TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
gweempose

Big Brother - 9/8/13

Well, the fact that nobody has started a thread about this episode yet speaks volumes. I'm guessing that like me, most of you couldn't care less at this point who wins the game. What an absolute dud of a season this has turned out to be.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

I forgot to pad the recording, so all I had was 60 Minutes. I guess I should make an effort to find out what happened.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post

I forgot to pad the recording, so all I had was 60 Minutes. I guess I should make an effort to find out what happened.
We forgot to pad it also. Fortunately, most of the show was still in the buffer when my wife and I sat down to watch it, so we were able to rewind it all the way back to the beginning of the HoH comp.
(3) Minis

Old 09-09-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
jjd_87

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Well, the fact that nobody has started a thread about this episode yet speaks volumes. I'm guessing that like me, most of you couldn't care less at this point who wins the game. What an absolute dud of a season this has turned out to be.
Exactly. Everyone here was cheering when all the interesting people got voted out. Now you gonna be left with Gina Maria or Judd winning this game. Snooze.....
jjd_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #5
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Well, this was partly a recap episode of the 2nd half of the double eviction. And we knew that an Exterminator had to win HoH. And they were sure to nominate McRae. And with Amanda and Elissa gone there wasn't going to be a lot of drama. So it isn't any surprise the episode was kinda boring.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Quote:
Ditto.

I have no idea what happened last night.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #7
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
Ditto.

I have no idea what happened last night.
To add to what I posted - Spencer wins HoH and nominates McRae with GM as the pawn.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #8
nyc13

I will say the part of 60 minutes I watched (technological advances, 9/11 museum) were much more interesting. I passed on the Michael Jackson bit.

Oh, and I record whatever show is on after BB on Sunday (cannot remember the name of it). This is a habit for all Sunday CBS programming.
nyc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #9
andyw715

So these really aren't live evictions... cause It seemed like a lot went on between the first evict, veto, and the second.
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #10
TiVolunteer
lotta lurk rare post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc13 View Post
Oh, and I record whatever show is on after BB on Sunday (cannot remember the name of it).
I see what you did there. The name of the show is "Unforgettable".
1 Roamio Pro
1 TiVo Mini
2 TiVo HD
TiVolunteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #11
jcondon

Quote:
We watched it but really didn't care what happened. Partly because we follow jokersupdate but mostly because at this point we dislike who is left.

I guess GM maybe deserves it a bit more since she is pretty good at physical comps.

And maybe McCrae is the least offensive of who is left.

But honestly I don't care who wins out of who is left.
Old 09-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #12
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
I forgot to pad the recording, so all I had was 60 Minutes.
i guess i've been watching amazing race and bb long enough to know that cbs often runs late on sundays. some say cbs doesn't even try to correct their schedule due to advertising commitments and contracts.

there's a sticky in "season pass alerts" called "urgent pad recording alerts (east)" i subscribe to in case i forget to set bb to end an hour late during football/golf/tennis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw715 View Post
So these really aren't live evictions... cause It seemed like a lot went on between the first evict, veto, and the second.
even when they're taped, they're taped "live" (in real time). the multiple conversations are sometimes simultaneous, in different rooms of the house. with close to 70 cameras and almost 100 mics, it's easy for multiple scenes to be shot at once, then aired separately.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #13
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post

I guess I've been watching Amazing Race and BB long enough to know that CBS often runs late on Sundays. Some say CBS doesn't even try to correct their schedule due to advertising commitments and contracts.
I've been saying to my wife all season that I have to remember to pad BB on Sundays. Of course, I keep forgetting. I was just glad it was still in the buffer. I guess that's one of the advantages of the new 6-tuner TiVos. There's a much better chance that the tuner will still be on the last channel you were recording.
(3) Minis

Old 09-10-2013, 06:59 AM   #14
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Normally, the men's tennis final is on that Sunday and that's potentially 5 sets, but this year it was the women's final which is only 3 sets. I figured we would be ok this time around, but apparently not. So I kept an eye on the tennis, even though I'm not a fan, and padded accordingly. Still, I don't know why they bothered showing a rerun of 60 Minutes. They might as well preempted it and just showed the schedule on time (yeah, I know all the reasons they don't). Also, if the match runs late, why not move it to CBS' sports channel. Anyone know what time they actually STARTED the match?

Anyway, on BB, yeah it's boring, and the thought of a Spencer/GM final makes my skin crawl. Yeah, I know all the "interesting" people are out, but part of watching BB is to see them "get theirs" if they are obnoxious. I guess if that leads to a boring finals, so be it. The season was a dud, I agree, but, there were some interesting times I suppose. To me it was ruined more for the racist stuff than anything. That and CBS insistence on telegraphing everything that's going to happen, and their choice to, rather than show game strategy, they showed, essentially, the same screaming matches over and over.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #15
dirtypacman
Coming and going

I agree with everyone here that the season was a dud. Finals coming up and could care less for the most part who is there. I am routing for Judd just because I think overall he is a good guy. Expecting Andy to win if he makes it to the final based upon overall gameplay and lasting.

They really could have used some of the show last night to go back to the jury house and trump up some trouble. I guess they are keeping that for the last few episodes because they do not have the interest on houseguests still inside.
3) PIONEER #810H-S
4) TIVO Series 2 80 Hour

Comcast HD & Digital
home wired network (4) USB200M
dirtypacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #16
Alfer
WOOSAH!

My money is on Spencer at this point.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #17
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfer View Post
My money is on Spencer at this point.
And he's probably the least deserving of everyone left.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #18
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
And he's probably the least deserving of everyone left.
at first i agreed, then i thought a little longer...he's set a bb record for most noms without being evicted, won hoh and pov, two members of his early alliance will most likely make it to final 4 (he and mccrae) - as much as his behavior and language in the house has been disgusting, i might prefer his win over gm or andy.

who knows. at this point, if judd and mc get evicted, it's the lesser of evils among who's left.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 09-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #19
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
at first i agreed, then i thought a little longer...he's set a bb record for most noms without being evicted, won hoh and pov, two members of his early alliance will most likely make it to final 4 (he and mccrae) - as much as his behavior and language in the house has been disgusting, i might prefer his win over gm or andy.

who knows. at this point, if judd and mc get evicted, it's the lesser of evils among who's left.
At this point, I'm just looking at game play. I can't point to ONE thing that Spencer did to actually change the game except join alliances. Judd too. GM was instrumental in getting a major player out of the game and got the Executioners together. Andy's ability to influence the various power structures by snitching on others, while a dirty way to play, definitely influenced the game. And McRae, being part of the power couple with Amanda, you could argue some of the moves Amanda fronted might have been his idea. Unfortunately, I think if I was voting, I'd have to say Andy should win.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:31 AM   #20
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
I think if I was voting, I'd have to say Andy should win.
if he's makes it to final 2, me too. i can't stand his game, and his dr sessions really turned me off, but the way he played is probably the only reason he made it to the end. i guess i'm still undecided!

Old 09-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #21
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
if he's makes it to final 2, me too. i can't stand his game, and his dr sessions really turned me off, but the way he played is probably the only reason he made it to the end. i guess i'm still undecided!
That and the fact that the two major power people were so wrapped up in their own game that they couldn't step back from it and see what was actually happening outside their game and adapt.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #22
gweempose

Quote:

Unfortunately, I think if I was voting, I'd have to say Andy should win.
I agree. Like him or not, the guy has played a solid game. Not only has he managed to float all the way to the end, but he has done so without really upsetting any of the jury members. If he makes it to the end, he will almost for certain win the game.
(3) Minis

Old 09-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #23
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
I agree. Like him or not, the guy has played a solid game. Not only has he managed to float all the way to the end, but he has done so without really upsetting any of the jury members. If he makes it to the end, he will almost for certain win the game.
I don't know if it's a testament to how dumb the other houseguests were or how smart a game Andy played, but he floated along all alliances and not once found out. And when anyone suspected him, either he was able to deflect it, or they just didn't take it seriously. It's really hard to play that way and not get caught. Think about how Howard got cut down for not being honest ONCE and Andy played that way THE WHOLE GAME.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #24
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

I'm not sure Andy played a smart game as much as he played a sneaky game and he was helped tremendously by the fact that none of the rest of them were smart enough to figure him out. If Andy had been in with another (ie: smarter) group, he may not have fared as well.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #25
Dnamertz

Quote:

The reason Spencer survived all those nominations is because he is such a huge non-threat. To me, that makes him nothing more than a floater.
Dnamertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:32 PM   #26
stellie93

There are 2 ways to win a game like this that I respect. One is to stay under the radar--not as easy as it sounds--and the other is to be everyone's target at some point and win EVERYTHING to save yourself. Neither one requires a lot of lying. Some, of course, but not to the extent that Andy has done.

If McCrae can win the veto and get to the end, I'm for him. If not, I like Spencer. I realize that I haven't seen all the ugly side of him, but I don't care. My vote--which counts for nothing--is based on the Spencer that exists in my head.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #27
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

bb15 saga part 11

on another note, bb14's wil has released another installment in his bb15 saga series:

Big Brother 15: The Saga ep.11
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

Old 09-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #28
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
There are 2 ways to win a game like this that I respect. One is to stay under the radar--not as easy as it sounds--and the other is to be everyone's target at some point and win EVERYTHING to save yourself. Neither one requires a lot of lying. Some, of course, but not to the extent that Andy has done.

If McCrae can win the veto and get to the end, I'm for him. If not, I like Spencer. I realize that I haven't seen all the ugly side of him, but I don't care. My vote--which counts for nothing--is based on the Spencer that exists in my head.
Lying doesn't bother me. It's part of the game. It's like bluffing in poker. What bothers me is the self righteous nonsense from the people LIED TO. If you into Big Brother, or Survivor and expect NEVER to be lied to, then you're a fool. So I respect ANY game that has the houseguest actually DOING something to keep themselves in the game or changing the game in their favor. Winning competitions? Great. Creating fake alliances and then backstabbing those allies. That's fine too. Staying under the radar and doing nothing to either get rid of your enemies or advancing your own game is boring and I don't respect that kind of game.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #29
stellie93

Or the self righteous nonsense from people who just lied to and back stabbed someone else 5 minutes ago, and now are outraged that it is happening to them.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:05 AM   #30
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
Or the self righteous nonsense from people who just lied to and back stabbed someone else 5 minutes ago, and now are outraged that it is happening to them.
*cough* Amanda *cough*