TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-06-2014, 11:56 PM   #1
dkk17622

Picture Freezes on Playback on Roamio - Any Solutions???

Recently I noticed that when playing back a program, the picture freezes for a few seconds and then resumes playback normally. While it is frozen, the Tivo does not seem to respond to the remote. Once playback resumes and I skip back to the place where the freeze occurred, the playback passes right through. This is a new behavior, which occurs once or twice during a program playback. I am wondering if anyone else if also having this problem.

Last edited by dkk17622 : 12-08-2014 at 10:58 AM.
dkk17622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:09 AM   #2
tryx911

Mine has been doing the same thing. I came on here to see if anyone else was having this problem and your comment is the 1st one. It just started for me doing this since the latest firmware update so like 2 weeks now. Not all the time and not just certain shows but when a show is doing it then it seems to do it throughout the whole show. Rebooting the Roamio doesn't seem to make any difference. And same as you, rewinding back to the same spot it glitched it will play though fine in that spot just to have it happen in a different spot so it's not the recording.
tryx911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #3
dkk17622

I am glad to know that at least someone else is having the same symptoms. I also noticed that the problem can occur after I 30 second skip commercials.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #4
dkk17622

Another playback issue I am experiencing is than when I start a new playback, the screen goes completely black for a few seconds before the playback actually starts. I can't be sure but I think this problem was occurring before the freezing picture problem.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:21 AM   #5
dkk17622

I contacted Tivo technical service and they indicated that the recent software release has had some problems of which my issue may be one of. She also recommended that I unplug the unit and power cycle it and re-seat the cables. Although I'm dubious about this ever solving any problem, I will do this and see if it helps.