TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-15-2013, 01:42 AM   #1
Tab Bouc

Control of the new Roamio over TCP/IP

So, I've just converted one of my two TiVo HD XLs to a TiVo Roamio Pro. At first glance, it's a great device. Here is my problem. With the XDs (series 3), you could could control all of their basic features over IP and even get some analog feedback.

This worked really well as I have these wired into a home A/V distribution system & have a single control interface gui for the entire system (several video sources, several audio sources.)

To my dismay, it appears that TiVo has either changed this feature, or removed it from the new Roamio device. I would think this highly unlikely as there are several other applications that access it externally.

Does anyone know of any outfacing API that is in use for the new Roamio series? Have they done something with RESTful webservices or the like?

Thanks.
Tab Bouc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:31 AM   #2
PHeadland

Remote control over the network still works in Roamio. You have to enable it somewhere in the Settings menus.
PHeadland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
takeagabu

I haven't double checked, but I think it's here:

Settings & Messages > Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > Network remote control
takeagabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #4
wmcbrine
Resistance Useless

And, you had to do this on the Series 3, too. It's probably just been so long that you forgot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wmcbrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
Tab Bouc

I can't thank you guys enough for the quick responses. You were all spot on. Up & running now.

Thanks a ton.
Tab Bouc is offline   Reply With Quote