4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
Oh, it still could.
Walt: "I am SO sorry. I love you!"
Skyler: "I love you too, Walt!"
Jesse: "Store bought green beans, bitch! Thanks, Mr. White!"

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #212
smak
TV MA SLV

One picture equals 1,000 kudos.

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #213
jamesl

Quote:
Ugh, that rolling a heavy barrel in the middle of the desert and finding a house thing still bugs me.

Then again, don't knock it until you've tried it.
well there were those 2 kids in episode ?2? that were playing ball in the middle of the desert and found the gas mask

so that area doesn't seem so desolate as they sometimes make it out to be
jamesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #214
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak View Post

One picture equals 1,000 kudos.

-smak-
Meh.. everyone's going bonkers over these two scenes. Sure, it was intentional.. but I just don't see what all the hoppla is all about. So they shot two difference scenes from the exact same angle with the knives, and in the second scene, she choose a knife instead of the phone. OMG, THAT'S SO FREAKING BRILLIANT!!!

Try my new
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #215
ElJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
OMG, THAT'S SO FREAKING BRILLIANT!!!
OMG the house has ceilings, it's like Citizen Kane!
ElJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #216
stellie93

Quote:
Also, up until this episode I really was rooting for Walt. Not anymore. He's just so total and completely evil with telling Jesse about Jane and letting the AB take him to beat the crap out of him and then kill him just like that. So cold and purely evil. Just moments after he's pleading for Hank's life.
Yeah, I felt this way too--ready to give up on Walt. But then the RAGE explanation came up and I'm ready to forgive him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitbyBlit View Post
It will be interesting to see what happens to Saul in the next episode. Hank and Gomez taking Huell is going to put the DEA's focus on him even if Huell and Skylar don't talk. So I wonder if Saul is also going to go into hiding.
I forgot all about Huell--someone was left there to guard him, right? Did that person know anything?

I don't believe in 8 pages no one has mentioned my favorite quote--too lazy to look it up--when Hank looks at Walt and says, "You're the most intelligent man I know, and you don't know that he made up his mind 10 minutes ago?"
Then you know that Hank's done for. Also stupid to tell them about the money--you're not in charge anymore, Heisenberg.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #217
smak
TV MA SLV

Shouldn't Walt have kept some of the money someplace else, for easy access.

Even if he's retired, some quick cash to take care of some sticky situations.

How was he going to pay the AB to kill Pinkman anyway?

-smak-
Old 09-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #218
MacThor
Not Pictured

Quote:

Even if he's retired, some quick cash to take care of some sticky situations.

-smak-
They didn't want his money for Pinkman. They wanted him to cook with Todd.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #219
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:

Even if he's retired, some quick cash to take care of some sticky situations...
Who says he didn't?
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #220
jamesl

Quote:

-smak-
he agreed to do one cooking session so Todd could learn to up the %
Old 09-16-2013, 06:34 PM   #221
EvilMidniteBombr
what bomz at midnite

This may be my favorite episode of the series. It may also be my least favorite.

Surprised that Hank was killed. I figured he'd manage a way out of it or Walt would have stopped them.

I was actually wanting Walt to find a way to get away. Until he told them where Jesse was and gave him the big F.U. by telling him he let Jane die.

Who is Flynn?

9/11/01... Never Forget.
EvilMidniteBombr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #222
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMidniteBombr View Post
Who is Flynn?
Walt Jr.

Amusing that in the past, people resisted calling him Flynn. But now, nobody's resisting any more.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #223
jkeegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Walt Jr.

Amusing that in the past, people resisted calling him Flynn. But now, nobody's resisting any more.
I kept expecting him to say "I'm Walt Jr, not Flynn!" when they first told him.

seven syllables
(
)
they explain it all
jkeegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #224
kaszeta
Fjohürs Lykkewe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post

I forgot all about Huell--someone was left there to guard him, right? Did that person know anything?
Probably not, since they warned Huell not to talk to that guy..
kaszeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #225
smak
TV MA SLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Who says he didn't?
The fact that he offered them 80 million to not kill Hank, instead of some much lesser stash in the city.

I don't know, it seems like he's jumping in and out of total Heisenberg badass mode, and regular guy Walter White mode.

The guy who made that call to Skyler/FBI doesn't seem like the same guy that would offer up everything he's earned over the past few years just like that.

-smak-
Old 09-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #226
skumclown

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
My comment is nothing about the show at all, but pretty darn good first post for someone who's been a member for nearly seven years! Welcome (if that's the appropriate salutation)!
Thank You! (troll hits 2)

I still fully believe that what we heard at the beginning of the episode was the entire shootout, it just seemed longer when we were seeing everyone's perspective.

The phone call was brilliant, as was the subtle placement of the picture that was obvious "motivation" for Jesse to cook.

It was this episode that finally spurred me to post an opinion, although I only rarely read the forums. I may have to stick around for a while!!
skumclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #227
jamesl

got this from another forum

Quote:
Jack's crew letting Walt go was a fatal mistake. The same mistake was made by Gus when he let Walt live after taking him to the desert with a bag over his head. The same mistake was made by Don Eladio when he let Gus live after killing Max. Even further back, the same mistake was made by Mike when he was a cop and let the wife beater live, who eventually returned to kill the wife. "No more Half-Measures" as Mike said.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #228
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Meh.. everyone's going bonkers over these two scenes. Sure, it was intentional.. but I just don't see what all the hoppla is all about. So they shot two difference scenes from the exact same angle with the knives, and in the second scene, she choose a knife instead of the phone. OMG, THAT'S SO FREAKING BRILLIANT!!!
They just left the camera - it was laziness more than anything.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #229
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeegan View Post
I kept expecting him to say "I'm Walt Jr, not Flynn!" when they first told him.
I thought it was Walt Jr. who decided he was Flynn.
2 Series 2 DT 500GB
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA
MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #230
jkeegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
I thought it was Walt Jr. who decided he was Flynn.
Yeah but I think he came up with that when he was mad at his Dad. Can't remember.

seven syllables
(
)
they explain it all
Old 09-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #231
jkeegan

A coworker brought up the fact that the picture puts Jesse in a similar situation to Walt at the beginning of the series: he had to cook for the woman and kid that he cared about.

seven syllables
(
)
they explain it all
Old 09-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #232
JohnB1000

Has anyone mentioned that Walt left his car in the desert, somewhat near the crime scene. Important for the future ? I guess not since he already owned up.

At this point I was about to write that I think the prequel has him coming back for Jesse but then I remembered the hatred.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #233
BitbyBlit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsnelson View Post
Marie wasn't giving her a choice. If Skylar didn't tell Flynn, she (Marie) was going to do it. Now, in retrospect, that may have been better, because Flynn might well have been less likely to accept Marie's news, as surely even he knows that she blows things out of proportion etc. Skylar could have just sat there and said "I have no idea what she's talking about".
The problem, though, is that if Marie was right about Walt being in custody, Flynn would find out the truth anyway, and on top of that know that his mother had blatantly lied to him. So Skylar had to decide if she was willing to take that chance, and she decided that Marie sounded believable enough that it wasn't worth lying about it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
I still wouldn't call that action "breaking bad". Yes, he lied, but that's FAR from "breaking bad"...
It's certainly not a "Walt let Jane die" turning point level of "breaking bad". But from a "lost his innocence" perspective, I think it was.

The phone call wasn't Walt Jr. freaking out and saying, "Oh God! Oh God! My dad was trying to get us to leave! And then he got into a fight with my mom! And there was a knife! And I think he killed my uncle! Help! Please!" It was a much more calculated call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolDC View Post
Walt had driven that road at least a few times in the past and he seemed to head in a particular direction so I go with that he knew there was a house.
When he showed up, he had money in his jacket so he wouldn't have to open the barrel and expose the fact that it was full of even more money. So I'm fairly certain he knew or strongly suspected that there was a house out there, and prepared himself accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I don't think so, but hopefully the guard hears aboud Hank and Gomez's deaths, and then checks in with the office. Otherwise, the last scene of Breaking Bad might be Huell sitting in the room yelling, "Hello? Hello? Is anybody out there? Is it safe? Can I leave now?"

Last edited by BitbyBlit : 09-17-2013 at 12:49 AM.
BitbyBlit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:09 AM   #234
MacThor
Not Pictured

Just rewatched. Marie couldn't hear the phone call. She saw Skylar's face after she asked about Hank, and Walt said "you're never going to see Hank again." Marie didn't hear Walt but Skylar's reaction was all she needed.

I half expected that house in the desert to be the same house the cousins changed clothes in when they first came into the US (and left their fancy car - that would have been something!).
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:00 AM   #235
Cearbhaill
I was provoked

Quote:
Ugh, that rolling a heavy barrel in the middle of the desert and finding a house thing still bugs me.

I think that was a Sisyphus reference- a punishment for chronic deceitfulness and all.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #236
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
I don't think the AB is smart enough to launder $70mil without getting caught somehow. Perhaps Lydia has a system for that overseas that we don't know about.
Wasn't it already laundered through the car wash? Should be clean now!

Quote:

Quote:
If it was your $11million, would you leave it in the car? Perhaps Walt saw the house way off in the distance, and just headed that way.
At the shootout scene, there are places to climb up and look around. Maybe he could see a road, or a house, or chimney smoke in the distance. Or like someone else said up-thread, he has been there a few times. Maybe he was familiar with the surroundings.

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:23 AM   #237
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitbyBlit View Post
It's certainly not a "Walt let Jane die" turning point level of "breaking bad". But from a "lost his innocence" perspective, I think it was.
Jeeze, you make it sound like it was the first time Walt Jr told a little, rather insignificant lie. He's a teenager, I'm sure he's "lied" plenty. That is not "breaking bad".

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
Wasn't it already laundered through the car wash? Should be clean now!
If it were all laundered, the cash would actually be gone. That's the point of laundering money, to get cash into the "system" a little bit at a time so you can get it into a bank account, report it on your tax return, pay tax on it, and then spend it. There's absolutely no way they could have laundered $80million through the car wash in a year. see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laundering_money#Methods

Speaking of the money, it occurred to me that Skyler is a smart cookie. And she knows that Walt's lifestyle is unstable. Assuming she lives through the next two episodes, I would not be surprised if she kept another smaller stash of cash just for herself, just in case Walt, and the cash disappeared.

Try my new
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #238
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Speaking of the money, it occurred to me that Skyler is a smart cookie. And she knows that Walt's lifestyle is unstable. Assuming she lives through the next two episodes, I would not be surprised if she kept another smaller stash of cash just for herself, just in case Walt, and the cash disappeared.
Heh. I like that. Walt dies, thinking that everything is lost, but in actuality and unbeknownst to him he actually did succeed in providing for his family but it was thanks to Skyler's actions, not his own.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #239
markz
Hilarity Ensues

Quote:
If it were all laundered, the cash would actually be gone. That's the point of laundering money, to get cash into the "system" a little bit at a time so you can get it into a bank account, report it on your tax return, pay tax on it, and then spend it. There's absolutely no way they could have laundered $80million through the car wash in a year. see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laundering_money#Methods
Shows what I know about being a criminal mastermind!

Oh, quick thought for you... I hope they stamped all those bills for Where's George!

I could see the note now: "I found this bill and many barrels of other bills buried in the desert!"

markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #240
danterner
Not it!

With more than 12k votes and counting, Ozymandias is holding into a 10.0/10 score on IMDB at the moment. Wow. It deserves it, I'd say.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2301451/?ref_=tt_ep_pr

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote