TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-21-2015, 11:04 PM   #1
bgc

Base Roamio stuck on One Moment screen during guided setup

I hooked up a new unactivated base roamio to see if it worked and ran through guided setup. It connected to Tivo two or three times during this process without issue. At the end it said there was a service update that may take an hour to install.

I let it sit for at least 3 hours and it never went past the One Moment screen, so I unplugged it. The next day I tried again and it booted up and then went to the One Moment screen, where it sat for over four hours so I gave up.

Is there some Remote Control trick or something to get this to retry the update or start guided setup again?

If there isn't a shortcut to fixing this, my plan is as follows:

Yank the drive, connect to pc and run manufacturers diagnostic on it and use the wipe function to clear the drive.

Reinstall the drive and it should act like a drive upgrade right? In fact I may try to upgrade the drive anyway since I'd have to open it up.

Thanks,
BGC

bgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:27 PM   #2
tootal2

Just have tivo replace it

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

tootal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:01 PM   #3
bgc

I bought it about 6 months ago, because of rumors of Cox going all digital in my area and because of the great coupon deal I got at Amazon.

If I have to wipe the drive and go through guided setup again, any suggestions on how to prevent the service update from hanging?

BGC

Last edited by bgc; 10-22-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:44 PM   #4
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgc View Post
I bought it about 6 months ago, because of rumors of Cox going all digital in my area and because of the great coupon deal I got at Amazon.

If I have to wipe the drive and go through guided setup again, any suggestions on how to prevent the service update from hanging?

BGC
It (now) must be activated. Would you like the link, or would you rather search for "one moment"?

Ok, I'm bored: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=532041

JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:47 PM   #5
bgc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
It (now) must be activated. Would you like the link, or would you rather search for "one moment"?

Ok, I'm bored: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=532041
I did search, but must have made a typing error because I got no results. Thank you for the link, and the sarcasm.

Last edited by bgc; 10-24-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Thanks For This Post:
Old 10-24-2015, 10:37 AM   #6
FitzAusTex

Last Saturday I attempted to test a brand new unactivated basic roamio that I bought at Best Buy to make sure it worked. Did not plan on activating it, just wanted it as a backup since basic Roamio no longer being sold. Just like bgc, mine went through the process, downloaded an update or two, then got stuck on One Moment screen. Finally called Tivo and knowledgeable agent told me there is a problem for a few weeks on Tivo's end, and only way to get through process is to activate. Wasn't happy since I didn't intend to activate now, but did it anyway, and sure enough unplugged waited 30 minutes like he suggested, and was up and running. So I have to call back within 30 days to cancel and get $14.99 refund. Oh well...

FitzAusTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 10:08 PM   #7
bgc

It seems that if it was going to complain about the activation it would have done so during the guided setup and not waited until it was trying to install the update. I think some of the others that had this problem had already activated and it still happened.

Maybe they changed the service update in some way that makes it possible to continue with activation, who knows. Glad you got yours working.

BGC