TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
tivogurl

Does an S2 w/lifetime have any resale value?

I figure it has no value, other than enabling me to get an MSD discount for lifetime on a new Roamio.
tivogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

Someone might pay a few bucks for it. Post it in the for sale section and see if you get any takers.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
moedaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivogurl View Post
I figure it has no value, other than enabling me to get an MSD discount for lifetime on a new Roamio.
I bought one off of craigslist last fall for $50, which included the usb wireless G adapter. Not only did it qualify me for the MSD on the Premiere I bought a few months later, but it also gives me a dvr for a little used 32" Panny crt tv that's in our bedroom.

So there is some value for the right person at the right price.
moedaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivogurl View Post
What model number and how much?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #5
Shanezam203

Quote:
Originally Posted by moedaman View Post
I bought one off of craigslist last fall for $50, which included the usb wireless G adapter. Not only did it qualify me for the MSD on the Premiere I bought a few months later, but it also gives me a dvr for a little used 32" Panny crt tv that's in our bedroom.

So there is some value for the right person at the right price.
Good Find.
Shanezam203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:59 AM   #6
SnakeEyes

If you had sold a year or two earlier it would have
SnakeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #7
midson

I sold mine last year for $80. However, the buyer never worked with me to transfer service, so he's either using it as-is or bought it strictly for parts. Since its still on my account, is there a way I can tell if its being used?
midson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #8
SNJpage1

I sold my single turner ser 2 with life time on craigslist for $75. I had it for about 6 years. I had bought it originally for $150 with a $150 rebate from Best Buy. I had taken out the extended Best Buy warrenty for $50 and 2 years later it went bad. They gave me a gift card for $150 instead of fixing it. Used that to buy a new one which also was $150 with a $150 rebate.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #9
shwru980r

Quote:
Originally Posted by midson View Post
I sold mine last year for $80. However, the buyer never worked with me to transfer service, so he's either using it as-is or bought it strictly for parts. Since its still on my account, is there a way I can tell if its being used?
If that's the only Tivo they have or they don't transfer shows between Tivos, then there is no need for them to transfer the account.

Premiere-$99 Lifetime-OTA
HD-Lifetime-OTA
S3 OLED-Lifetime-OTA
shwru980r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #10
buscuitboy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by midson View Post
I had a similar situation; sold my lifetime S2 on ebay, but the new owner never made their own online account to put it on so there is sits with my other Series 3s and Premiere.

I am pretty sure its active (& probably how you can tell) as I see it listing some channel guide for the TX area (I am in GA) when I try to select it for finding TV shows via the online portal & in the TV Listing Guide area. Although, lately the TiVo website has been CRAWLING. You may want to check out this area too.

****NOTE: I also simply disabled its ability to rent Amazon videos (enable downloads) and video sharing from other DVRs on my account (in the "TiVO device preferences" area).
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #11
dlfl
Cranky old novice

People still using analog only (S1 or S2) Tivo's post on this forum. Yes they have value.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote