TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-15-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
mr_smits

Stream Amazon content to Mini?

Is it still impossible to download/buy Amazon instant content to a Roamio and then stream/watch it from a Mini?
mr_smits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:13 PM   #2
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Yes however you can't use the remote to start viewing. You must use the Tivo Apple IOS app; select the Mini, go to your shows, select the Amazon recording and select watch on TV. The content should start playing and at that point you can use the remote to pause, rewind and play. If you use the remote to go back to your recorded shows or back out you must go back to the Apple app to restart the show.

Search function is your friend, there are a few other threads about this.

Not sure if this by accident or design, hopefully they will fix this in the future. By fixing it meaning they will add the standard remote to play Amazon recordings and not take this away completely. It's nonsense that you have to use a apple device to do this as after all that is the whole purpose of the Mini is to not transfer protected content but to stream it from a central source.
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:17 PM   #3
mr_smits

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboydog View Post
Yes however you can't use the remote to start viewing. You must use the Tivo Apple IOS app; select the Mini, go to your shows, select the Amazon recording and select watch on TV. The content should start playing and at that point you can use the remote to pause, rewind and play. If you use the remote to go back to your recorded shows or back out you must go back to the Apple app to restart the show.

Search function is your friend, there are a few other threads about this.
Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

FWIW, I did 'search' for my query but the results didn't appear to answer my question. Of course, maybe it was my phrasing.
mr_smits is offline   Reply With Quote