Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-16-2014, 07:16 AM   #91
MikeMar
Go Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggie Bear View Post
Any thoughts on a potential correlation between preference for "The Shield" or "The Wire" with geographic location of the viewer? The cities in which the shows take place are, from what I gather, important characters in their own right.
Great question! I think it plays into it in SOME degree, but not enough to sway a preference for one over the other. I grew up in MA (but in the Burbs) but I will say I can see relating more to a typical East Coast city vs Cali due to that. To a lesser degree but similar, Sons of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJL View Post
I think, and this might be a good warning for those intending to watch The Wire, the hyperbole I read about The Wire prior to watching might have hurt my impression. I really enjoyed it but not as much as I expected to enjoy it.
What's funny, I heard all the "Wire is the best show EVER" a LOT before watching it, and it still topped it. I then told my Wife I thought it was the best show ever and really built it up. Then we watched it together and she said the same thing!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MikeMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #92
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supfreak26 View Post
Just finished season 3 of The Wire. Great show!
The fourth season of The Wire is the greatest tv show season in the history of tv.

The Wire is the only tv show I've watched where the characters act and behave like real people. The situations are real. While I love them, I had to buy into the universes of The Shield, Breaking Bad, The Sopranos in order to believe them. They're great works of fiction but they seem like fiction. The Wire feels like real life.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts

Last edited by cheesesteak : 02-16-2014 at 08:25 AM.
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote