TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
dana278

Well here's a new one. My Pro restarts at 8pm every night now.

I've had my Pro for two weeks now and I've been very happy with it. I did have a Plus for a week and I had multiple issues, but after exchanging it for a Pro, and having the cable company bring me a new cable card and an amplifier I've been having great luck with it. Not a single problem, until a few days ago.

Three nights in a row now my Pro has spontaneously restarted for no reason. First night was at 7:29pm, but the second two nights it was at 8pm exactly, right on the dot. The first night I dismissed it, because I've had TiVos for years and I've had the random restart here and there so I wasn't worried. The second night I realized I might have a problem on my hands, but I wanted more of a pattern before I contacted customer service. I think I have one now! If this keeps up I'll be losing the first three to four minutes of every show that airs at 8pm, which sucks. Obviously not the end of the world, but it is concerning.

And since I'm on the west coast, it's also interesting that the 8pm restart happens right when TiVo customer service closes. LOL I'll contact them tomorrow, but does anyone have any thoughts in the meantime?
dana278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:27 AM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

Look at the network settings and see when it's last call attempt was. Also if you have any other TiVos check the. And see if there was an emergency alert at that time.

Once or twice in the past I've had this happen with my Elite and it seemed to coincide with the start/end of a recording. Did you have recordings starting or ending at those exact times?
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
dana278

I checked the other TiVos and they were fine, and my last/next call attempts were nowhere near the restart times. I'm not sure what an emergency alert is, I've never had one on any of my TiVo boxes and I wouldn't even know where to check!

Since it was exactly at 7:29 (probably 7:30 actually) and 8:00 it would coincide with the start or end of a program, but it's not like it was the same program every day.

I haven't called TiVo yet, I'm going to do a little more "testing" first. LOL I know last night I was on my main menu when it happened, and I actually think it was on the main menu on Thursday as well. I don't remember being startled at the restart while I was watching a program on either day, I just happened to look over from what I was doing to see that it was on the black restarting screen. I don't remember what happened on Wednesday.

My recordings all start up again just fine, so it's not a major issue, it's just very odd at this point that it happened at 8pm exactly twice in a row.
dana278 is offline   Reply With Quote