TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-14-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
Bento26

Premiere TiVo Held Hostage by Comcast

For the last three years I have used a Premiere TiVo with Comcast without problems. When I go away I turn in the cable card so I won't have to pay for cable service while I'm away. What I didn't know is that Comcast un-pairs the Host ID of my TiVo from Comcast when the card is turned in. This has not been a problem for two years. Earlier this week I picked up a cable card and called Comcast to activate my service with my TiVo. They could activate the cable card, but not pair my TiVo's Host ID with Comcast. They admitted that this is Comcast's "glitch" with a program that un-pairs TiVos from Comcast.
I still cannot use my TiVo or get cable TV. There has been a "ticket" issued for the problem but no one can tell me if Comcast is pairing my TiVo (They have been known to "lose" tickets). Part of the problem is that the Activation Department for Comcast is in the Philippines and they cannot talk directly to the department in California responsible for fixing the programming problem.
Is there a person at TiVo in a fairly high position who can work with Comcast on this problem? I have tried all possible avenues at Comcast.
Bento26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
SNJpage1

Send an email explaining the problem to the following address and they will help you. They are higher up the ladder in Comcast.

We_can_help@comcast.com
Old 09-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
mdscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNJpage1 View Post
Send an email explaining the problem to the following address and they will help you. They are higher up the ladder in Comcast.

We_can_help@comcast.com
Include the ticket #, if you have it.

michael
Old 09-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
SNJpage1

I send them an email when I was having a problem with losing channels on my TivoHD. There was no way to prove if it was the Tivo with out sending it back for repairs. The person at the email address arranged for the right tech to come out and followed up on everything. Eventually we gave up since I didn't want to send the TivoHD back and pay for the exchange since I had a Comcast DVR sitting right next to the TivoHD and that didn't have a problem with the channels, What I really liked about the person handling the problem is that she said that because I was very understanding and never raised my vioice on the phone or got nasty, she was arranging for me to get a $50 a month discount on my monthly bill for a full year. I thought that was really nice of her to do. Eventually the problem fixed itself and I now have the channels back.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #5
Bento26

Thank you, mdscott and SNJpage1. I emailed the details and ticket # to the email link this morning and got a reply this evening that the person would try to resolve the problem - "I will review this with our area partners to have this resolved as soon as possible." I'll update the progress on my TiVo activation when it's resolved.
Bento26 is offline   Reply With Quote