TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old Today, 12:57 AM   #1
kenjidm

New TWC Channel Guide not updating on TIVO

Sorry if this has been repeated. I have Time Warner Cable in Los Angeles, Ca. Recently TWC has changed their channel line ups and noticed that my Tivo guide is still not recognizing the new channels. Example is channel 162 now should be Food Network but it still shows the old channel name, but yes, it does show the Food Network.

I tried restarting my Tivo, restarting Tuner Adapter, and called TWC to ping/flash my cable card. Nothing still works.

I have a Tivo Premier..
kenjidm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:05 AM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Tivo does not get the guide data from the cable company, like TWC. Its guide comes from Tribune Media, which feeds a site, zap2it.com. You can see the guide there.

You may to re-run guided setup and choose the digital version, if its not done yet. There may be several versions available, such as analog, digital or both.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:13 AM   #3
JoeKustra
Cable only

What was posted is true. If that doesn't work you can try:
http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/.../386/kw/lineup
There's a form to submit. TiVo's response is usually pretty fast.

The Zap2It.com guide is about 99% accurate. Due to some TiVo "rules", the onscreen guide is about 90% accurate.
JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:54 AM   #4
randywalters
AVS Old Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjidm View Post
Sorry if this has been repeated. I have Time Warner Cable in Los Angeles, Ca. Recently TWC has changed their channel line ups and noticed that my Tivo guide is still not recognizing the new channels. Example is channel 162 now should be Food Network but it still shows the old channel name, but yes, it does show the Food Network.

I tried restarting my Tivo, restarting Tuner Adapter, and called TWC to ping/flash my cable card. Nothing still works. I have a Tivo Premier..
Did you re-run Guided Setup?? You didn't say that you re-ran Guided Setup after the lineup changed and it sounds like you have not done so. You have to run Guided Setup to load the new digital rebuild channel lineup - Tivo doesn't do it automatically. And you'll need to have your New Channel Lineup chart that you got in the mail handy so you can compare the channels in the 100 and higher range while re-running Guided Setup.

Los Angeles has several different lineups depending on your zip code so see this related post about how to ensure you're selecting your specific town's new digital rebuild lineup using the "I Don't Know" trick:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...0#post10273850

I'm on a small TWC network just south of LA (zip 90245) and i was presented with TEN different possible lineups from surrounding LA areas that had nothing to do with my zip code, but using the "I Don't Know" trick cut through the confusion and found my specific lineup.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Premiere 2TB, Series3 OLED w/500GB, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Panasonic TC-P55ST60, URC R40 Remote, Onkyo TX-SR333 AVR

Last edited by randywalters : Today at 09:14 AM.
randywalters is offline   Reply With Quote