TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 04-19-2014, 07:21 AM   #1
timstack8969

Sound Delay

I use a Sound bar with "Dolby Digital" with Tivo Premiere. When I change channels there a Noticeable delay when "Sound/Volume" comes thru. A little annoying. but can live with. Just wanted to know do other people notice this?
timstack8969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:04 AM   #2
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

no, not with my pxl. what type of cable connects tivo to your sound bar, or does it connect to the tv and then the sound bar? have you tried switching your tivo audio to pcm to see if the audio drop is still there?

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:06 AM   #3
timstack8969

I have the Optical cable from Sound bar to TV. When I do try PCM I don't get Surround sound.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:44 PM   #4
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by timstack8969 View Post
I have the Optical cable from Sound bar to TV. When I do try PCM I don't get Surround sound.
is the delay still present using pcm? have you tried running the optical cable directly from tivo to the sound bar?

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:27 PM   #5
timstack8969

All I'm saying is when you select "Dolby" audio with Tivo and change channels there is delay with sound coming through Sound Bar. Is this normal?
Old 04-20-2014, 07:22 PM   #6
steve614
what ru lookin at?

There is a small delay for me when I change channels, or switch to live TV from the menus (Tivo outputs PCM when using the menus).
Only difference, I have a TivoHD and run the optical cable from Tivo to receiver first instead of the TV.
And when I say small delay, I mean a second or less. I think this is normal. I think it is basically the Tivo syncing the Dolby signal to the video before it gets output. If the delay were any longer than that, I might start questioning.

Unless... you're talking delay as in: you hear an echo when the program is playing?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote