TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
tazzmission

Does Roamio support dynamic tuner allocation today?

I can't find an answer on this. Does the Roamio support dynamic tuner allocation out of the box today or is this coming in the fall update?

I have a Roamio Pro and 1 mini. The mini has taken 1 of the 6 tuners in my Roamio so I assume this feature is not yet available.

I have 2 more mini's to set up and wanted to know the answer before I did hook them up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
tazzmission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
Smirks
.:. Hello .:.

DTA works in Roamio out of the box.
Smirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
tazzmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirks View Post
DTA works in Roamio out of the box.
Hmm, how come when I hit the info button on the Roamio remote and look at tuners only 5 show? I assumed that meant the Mini that was not watching live tv at the time had the tuner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
tazzmission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #4
Smirks
.:. Hello .:.

Maybe you have your Roamio limited to 5 tuners?

Or maybe your reading the info wrong (which I do all the time)? On mine I see the program I'm currently watching in the big blue bar, then 4 circles, dots or whatever underneath for the 4 other tuners. I have my Roamio limited to 5 tuners due to cablecard issues, which is why I only see 5.

Also, when configuring my Mini I didn't see a screen saying it would permanently take 1 tuner from the Roamio, much like the instructions seem to indicate exists when pairing with a Premiere.
Smirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
Alan_r

When I looked at the info and saw the 5 tuners I assumed it was because I was watching one and it was showing me the other 5 since the program I was watching was not in the list of those 5

I dont think it would make sense to show all 6 in that section.
Alan_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
BigJimOutlaw

DTA is active, but I've noticed the Mini sometimes hang onto a tuner even after I was finished with live TV.

I don't know if this is a bug or if we haven't yet figured out the formula for the tuner's release, but when I turned the Mini's TV back on, hit the Tivo button again, and turned the TV back off it seemed to trigger the tuner release. (It was already on a menu so live tv wasn't active, but doing it again seemed to work.)

Last edited by BigJimOutlaw : 09-13-2013 at 06:45 PM.
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote