TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
WillfromSF
WillfromSF

HBO On Demand with Tivo HD via Comcast?

Anyone know if HBO On Demand will work with a Tivo HD (the model that came out just before Tivo Preimiere) via Comcast? And where I would find it? I don't have a Comcast channel selector box, but use Tivo cards instead.

Thanks.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
mattack

No, it will not. Unfortunately On Demand is only on the Premieres.

(BTW, you use Cable Cards, not "Tivo cards".)

Also, some may argue "you have a TiVo, why do you need On Demand". I VERY SLIGHTLY agree with that sentiment, but have used On Demand (on my new-ish Premiere 4) a couple of times, especially for HD versions of shows where I Tivoed the SD version (due to lack of hard drive space.. even a 2 TB drive wouldn't let me hoard up enough shows in HD).
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
tomahawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
No, it will not. Unfortunately On Demand is only on the Premieres.

(BTW, you use Cable Cards, not "Tivo cards".)

Also, some may argue "you have a TiVo, why do you need On Demand". I VERY SLIGHTLY agree with that sentiment, but have used On Demand (on my new-ish Premiere 4) a couple of times, especially for HD versions of shows where I Tivoed the SD version (due to lack of hard drive space.. even a 2 TB drive wouldn't let me hoard up enough shows in HD).

Hi, I just had Comcast add HBO On Demand to my channel lineup (3 months for free), but when I go to the HBO On Demand channel (549) I get the V52 error. Do I have to access HBO On Demand content some other way?
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk View Post
Hi, I just had Comcast add HBO On Demand to my channel lineup (3 months for free), but when I go to the HBO On Demand channel (549) I get the V52 error. Do I have to access HBO On Demand content some other way?
Since this is in the S3 forum, I'm going to assume that is what you have. In which case, as mattack said, On Demand won't work. You will need a Comcast box on a separate tv or input.
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote