TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:34 PM   #1
dwarner

Can Roamio record video podcasts?

On the series 3, I can set up season passes for video podcasts, This way, my favorite ones end up in Now Playing, and I can view them like any other show, and not have to go find them deep in the Web Video Hotlist.

Can the Roamio do this, or will I be limited to streaming these shows only? (Checked the manual, don't see an option for recording or getting season passes for these.)

Last edited by dwarner; 12-14-2014 at 07:51 PM.
dwarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #2
PCurry57
Liberal Hippie Chick

In a word yes. Though I have Premieres they run the same version. All about android, Google now, many others myself. They show up in their own folder in the more playing list. Managing them is done with the download manager not season pass.

----
TiVo Premiere {lifetime} WD1TB+w/slide remote(original)
TiVo Premiere {lifetime} WD1TB
TiVo Stream (happily streaming to Android)
PCurry57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:26 PM   #3
dwarner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCurry57 View Post
In a word yes. Though I have Premieres they run the same version. All about android, Google now, many others myself. They show up in their own folder in the more playing list. Managing them is done with the download manager not season pass.
Ok, so the download manager behaves like Season Pass then, so you end up with all the latest episodes on one place?

If that's the case, I'll probably upgrade..

The only real gripe I have is that the channel setup page still won't show you the live feed for the selected channel, like all TV's have done for the past 20 years.
At least, I don't have to do the full channel setup but once a year.
(I wish I could transfer these to the new Tivo, instead of spending 1-2 hours getting them configure don the new unit.)

dwarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 03:14 AM   #4
Arcady
Stargate Fan

Why would it take two hours to pick channels? Grab a list from your provider, mark the ones you want/get, then edit the number list in 10 minutes.

If you find you left a few unwanted junk channels in by mistake, you can kill them directly from the guide.

Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:12 AM   #5
sofakng

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but how do you add a custom video podcast (i.e. RSS feed) on the Roamio? I can't figure it out for the life of me.

sofakng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 03:31 AM   #6
dbaps

Podcasts

In my opinion, the worst feature on the Roamio is Podcast support. My Tivo-HD had a better interface. If you don't know what you are looking for it sucks. The search works fine. But the weak subject podcast menu is gone. None of my feature requests have ever been implemented. They need an interface that keeps podcast content current. It should have all of the search variables like everything else. Browse TV, Movies, and Podcasts...not just tv and movies. The find tv, movies, and videos works okay if you no what you are looking for to record. Wishlist searches is not there. PODCASTER is worse than a cable set top box option. Needs a lot of work. Don't even get me started on how well it considers the thumbs up and own for podcasts. It's there, but does it really use what you choose? I don't think so...Have you ever seen it record podcasts as "suggestions." COME ON TIVO!!!

Even paying a third party to use their integration would help and just have Tivo give up all together.

dbaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:05 PM   #7
SRAINESS

Have the same issue. Coming from an HD to a Roamio. 1st issue is that it wont let me 'transfer' Podcast season passes from the HD. With that said, on the HD you could actually 'Browse' a list of Podcasts, even by subject matter. So if I was looking for Tech podcasts, I would see all the revision 3, Cnet, Microsoft Podcasts in a list and I could select from there. Doesnt seem to be a way to do that on the Roamio, unless i'm missing it ????

SRAINESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:28 PM   #8
mattack

I *sort of* agree with you guys and sort of don't. Yes, I think it's bad that there is no directory anymore..

Yet the disagree part is this -- I think it's great that regular search DOES find podcasts.. IIRC, it didn't on the S3/TivoHD.. and in the same vein, the podcast season pass setup/usage is MUCH closer to the 'regular TV show' season pass UI, where previously it used to be much much weirder/different..

(Though the UI to download a BUNCH of episodes manually is TOO much like the 'view upcoming' UI, in that in BOTH cases it nowadays sucks [with the HD UI] to try to get multiple episodes/shows at once..)

mattack is offline   Reply With Quote