TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
Malcontent
Aka: Smiling Bob

BBC America cancels 'Copper' after two seasons

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...o-seasons.html

Quote:
BBC America has canceled "Copper" after two seasons on the cable network. This Sunday's Season 2 finale will be the last of the series.

Malcontent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Awww Man! I haven't caught up yet. I hope it stays on VoD.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeAndrews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
Craigbob

Well I have the whole 2nd season to watch. Should I invest the time?
Old 09-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigbob View Post
Well I have the whole 2nd season to watch. Should I invest the time?
It's a very good show, I would.
It has no over-reaching arc that will die after cancellation.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
cheesesteak
Meh.

Aw, man. I liked this show. It'll probably be replaced by a Five Points, NY era reality show.

Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #6
philw1776

I liked the show and the characters too but not enough such that I still have 6 episodes unwatched on my TiVo.
Should I just delete or is the watching worth it?
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #7
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
This is one that for me, I liked it well enough, but I record/watch so much other stuff as well that I didn't do a very good job keeping current. I, too, had six to eight eps on my DVR and wasn't sure if there may have been some that fell victim to space needed. I wound up deleting them unwatched.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:39 AM   #8
tiassa
Me --Avatar

It is (was) a good show. The last episode is a fitting conclusion, as it explores the connection between Corcoran, Freeman and Morehouse. It didn't end with a huge cliffhanger, just enough "hooks" for a 3rd season (which now won't happen)
tiassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #9
eddyj

I have most of the second season recorded but unwatched. I'll probably keep it and watch it sometime later.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
eddyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #10
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

i wonder if that's why there were 13 eps this season? there were 10 last season, and i looked it up thinking it was running longer this year.

oh well, it was a good run. on to ripper street...

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:39 PM   #11
cheesesteak
Meh.

The overall concept of the final episode didn't make much sense to me but at least there was no huge cliffhanger. This was a good series. I'll miss it.

Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #12
mr.unnatural

I never watched it, but I was giving it some thought. If it's along the same lines as "Ripper Street" I'll pass. Not the greatest acting or storylines, IMHO.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #13
Gerryex

Series Finale **SPOILERS**

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
The overall concept of the final episode didn't make much sense to me but at least there was no huge cliffhanger. This was a good series. I'll miss it.
There sure were some cliffhangers. But first off the majority of the finale I thought was pretty dumb. The three of them go after Booth as if they are the only ones who can do it. As it turns out an Army detachment got and killed Booth, so our heros' trip was wasted.

But here are the cliffhangers. The guy who was the boss over "General" Donovan (I forget his name in the show but I think he was played bye Daniel Baldwin but IMDb cannot confirm this) makes a threat to Morehouse Sr to produce Donovan's papers or there will be a "war." Later on Morehouse Sr offers to sell the papers to this guy for an agreed upon price. At the end of the episode when Corky returns and goes to the Paradise he finds it locked and breaks in the door. Here he finds a man and a woman dead and stuffed into barrels with blood leaking out of the barrels. (WHO ARE THEY? I think its the lady that took over when Eva was in jail and the bartender. Is that right?) Then he goes looking for Eva and cannot find her. We also see the guy who bought Donovan's papers with a bunch of other "proper" gentlemen waiting for Corky and lamenting that Corky doesn't take things seriously.

I got the feeling that the producers weren't quite sure they were being renewed or not so they closed up some story lines but still left some cliffhangers just in case they were renewed.

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote