TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #1
markp99
TakoKichi

Roamio Plus - I'm In!

I broke down and picked up a new Plus unit today from Best Buy. I hold you all personally responsible for triggering the UMF on this new TiVo.

Install, Set-up & Pairing went as smoothly as possible, harvesting the M-Card from my XL4 unit. 6 tuners right out of the blocks.

Only delay is MRS functionality between the Plus and the XL4. TiVo reports "up-to" 72 hours before the media access key is released to the new unit. How odd; seems like should be instantaneous. I would have liked to move over my XL4 SPs and recordings this afternoon - but whatever.

UI looks and performs great! Lag was my only complaint from the S2s, S3 and XL4. Looks like a very nice improvement!
markp99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
moyekj

Just force some net connects to get MRS/MRV/TTG access quicker.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
jmpage2

The 72 hours is to give your XL4 time to phone home and learn about the new box. Forcing connections (and sometimes a reboot or name change) would typically resolve this in a lot less than 72 hrs.
jmpage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
markp99
TakoKichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Just force some net connects to get MRS/MRV/TTG access quicker.
Yep. 2 reboots, MRS/MRV working! thx
markp99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:58 AM   #5
tenthplanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99 View Post
I broke down and picked up a new Plus unit today from Best Buy. I hold you all personally responsible for triggering the UMF on this new TiVo.

Install, Set-up & Pairing went as smoothly as possible, harvesting the M-Card from my XL4 unit. 6 tuners right out of the blocks.

Only delay is MRS functionality between the Plus and the XL4. TiVo reports "up-to" 72 hours before the media access key is released to the new unit. How odd; seems like should be instantaneous. I would have liked to move over my XL4 SPs and recordings this afternoon - but whatever.

UI looks and performs great! Lag was my only complaint from the S2s, S3 and XL4. Looks like a very nice improvement!
Well I'm glad we can be a corruptive influence on you. Seriously, Enjoy you new unit.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:19 AM   #6
uw69

I am in the same boat as MarkP! I've have had most of the TiVo models, but skipped the series 4. Now that I have gone from my trusty series 3 to a Roamio I am blown away by the improvements. Ease of hard drive replacement is a great feature, having 6 tuners and not having to obsess over season pass priorities is wonderful. Consolidated season pass management sure beats going between multiple TiVo's. TiVo iPad app and built in streaming show spme real foreword thinking from TiVo.

My only concern is longevity of the unit, but I am very impressed with the new TiVo.
1 Roamio plus 470 hours
3 TiVo Mini's
uw69 is offline   Reply With Quote