TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

20.4.4 Release Notes

Later tonight we will begin updating TiVo Roamio, TiVo Premiere, and TiVo Mini boxes with the 20.4.4 "Fall Update". There is still time to request an early update at tivo.com/priority. Customers that don't request a priority update will be automatically updated near the end of this month.

Here are some of the changes:
- You can set a Season Pass to record on all channels, instead of just one
- You can set up a Season Pass even if there is no episode airing in the next two weeks. (Shows may appear in Search up to six months before they first air.)
- New Home Shopping Network app in Apps & Games
- Updated Spotify app with an enhanced playlist and new look (in Music & Photos)
- Fixed the bug where Panel model would reset to Full mode after a restart
- Fixed a problem where some deleted shows never left the "Recently Deleted" folder
- Note: this release is required in order to use Android Streaming once the new Android App is released (expected at the end of this month)

I am expecting one more update this year, most likely in late November.

--Margret
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:00 PM   #2
Keen

Thanks!
Keen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #3
Sixto

TC CLUB MEMBER
Cool, looking forward to it. Thanks. (have all 7 boxes set to update)

Sixto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:02 PM   #4
pjw150

Thanks you Margret.
pjw150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:04 PM   #5
innocentfreak

Thanks I am definitely excited about the new season pass options.

Does this also address the reboots some of us have had randomly since the last update?

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #6
BigJimOutlaw

Thanks Margret!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
How do you do that Vudu so well? (sorry, had to do it.)
BigJimOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #7
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimOutlaw View Post
Thanks Margret!!

How do you do that Vudu so well?
I'm inclined to think Vudu will show up before the November update. Based on nooneuknow's posts, it's probably already in the current Tivo software.

I think Amazon Prime will be the big news of the November update.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #8
BlackBetty
I <3 TiVo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
I think Amazon Prime will be the big news of the November update.
I hope you are right.
BlackBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #9
Joe Siegler

Quote:
- You can set up a Season Pass even if there is no episode airing in the next two weeks. (Shows may appear in Search up to six months before they first air.)
I can stop using the trick of using a wishlist, and then switch over to a season pass within two weeks then.

I also wish when you're going through the deleted folder list and do something with one of them it stays there, instead of snapping back up to the top. When you have around 800 programs in there, that's a big pain in the backside.

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:54 PM   #10
consumedsoul

+1 for season pass features (all channels and 6 months ahead)!

Thanks Margaret!
Old 09-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #11
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

these will all be very useful to operation and welcomed, thanks for the improvements and the "heads up"...signed up and waiting for the priority list upgrades to begin!

margret - will you be starting a "release notes" thread in the premiere forum?

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:58 PM   #12
JWhites

Quote:
- Note: this release is required in order to use Android Streaming once the new Android App is released (expected at the end of this month)

When can we get the actual Stream updated itself?

Last edited by JWhites : 09-09-2014 at 05:14 PM.
JWhites is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:03 PM   #13
sirfergy

Any chance we can get a prefer HD option for season passes?
sirfergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:09 PM   #14
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfergy View Post
Any chance we can get a prefer HD option for season passes?
If not, I'd just uncheck the SD version of the channel in the channel lineup. This way only the HD channel is available to choose from. Much easier.

Last edited by JWhites : 09-09-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #15
Jed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
these will all be very useful to operation and welcomed, thanks for the improvements and the "heads up"...signed up and waiting for the priority list upgrades to begin!

margret - will you be starting a "release notes" thread in the premiere forum?
This is not necessary anymore since the Premiere and Roamio share the same UI.
Jed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #16
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post
This is not necessary anymore since the Premiere and Roamio share the same UI.
yes, understood, but this thread is in the roamio forum, where premiere users might not think to look.

also, i know it seems redundant, but the hardware is different, and each might react differently to the same software - like the same software might react unexpectedly on different computers.

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:31 PM   #17
trip1eX

cool. the first 2 issues were a bit annoying.
trip1eX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:32 PM   #18
JWhites

Quote:
yes, understood, but this thread is in the roamio forum, where premiere users might not think to look.
I understand what you mean, it needs to be posted in both threads because Premiere users may not check the Roamio threads same as Roamio users may not check the Premiere threads.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:49 PM   #19
Jed1

Quote:

also, i know it seems redundant, but the hardware is different, and each might react differently to the same software - like the same software might react unexpectedly on different computers.
Looking at Margret's post count, she's not on the forum that much. About five times since the summer update. Same goes for her Twitter page. Either she does not have much time or she may have more important things to do.

One main problem with both the Roamio and Premiere threads is every time someone has a problem they start a new thread instead of posting the issue in Margret's update thread. It gets very difficult to keep track of issues.

It is probably easier on Margret to have one master thread to cover each update.
Jed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:50 PM   #20
innocentfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
If not, I'd just uncheck the SD version of the channel in the channel lineup. This way only the HD channel is available to choose from. Much easier.
Not always an option. For example I get Fox Sports 1 in HD and Fox Sports 2 in SD only and the same with History channel and H2 which is SD only.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:25 PM   #21
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed1 View Post
Looking at Margret's post count, she's not on the forum that much. About five times since the summer update. Same goes for her Twitter page. Either she does not have much time or she may have more important things to do.

One main problem with both the Roamio and Premiere threads is every time someone has a problem they start a new thread instead of posting the issue in Margret's update thread. It gets very difficult to keep track of issues.

It is probably easier on Margret to have one master thread to cover each update.
She's done it many times with previous updates and usually it's just a copy and paste unless the update specifically addresses an issue with one product line and not the other.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:29 PM   #22
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
Not always an option. For example I get Fox Sports 1 in HD and Fox Sports 2 in SD only and the same with History channel and H2 which is SD only.
Ok then don't uncheck those SD channels in the channel lineup settings if you don't get them in HD as well.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #23
innocentfreak

Quote:
Ok then don't uncheck those SD channels in the channel lineup settings if you don't get them in HD as well.
This doesn't address the issue then of having HD as the preferred option especially when a show runs on both channels.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #24
Sixto

TC CLUB MEMBER
Downloaded. Restarting now.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #25
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
This doesn't address the issue then of having HD as the preferred option especially when a show runs on both channels.
TiVo always prefers HD. SPs are not actually channel specific, they're call sign specific. In some areas people have two channels with the same call sign, one SD and one HD, and TiVo added a feature long ago to prefer HD when both are active in the list. I'm betting that with this feature if the same show is available on two channels, at the same time, it will give preference to HD. Unless you have "all episodes with duplicates" set in which case it will record both. If they're not at the same time then likely the first one will record, regardless of channel, and subsequent recordings will be ignored due to the 28 day rule.

Personally I have all non-HD channels turned off. I can't stand SD anymore, even if it's the only option, so if something is only available in SD I stop watching or I download from BT.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #26
JWhites

Quote:
It does if by unchecking the SD variant of the channel, you are only offered the choice of the HD versions left. For example all my channels are offered in SD between 2 through 300 and offered in HD from 800 and beyond. I went into settings, then channel list, and unchecked all the SD channels that I also received in HD, so now I'm only offered those channels in HD in the channel guide, season passes, discovery bar, and what to watch now, since now as far as the TiVo is concerned the SD variant doesn't exist in my lineup. In short, if I "hide" the SD version, I'm only offered the HD version. I started doing this before I was aware of the mechanism Dan203 mentioned in his post above since I think it only applies to season passes and not the discovery bar or what to watch now offerings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Personally I have all non-HD channels turned off. I can't stand SD anymore, even if it's the only option, so if something is only available in SD I stop watching or I download from BT.
Same here, only instead of BT, I look for it on demand or Netflix or Hulu Plus.

Last edited by JWhites : 09-09-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #27
Sixto

TC CLUB MEMBER
Just setup a few future shows, works well on 20.4.4.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:36 PM   #28
innocentfreak

Quote:
It does if by unchecking the SD variant of the channel, you are only offered the choice of the HD versions left.
If you only get the SD channel, there is no HD version left.

Yes it is great if you can remove all the SD variants and assuming they stay removed which doesn't always happen, the original request doesn't affect you.
This isn't always the case which is why having a HD preferred option would be beneficial.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:39 PM   #29
rainwater

Quote:
This isn't always the case which is why having a HD preferred option would be beneficial.
If it works like wishlists, the HD preferred option is implied. Since last year, wishlists prefer HD channels over SD channels when on at the same time.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:44 PM   #30
tomhorsley

Quote:
OK, Now I have a reason to sign up for the update :-).
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote