TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-13-2013, 04:04 AM   #1
samsgood

KMTTG Only Pulling Portions Of Show...

Every now and then (though it is happening more often lately), KMTTG will begin transferring a program and it will end and then do the decrypt and I find it only completed a portion of the show. Doesn't matter if it is 30min, an hour, or two hours. Sometimes it does the whole program, other times it will just pick a place to stop.

Anyone know what this could potentially be? I don't think it is some kind of issue with the recording because I have viewed the programs and there were no video issues with them.

And since we are NO longer able to record from a certain point with KMTTG, I can't even go to that part, pause it, and start transferring from there.

Any ideas?
samsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
christheman

Basically there is nothing you can do about it. It is a Tivo problem, and it seems they don't care about it (at least for the Premier, don't know about the Romeo).

I still use the analog cable in my area, no digital cable card yet. It happens every so often for me. My suspicion is that it is probably caused by more than one possible different source. Since I am using analog, my Tivo is creating the MPG file. Therefore in my instance there is a strong chance it is originating on my Tivo machine, although I haven't been able to prove or isolate it.

The updates to the TV guide don't cause it. I have documented several instances where a movie successfully recorded during an update.

Power line fluctuations "may" cause it, as inferior power supplies and shaky line voltage account for many electronics issues. So that is the first place I would look.

I have my Tivo on a dedicated UPS with Voltage Regulation.

The cable company also installed a signal amplifier in our house, near the point of entry. This was for other issues unrelated to this particular glitch issue. I also have that signal amp on a UPS and also a dedicated power line filter. That circuit is very noisy though, as it also powers our sump pump and the well pump outdoors and has massive voltage swings. I might just run an extension cord from a less noisy circuit, possibly even the UPS that the Tivo is on, for a common reference point to see if it temporarily solves the issue.

As it stands, most of the movies transfer just fine for me. There is just the occasional movie or two with some issues here or there.

P.S. In every single instance for me, if I take note of the exact time where the transfer failed on my computer, and then locate that exact spot on the Tivo, I will see a split second of both the audio and video stuttering. Therefore in my case the recording is NOT fine, although it is viewable on the Tivo..

Last edited by christheman : 09-13-2013 at 05:37 PM.
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote