TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-16-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
NJ Webel

Roamio Basic Locking Up & Rebooting

I don't have cable, so this Roamio basic is set up as OTA only. I've had it for a little less than a year, and it has been pretty much flawless. Until this evening, that is, when I tried to access my pre-recorded OTA content and the screen went black and the Roamio became unresponsive.

If I push the TiVo button, it makes the familiar 'ding' sound, but the screen remains black and nothing else happens. No other remote pushes are acknowledged by the TiVo. After ~5 minutes or so, it reboots.

This has happened about 6 times now. I can't get any recorded OTA show to play. They just hang.

Pushing Live TV doesn't display anything either, and going to the Antenna Test Signal Strength screen and trying to access the meter also hangs the box.

Suggestions?
NJ Webel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #2
NJ Webel

And.. now it's working again following one of the reboots. No rhyme or reason.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:49 PM   #3
NJ Webel

Well, it locked up and rebooted once again. Don't know what's going on, but I'm going to do a kickstart and check the drive for errors.

Since I swapped the original drive for a 3 tb one, I'm wondering if this is a power supply issue, as outlined here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=519901

I ordered one of 12V 2.5A bricks to replace the wall wart, just in case. But we'll see what the result is from the overnight kickstart test.