jesse different purity numbers? Did he under report to Lydia or over report to Jesse? if anything, you would think he would give Lydia the best possible number. Why give Jesse the higher number? Who is that helping?
I thought it was just different batches.
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #73
Bryanmc
I'm normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaszeta View Post
One little detail that stood out to me in this episode that didn't go anywhere: When the DEA agents came with Marie back to the house and found it broken into, there was a DVD lying on the ground when they came in.

If that DVD was Hanks copy of Walt's fake confession, they'd know most everything. If they digested that and figured out that Hank was (a) dead and (b) not the ringleader, they'd otherwise be able to piece together most of the rest of it.
Yeah, I was wondering if that was *the* DVD.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #74
Bryanmc
I'm normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperboy2003 View Post
So does this set up Odenkirk's spin off.....Saul is a manager at a Cinnabon in Nebraska while also trying to build a thriving (il)legal practice of helping ciminals?
I thought the spin-off was "confirmed" to be a prequel to BB.

Though Saul working at a Cinnabon could be awesome as well.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #75
Fahtrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Waiot'll he hears that Anna was killed.

He could have told Walt Jr., that he didn't kill Hank, not that the kid would believe.

The guy playing Todd is another guy, like Jack Gleason, that will never work again unless he's really got brown hair.

It's looking like Jesse could be the last man standing.
You mean Andrea?
He did tell them all that he tried to save Hank but nobody was listening.
The guy playing Todd was also great in Saturday Night Lights.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #76
DarkMatter1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Nah, he's coming back to wreak havoc on those what dissed him.
I just don't think he can get to everyone who dissed him in the last episode of the series. He wants legacy, WW reputation is clearly gone, that is what Gretchen and Elliott's interview showed. It put the fire back in his belly and he is going out totally as Heisenberg, he might "redeem" himself with Jesse in the end. My .02 is he will get his money back from the AB and probably die alone from the cancer as poetic justice.
DarkMatter1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #77
Bryanmc
I'm normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahtrim View Post
The guy playing Todd was also great in Saturday Night Lights.
Even better in Friday Night Lights.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #78
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMatter1968 View Post
I just don't think he can get to everyone who dissed him in the last episode of the series. He wants legacy, WW reputation is clearly gone, that is what Gretchen and Elliott's interview showed. It put the fire back in his belly and he is going out totally as Heisenberg, he might "redeem" himself with Jesse in the end. My .02 is he will get his money back from the AB and probably die alone from the cancer as poetic justice.
I'm pretty sure the gun is going to be for the AB. I suspect some sort of shootout will go down, and, near the end, he'll find himself point a gun at Jesse. And decide to let him walk. But purely a guess.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #79
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitbyBlit View Post
Plus, I think he does have his own sense of morality such that even though he is helping people evade the law, he is not a thief or murderer. I actually believed him when he told Walt that he wouldn't take any of his money even though he realized that Walt wouldn't.
Yes. That is why it reminded me of his role (Max Cherry) in the Tarantino movie, "Jackie Brown". Both roles has Forester calmly, cautiously, and fearlessly willing to bend the law but not taking additional money not due him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtle View Post
Quote:
Yes. I also interpreted that he could "manage" to purchase a Cinnabon franchise. I laughed out loud when he flipped his comb-over when taking his ID photo.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #80
Fahtrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperboy2003 View Post
The spin off is still a prequel right? So with that knowledge, no this would have nothing to do with a spin off.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #81
Fahtrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wouldworker View Post
I don't get why people are saying that. They told Skylar to go away and rack her brain to come up with information about where Walt may be. They want her to trade information for her freedom. She hasn't told them anything. They don't have Jesse's confession. Marie didn't know any details. The DEA has nothing.
Then explain the news clippings and the nationwide manhunt for Walter White aka Heisenberg that were all over in this episode..........

I also would like to know how the DEA/FBI/CIA/NSA/NIC/NYPD/Homeland Security/boys in blue etc has enough evidence to put all that in motion. Is it the phone call that was recorded when Walt had Holly that then led them to uncover everything else????
Old 09-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #82
Fahtrim

Quote:
Even better in Friday Night Lights.
doh, typing too fast...........lol
Old 09-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #83
nyny523
Oy

I don't understand why everyone thinks Walt has some kind of plan with Jesse.

He thinks Jesse is dead. He has no idea the Nazis are keeping him alive to cook. Of course, he COULD suspect something now after the TV interview where they discussed the Blue Meth being back on the streets...

Oh, and FWIW, Jesse Plemons (Todd) is REALLY impressive. For those of us who enjoyed his performance in Friday Night Lights, Todd is a COMPLETE 180 from Landry. He is a much better actor than I realized.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:33 AM   #84
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitbyBlit View Post
Poor Andrea. And Brock now that he's lost his mother. At least Todd was courteous enough not to let him see his mother being executed.
Finding her dead and bloody on the front lawn won't traumatize him much.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #85
VegasVic
Craps Player

We know now that Walt was in the cabin 3-4 months. But Jesse didn't look like he had been cooking that long. His face was still beat up, his hair hadn't grown (I doubt they took him for a haircut) so I'm not sure his storyline was lined up with Walts in last night's ep.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #86
DarkMatter1968

I agree he does not know about Jesse atm but it could be his redeeming moment in the end with the AB...now the ricin has me puzzled...too many possibilities..Gretchen/Elliott, Lydia, himself?
DarkMatter1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #87
Big Deficit
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
Jesse will never be ok.
Even if he lives he'll be the poster boy for PTSD.
You mean PSTD, right?

oops, wrong show...

This is going to be a long week, waiting anxiously for Sunday (and not because of football).

My guess, Walt takes out the crew with the big guns, kills Lydia with the ricin and somehow saves Jesse. Another member(s) of Walt's family dies during the final act and Walt see's it before he dies (either gunshot from Jesse or ricin). Of course, considering my track record with this show? None of this happens!
Old 09-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #88
Bryanmc
I'm normal.

Maybe Marie kills Walter.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #89
VegasVic
Craps Player

Yeah who does he want to poison instead of shooting? Why would it matter? Unless he takes the ricin himself.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #90
wouldworker
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahtrim View Post
Then explain the news clippings and the nationwide manhunt for Walter White aka Heisenberg that were all over in this episode..........

I also would like to know how the DEA/FBI/CIA/NSA/NIC/NYPD/Homeland Security/boys in blue etc has enough evidence to put all that in motion. Is it the phone call that was recorded when Walt had Holly that then led them to uncover everything else????
The DEA has been after Heisenberg. They now know that Walter White is Heisenberg. That's enough to launch a manhunt for him. They don't have to know every detail of his operation and we have seen nothing that indicates that they know any of that.
wouldworker is offline   Reply With Quote