Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #61
TheDewAddict
No Mercy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
The reason Rupert's Laura was voted out was because she was the obvious weakest looking player on her tribe. I don't think it had anything to do with Rupert.

Now, why the vets voted out Candice instead of Tina, I'll never understand. They should know you don't get rid of physically strong players to start.
Candace getting voted out probably had to do with pre-game alliances. She was a last minute replacement for another former player, and therefore probably hadn't made any alliances. As much as they're not supposed to, a lot of former players keep in contact with each other, and when a returning-players season comes up, they make alliances before the game even starts.
TheDewAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #62
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDewAddict View Post
Candace getting voted out probably had to do with pre-game alliances. She was a last minute replacement for another former player, and therefore probably hadn't made any alliances. As much as they're not supposed to, a lot of former players keep in contact with each other, and when a returning-players season comes up, they make alliances before the game even starts.
Funny you mention that because I JUST read this on Dalton's recap

Quote:
Then it comes time for the returnees to vote. It is a split decision between Candice and the other Laura, with Aras becoming my instant hero by voting for Gervase and his Philadelphia Eagles shirt and explaining, “I’m a Washington Redskins fan.” I don’t necessarily think that is true, because if so, I’m sure Aras and I would have had numerous conversations about my beloved football team, but I do know this: That vote was camouflage. None of them will admit it, but my take from my pre-game interviews is that Aras, Gervase and Tina struck an alliance before they ever left the United States. Unfortunately, this is commonplace on seasons with returning players. RC — who was sent home from location with her dad just two days before filming began due to his medical condition — had pre-game alliances as well and even tweeted to me about it.

pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #63
pmyers

Dang...I would have loved to see RC again!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #64
late for dinner
Past Expiration Date

RC RC RC not getting it
Old 09-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #65
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
Funny you mention that because I JUST read this on Dalton's recap
I was thinking the same thing when there was a consensus on the votes without actually "knowing" anyone. I was positive that the more well known Survivors have probably gotten together at various functions and know each other. I think that Jeff should make them come clean about it, but he won't. It's another reason I'm not enamored with returning survivors.

I also think Jeff has a relationship outside the house with the football player and his wife. Jeff has a habit of calling people he knows by their last names. As soon as he called the football player by his last name, I figured they were friends.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #66
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by late for dinner View Post
RC RC RC not getting it
Who's RC? Only thing I can think of is RC Cola
Old 09-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #67
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Who's RC? Only thing I can think of is RC Cola
maybe this rc:

Survivor: Philippines - Meet RC
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #68
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
maybe this rc:

Survivor: Philippines - Meet RC
You need to upgrade your Flash Player
Oh yes, I remember now (fondly)
Old 09-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #69
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
One of the puzzlers should have gone. Most likely Tina's daughter who was bragging about how great she is at puzzles (sorry markz ).

What? No-o-o-o-o!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #70
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Yeah, I was hoping they weren't going to vote off Tina's daughter. Her rack is pretty much the only good thing about the family member tribe.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #71
Hcour

It's the new and improved Colton! That other guy, from the previous season, was wearing a "mask". Ohhh. I see now.

The guy is such a fake and a brat. He can't just be part of the team, he has to make himself the star. First time by being a complete asshat, then he found out the fans didn't love to hate him, they just plain hated him. So he tries going in the opposite direction - I'm misunderstood, poor pitiful me - whatever he was babbling about during that appalling crying jag (I ff'd thru most of it). Then, first time he's under a little stress in the challenge, he threatens his teammate.

I thought to myself, yep, there's the real Colton.
Hcour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #72
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I also think Jeff has a relationship outside the house with the football player and his wife. Jeff has a habit of calling people he knows by their last names. As soon as he called the football player by his last name, I figured they were friends.
Jeff claims he just instinctively called him by his last name since that's what everybody called him in the NFL. They do have just their last names on their jerseys.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #73
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

We need to either a) get far more coverage of Redemption Island, or b) get Candace back into her tribe, because she's got a rockin' body.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #74
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
Jeff claims he just instinctively called him by his last name since that's what everybody called him in the NFL. They do have just their last names on their jerseys.
and I'm sure Jeff was around the NFL? Most players are refered to by first and last name by announcers.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:33 PM   #75
reneg

I didn't expect the vote at the beginning. While the voting was going on, I thought that the voted off players would go to the other tribe. Would have been interesting to see if a pair could survive one than one week without getting broken up. Disappointed that redemption island is back.
reneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #76
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

The season Aras won was dominated by the Air Force pilot, Terry, who had an amazing immunity challenge run only to lose the final (extraordinarily lame floating/balancing) immunity challenge.

It's funny seeing people get bent out of shape by football guy not including whatshisgay as one of the guys, when he's clearly not one of the guys. But, if he doesn't go with the girls, he is a vote they can string along.

Last edited by Fool Me Twice : 09-20-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #77
stellie93

Having seen Colton play, I would not go into the game wanting his partner in my alliance. He does seem like a good guy though, so maybe they will change their minds if he proves to not be psychotic.

Last edited by stellie93 : 09-20-2013 at 08:29 PM.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #78
laria
Librocubicularist

All the guys remember the female players and their racks.

Well, I for one CERTAINLY remember Aras.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #79
vman

I an't believe no one has mentioned Culpepper's counting scene about 4 of 9 and 5 of 9. It was hysterical!
Old 09-21-2013, 12:02 AM   #80
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
and I'm sure Jeff was around the NFL? Most players are refered to by first and last name by announcers.
Not to mention there was also a Dante Culpepper in the NFL, who was also a QB. (Yeah, I know Dante is black)
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #81
VegasVic
Craps Player

I find Rupert as annoying as Colton. Can't stand either one.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #82
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
I was hoping at the beginning they would have split returners and loved ones and had each group pick from a bag of 5 x colored rocks and 5 y colored rocks and mix the teams up that way.

I think it would be interesting to see a season of one team made up of players who were removed early due to injury (though none of the ones who fit that description who had already been brought back in prior seasons) or runners up (who hadn't already been brought back) versus a team made up of Naked and Afraid contestants.

I thought Marissa had a rocking bod as well, and pretty much knew as soon as the loved ones lost (even without Uncle Idiot's antics) that she was gone because of the eye candy factor. I HATE that it seems like the best looking women are always the first to go. I would have liked to see more of her personality beyond the reality that her uncle just screwed her out of the game.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #83
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool Me Twice View Post
It's funny seeing people get bent out of shape by football guy not including whatshisgay as one of the guys, when he's clearly not one of the guys. But, if he doesn't go with the girls, he is a vote they can string along.
How is he not a guy?
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #84
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
How is he not a guy?
I interpreted that as he's not really part of the bromance that the other 4 guys had going on (we saw them on camera together a lot more than with Caleb), not that he's literally "not a guy". And he even said in his one-on-one that he wasn't really that into the guy alliance.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #85
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
I interpreted that as he's not really part of the bromance that the other 4 guys had going on (we saw them on camera together a lot more than with Caleb), not that he's literally "not a guy". And he even said in his one-on-one that he wasn't really that into the guy alliance.
have you considered it's because they kept him at arms length because he was gay? if they hadn't known up front, they'd probably have welcomed him into their alliance. you know how some straight guys are - they can't be seen hangin' out with the gays, someone might get the "wrong impression".

i suspect the reason caleb said he wasn't really into the alliance was because he had already sensed the others apprehension, and knew he'd be the expendable member.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #86
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
have you considered it's because they kept him at arms length because he was gay? if they hadn't known up front, they'd probably have welcomed him into their alliance. you know how some straight guys are - they can't be seen hangin' out with the gays, someone might get the "wrong impression".

i suspect the reason caleb said he wasn't really into the alliance was because he had already sensed the others apprehension, and knew he'd be the expendable member.
Of course I have... I was posting how I interpreted the Fool Me Twice's post that he's "not a guy", not how the on-screen alliance was developing.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #87
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
Not to mention there was also a Dante Culpepper in the NFL, who was also a QB. (Yeah, I know Dante is black)
Brad was a defensive lineman not a QB.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #88
stellie93

I was confusing Brad Johnson--who I think was a white QB at Minn. with Dante Culpepper, who was black. This guy is neither one of them (obviously)--a defensive player who also was at Minn.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #89
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I was confusing Brad Johnson--who I think was a white QB at Minn. with Dante Culpepper, who was black. This guy is neither one of them (obviously)--a defensive player who also was at Minn.
He started his career in Minnesota played 2 years there then played for Tampa Bay for 6 years and finished with 1 in Chicago.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:01 PM   #90
gweempose

Culpepper's "four guys and a gay guy" comment was indefensible. I am now rooting against him big time.

I predict that Hayden is going to go far in the game. Based on what I remember about him from BB, he's very likable, and good at physical challenges. Survivor is a different game, though, so I guess we'll see.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote