TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #1
gsusser

The installation from helllllll

Everything that could go wrong seemed to go wrong. Whether it's a bad card or bad Roamio or both remains to be seen. But I chatted or phoned with TiVo and Verizon for hours and hours over a 2 day period. Verizon is sending a new card and TiVo is sending a new Roamio. I don't fault anyone, ***** happens.

My question which I hope to get a quick answer - I need to disconnect my Roamio and reconnect my Premiere until the new stuff arrives. I have a new cable card from Verizon which was paired to the Roamio and told them the older one was no longer being used. Do you think it's still okay to use the old one in my Premiere without any setup problems? The thought of having to contact Verizon or TiVo again is bringing me nightmares as I type this. -)

Btw, I do find Verizon chat to be infinitely better and more efficient than calling. Though, they have their issues too. The chat all seems to come from India (I've had about 5 chats) and I give them credit... they're not like the stereotypes you hear about that give you subpar assistance and there is no language barrier since it's a computer chat.
gsusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
A J Ricaud

I'm not a Verizon user, but I subscribe to the DSL Reports FiOS forum (in hopes that it will come my way someday). I have read that Verizon does not pair cable cards to a specific box so you should be able to use it. IIRC, it was aaronwt, a respected member of the Tivo forums and FiOS forums who said this.
A J Ricaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by A J Ricaud View Post
I'm not a Verizon user, but I subscribe to the DSL Reports FiOS forum (in hopes that it will come my way someday). I have read that Verizon does not pair cable cards to a specific box so you should be able to use it. IIRC, it was aaronwt, a respected member of the Tivo forums and FiOS forums who said this.
Pairing is needed to view HBO and Cinemax. I can remove a card from one TiVo and put it in another and I can get all of the channels in my Ultimate tier except for HBO and Cinemax. But once the card is paired to the box then I can view HBO and Cinemax.

And recently when one of my cards was deactivated when the phone tech screwed up trying to pair the cable card to my Romaio Pro. I found out that I could still get the local channels from the deactivated card. Once they activated it I could get the other channels, minus HBO and Cinemax, and then once paired HBO and Cinemax came in.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
holycrap

I can confirm what Aaron said. I'm a FIOS subscriber. Yesterday I swapped out a Premiere 2 tuner for an XL4 (now's a good time to buy them used) and found only that the premium movie channels didn't work when I just pulled the card from the old box and put it in the XL4.
holycrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
gsusser

Yes, it worked. Thanks for the replies.
gsusser is offline   Reply With Quote