TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
GoPackGo

So Walter White and Heisenberg are household names.

Gretchen and Elliot went on Charlie Rose and inadvertently caused Walt to come out of hiding!

Robert Forster is SO GOOD at playing that type of character.

I suppose that was Saul's exit.

Is Jesse ok?

And FINALLY, after hearing Vince and co saying for months how incredible Todd is, their hype started to pay off in this episode.
GoPackGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
F yeah Robert Forster!
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
Carlucci
Hiding The Decline

Gretchen and Elliott are so going to get a Ricin-flavored gift-basket.
Carlucci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
BradJW

Robert Forster was great.

Todd is such a polite criminal. His momma sure taught him manners.
Jesse is fine. Brock's mom - not so much.
BradJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
jamesl

"Just so you know .. this isn't personal."
jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #6
mostman

So how did the DEA go from knowing nothing to knowing everything? We know Marie would talk - but they don't really have evidence. At least enough to issue a massive manhunt for him. I feel they left too much off screen.

We don't know if Walt's conversation with Jesse was ever handed over. We also don't know if they saw the Jesse confession tape. It does seem that Skyler isn't talking. So... I'm not sure.

Last edited by mostman : 09-22-2013 at 09:48 PM.
mostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
whitson77
Director Level

Is next week's episode just an hour? A lot to wrap up in a short amount of time, if they decide to wrap up a lot of loose ends.
whitson77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #8
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitson77 View Post
Is next week's episode just an hour? A lot to wrap up in a short amount of time, if they decide to wrap up a lot of loose ends.
Hour 15.
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:17 PM   #9
GoPackGo

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
Hour 15.
I noticed in the promo for next week's episode it said Presented by CarMax. Maybe that means limited commercial breaks?
GoPackGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #10
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlucci View Post
Gretchen and Elliott are so going to get a Ricin-flavored gift-basket.
Who?
Old 09-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #11
bsnelson
I'm an Android, baby

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPackGo View Post
Gretchen and Elliot went on Charlie Rose and inadvertently caused Walt to come out of hiding!
He had placed the call to the DEA before he heard Elliot and Gretchen. Now, did it change what he had planned to do when the cavalry came? Not sure.

Agree, there's a lot to wrap up in 75 minutes, but it seems like he has some additional targets now.

Not as good as last week's episode, but that bar was very high. It's gonna be a long week.

Brad
bsnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #12
dwatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamakzie View Post
Who?
Walt's former business partners from before he was a chemistry teacher. They were the ones who Walt said was paying for his cancer treatment at the beginning but it was really coming from meth proceeds.
dwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #13
dswallow
Save the Moderatоr

TC CLUB MEMBER
This episode was definitely more like the calm before the storm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
dswallow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #14
Kamakzie
Are you serious bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwatt View Post
Walt's former business partners from before he was a chemistry teacher. They were the ones who Walt said was paying for his cancer treatment at the beginning but it was really coming from meth proceeds.
Ahh yes.. Duh!
Old 09-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #15
Frash

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnelson View Post
He had placed the call to the DEA before he heard Elliot and Gretchen. Now, did it change what he had planned to do when the cavalry came? Not sure.
I think he had full intentions of giving up and turning himself in. But then he saw the interview on TV and a fire was lit inside of him.

I just can't figure out what lit that fire. Was it the snub that he didn't contribute to the company? Or was it the realization that there's blue meth on the streets, which means that Jesse is cooking?

Whichever it was, it changed his mind to take action instead of being taken in.
Frash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #16
jr461

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnelson View Post
Not as good as last week's episode, but that bar was very high. It's gonna be a long week.

Brad
Agree and still the 1:15 flew by.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #17
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frash View Post
I just can't figure out what lit that fire. Was it the snub that he didn't contribute to the company? Or was it the realization that there's blue meth on the streets, which means that Jesse is cooking?
I think it's all of the above. His feelings are hurt because he's not getting credit for his contributions to the company, and because somebody else is cooking "his" meth.

(And by "his feelings are hurt," I mean "his pride is driving him into a homicidal rage, the likes of which can only be assuaged through the generous application of high-caliber, large-magazine weaponry, and ricin.")
Old 09-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #18
markp99
TakoKichi

Who knew the unabomber's cabin was actually in NH?
markp99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:41 PM   #19
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Ego. The same thing that had him, instead of taking their help by going to work for Grey Matter, and taking advantage of their top of the line health care to fund his cancer treatments, saying Eff You to Gretchen and continuing down the path. He could have avoided ALL of it by simply saying yes to Elliott.

It's the same ego that will destroy him.

At the hands of his son.

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #20
Beryl

Quote:
I just can't figure out what lit that fire.
IMO -- Pride and arrogance.

I now blame Walt for the death of Jesse's 2nd GF because he told the Nazi's about her and her son. He can drop dead any time now.

Robert Forster was great - $10K for one hour of his time. Gotta go watch Jackie Brown again.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #21
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

Love the episode, especially since Walt's cabin soooo resembles my first place in NH.

How long was he there? Two months? (Long enough for the hair, but still winter)
kaszeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #22
scottjf8
Dada and Kaya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaszeta View Post
Love the episode, especially since Walt's cabin soooo resembles my first place in NH.

How long was he there? Two months? (Long enough for the hair, but still winter)
According to talking bad! he was there for 3-4 months and is probably leaving a day or two before his 52nd bday and the diner scene.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #23
jamesl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostman View Post
So how did the DEA go from knowing nothing to knowing everything? We know Marie would talk - but they don't really have evidence. At least enough to issue a massive manhunt for him. I feel they left too much off screen.

We don't know if Walt's conversation with Jesse was ever handed over. We also don't know if they saw the Jesse confession tape. It does seem that Skyler isn't talking. So... I'm not sure.
yeah, same question

if they recorded Walt's conversation with Skylar then they have him saying "I'll do to you what I did to Hank"

so they have Walt for suspicion of murder, and domestic violence, but nothing else really

then there's Huell being watched by he DEA agent in the hotel room

true the DEA agent doesn't know anything about Walt, but he knows Huell is involved in a case that Hank and Gomez are investigating

and as soon as he finds out that Hank and Gomez are presumed dead he's going to think Huell knows something about their death

so I imagine Huell was charged with conspiracy and offered a deal and then he told everything he knew

still seems like they shouldn't have much evidence
jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #24
Ereth

Quote:
My thought. How could there possibly be only one more episode? So much to do!

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:46 PM   #25
SocratesJohnson

I still think he goes back to free Jessie so that he can do one thing to redeem himself, at least in his own head. He'll then offer his life to Jessie and let the chip fall where they may.
SocratesJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #26
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocratesJohnson View Post
I still think he goes back to free Jessie so that he can do one thing to redeem himself, at least in his own head. He'll then offer his life to Jessie and let the chip fall where they may.
Yeah, I think this is now a definite possibility... The enemy of my enemy is my friend sort of thing. But he won't let Jesse decide, he'll just let him go his own way.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #27
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

So Walt's obviously not safe for long, and might not even make it back to his cabin.

I assume he scrambles back there, just ahead of the law. Rolls his barrel o' money down the hill, steals a car, buys a gun, loads the gun with ricin bullets, kills everyone he ever knew.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:11 AM   #28
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

DAMN!!!

todd is hard core. and a soft sweetie.

Once Flynn flipped out on the phone, I think Walt knew he was gonna tell people or figured it would be obvious people in the school would hear. So, he dials DEA in ABQ. Then lets the phone drop and just goes to the bar for a drink. What was his plan? Wait for the cops to show up? That changed after he saw Gretchen and Elliot on TV?

At least we got the explanation on the house. Just kids that vandalized it.

I like how the cleaner guy really has an actual vacuum repair business. But am surprised he got as involved as he did with multiple trips to see Walt. Seems like he would stick you in the new place and never show his face again. Yeah, I know. He suggested that's the way it worked. But it was different this time. But still.. I wouldn't expect it to go on so long.

How does Walt get his strength back? He's clearly very sick at this point. But when we saw him in the diner and back in ABQ, I thought he looked better.

jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:15 AM   #29
vertigo235

He does it for 50k a month that's why

vertigo235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #30
Bryanmc
I'm normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo235 View Post
He does it for 50k a month that's why
Don't forget about that balloon payment at the end.
Bryanmc is offline   Reply With Quote