TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #181
JETarpon

This Simpsons episode originally aired in April, but it was repeated last night

Crystal Blue Persuasion

Milhouse had the cupcake later in the episode, too.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #182
JohnB1000

betts4, I think that graphic doesn't understand the power of some of those weapons at 20 meters.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #183
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
betts4, I think that graphic doesn't understand the power of some of those weapons at 20 meters.
Well, I didn't create it, just passing it on as an interesting POV. I thought they were dead on - and it looks from that like there was an angle to the shots. :shrug: I may rewatch it tonight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #184
JohnB1000

That why I said "That Graphic" and not "you".
Old 09-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #185
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
That why I said "That Graphic" and not "you".
Got it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #186
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
The engine is in the exact part of the truck they were standing behind...

(Doesn't help Walt, of course, but IIRC the bullet holes were all seat level and higher, and he did eventually go down to the floor...)
Old 09-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #187
Archangel00

What is yet to be revealed is that Jesse is a recent graduate of Todd's best pistol marksman in the world school and will get Walt's revolver and take out Jack's entire crew with 5 shots! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Well, I didn't create it, just passing it on as an interesting POV. I thought they were dead on - and it looks from that like there was an angle to the shots. :shrug: I may rewatch it tonight.
The guys in the truck had dead aim on two stationary targets. Targets dead. The end....
(at the absolute LEAST one target(Gomez) dead...)
Sedan guys are completely irrelevant...

Last edited by Archangel00 : 09-09-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Archangel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #188
Beryl

Re-watched the last 20 minutes.

For a moment I detected that Walt expressed concerned about the welfare of his FAMILY --as opposed to HIS family -- after talking to Saul. The way he touched his abdomen, he seemed in pain. I began to think that he might not be a selfish reprobate. However, when he saw the picture of money in a barrel, he raced to it without taking time to ensure the safety of his family. Nothing to Skylar about getting the baby and Jr. to a secure location -- just protecting the money which has no value if they are dead. However, he did seem to care about Hank, Jesse, and Gomez when he called off the Aryans or maybe not. Great writing to leave us unsure about Walt's motives.

Amazing now Walt could race through the streets and highway without a bit of notice from law enforcement. A citizen might have dialed 911 to report a maniacal driver.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #189
Frash

Quote:
Saw this on FB - it sort of explains why no bullets hit.

"Fire without maneuver is indecisive. Maneuver without fire is fatal"

The AB should've flanked.

Great graphic though, thanks!
Frash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #190
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
For the end of the show I still say Jesse has to survive since it's a show about Walt and Jesse (to the last ep at least) and I suspect that Jesse somehow is going to come out ahead. I think it's going to end with something to do with Jack's gang and/or the Czech's, which is somehow disappointing to me, because they are basically new and somewhat undeveloped groups of characters.
I think that Lydia saying, "You really need to fix the potency and color to what our customers expect" is a foreshadowing that she can call in some big sized Czechs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougF View Post
I can't see Marie writing "Heisenberg" on the wall. I don't think she's the trasher. My vote is the Nazi gang, though I would think they'd do a lot more damage.
Like there is a shortage of punk kid vandals in the White's neighborhood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
Why do we think it was anything more than vandals that trashed the house and wrote the name? I'm sure it was all over the news at some point and Heisenberg is a legend of sorts. It could have even been those kids that were skating in the empty pool.
Yep. What's a bit off is when neighbor Carol sees Walt you'd think she'd have been told to call the cops immediately on sight.

This makes me think the community thinks Walt is dead.

"Gomie" said on Talking Bad that he's the only character that hasn't broken bad. Also Walt Jr.

Why, why, why wouldn't Hank haven't called for his team to back them up? I was expecting a helicopter to be tracking Walt and to land right there.

WALT RAN A RED LIGHT! The ABQ cops could have got him!

What about poor Huel? I think this is the first time he got lines to say?
If he's a bodyguard.....I think any assassin that could run could smoke him.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #191
Hank
AC•FTW

Found this on the youtubes.. (no spoilers)

How lives at WW's house?

THE BREAKING BAD HOUSE- Who really LIVES there?
You need to upgrade your Flash Player

Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #192
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by netringer View Post
Yep. What's a bit off is when neighbor Carol sees Walt you'd think she'd have been told to call the cops immediately on sight.
Well, we really don't know what she did after seeing him. She may have run inside and called from a safe spot in her bathroom.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #193
Archangel00

Quote:
Why, why, why wouldn't Hank haven't called for his team to back them up? I was expecting a helicopter to be tracking Walt and to land right there.
Why, why, why don't you understand Hank has been recently operating completely off book, gone rogue, however you like to put it. Agency support is not an option. At least not until the point he found the location of a literal truck load of cash, which would now go a long way towards him being at least somewhat forgiven for his recent transgressions.
Archangel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #194
JETarpon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
The engine is in the exact part of the truck they were standing behind...

(Doesn't help Walt, of course, but IIRC the bullet holes were all seat level and higher, and he did eventually go down to the floor...)
And if you watch the early part of the firefight, the back door was untouched for a long itme.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #195
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETarpon View Post
And if you watch the early part of the firefight, the back door was untouched for a long itme.
All that may well be accurate but the question of WHY the Aryan's shot at the car when the one person they didn't want to kill was in it. The whole scenario was farcical.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #196
cheesesteak
Meh.

Fire in the hole, b!tch!

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #197
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post

I believe that was a typo, and they meant to write "Walt".
I'd say they just followed Walt.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #198
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
I'd say they just followed Walt.
That's what I thought. When someone is driving out in the middle of nowhere, you can hang back a long ways and still be following them. I don't think they needed to do any high-tech tracking.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #199
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
...Yep. What's a bit off is when neighbor Carol sees Walt you'd think she'd have been told to call the cops immediately on sight.

This makes me think the community thinks Walt is dead....
Which is what I hypothesized after EP 9....and I'm sticking to that theory.
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #200
DeDondeEs

It's funny I was just listening to the Breaking Bad podcast and I didn't realize until now that Huell was played by comedian Lavell Crawford from shows like Last Comic Standing.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #201
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboyjr View Post
That's what I thought. When someone is driving out in the middle of nowhere, you can hang back a long ways and still be following them. I don't think they needed to do any high-tech tracking.
I looked for hints that they were following and didn't see any. It was also quite a long time after he got out there. So if that's the case it was more bad directing
Old 09-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #202
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
I looked for hints that they were following and didn't see any. It was also quite a long time after he got out there. So if that's the case it was more bad directing
They could have been tracking him, but I don't think they had the technology available to do it. The Skymall device didn't allow live tracking, and as far as we know, Hank and Gomie haven't gotten the DEA involved. Not sure how they could have done that on their own, but maybe they did.

Either way, they found him.

If we're talking about implausibilities, I am not sure that the Walt we know would have blindly accepted Jesse's explanation that he found the money by using the GPS tracking history from Walt's rented van. Has Jesse ever been known to be capable of doing anything like that? Not to Walt. Could Jesse, or pretty much anyone, have been able to do that without involving law enforcement? I don't think so. You either need to have an insider at the rental company, or a warrant.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #203
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
If we're talking about implausibilities, I am not sure that the Walt we know would have blindly accepted Jesse's explanation that he found the money by using the GPS tracking history from Walt's rented van. Has Jesse ever been known to be capable of doing anything like that? Not to Walt. Could Jesse, or pretty much anyone, have been able to do that without involving law enforcement? I don't think so. You either need to have an insider at the rental company, or a warrant.
What sold the story was the photo of the barrel. Once Walt saw that, it didn't really matter how plausible the story was on close examination...one way or another, Jesse found the money.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #204
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
What sold the story was the photo of the barrel. Once Walt saw that, it didn't really matter how plausible the story was on close examination...one way or another, Jesse found the money.
Definitely - the photo sold it. But once again, this is Jesse Pinkman, who Walt thinks is a complete idiot. And it was just a picture of one barrel of money. I can see Huell falling for something like that when the cops pull it on him. Harder to see Walt fall for it when Jesse, who to Walt is dumber than dumb, finds the money through some complicated detective work, allegedly all on his own.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #205
Frash

Hahaha, found on another forum:

Frash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #206
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Definitely - the photo sold it. But once again, this is Jesse Pinkman, who Walt thinks is a complete idiot. And it was just a picture of one barrel of money. I can see Huell falling for something like that when the cops pull it on him. Harder to see Walt fall for it when Jesse, who to Walt is dumber than dumb, finds the money through some complicated detective work, allegedly all on his own.
And yet he indisputably found it. (Or so it seemed.) It wasn't A, then B, then C, then D. It was D. Since A, B, and C lead to D, and we know we're at D, then it doesn't really matter what the odds of A, B, and C are, since, well, D.

That was the brilliance of the plan. Hank learned something he really had no business knowing (that Walt had buried the money out in the desert in Home Depot barrels), and built a chain leading to that knowledge that would force Walt to the actual location.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #207
getreal
postcrastinator

I find that, the more I am excited about the episode I just watched, and want to share that excitement ... then I come here and start reading the posts. Some are just as excited as I am and share great observations, but then I become increasingly disappointed to read through all of the critical comments about the storyline and suggestions for "better" story ideas. Ugh!! I used to be able to get through all of that, but it is getting less and less pleasurable to want to add my two bits with the overanalyzing and awful second guessing going on.

Sorry gang, but I want to keep the excitement alive, so I'll just add a tiny observation or two:

When Saul appeared at the car wash and said "Better Call Saul!" to Flynn, and Walter popped in with the baby, it was the last moment of the whole family being together in one scene (Walt, Skyler, Walt Jr. and Molly), though they had no idea in the moment.

Then when Hank called Marie after arresting Walt/Heisenberg, they shared a final sweet moment with "I love you" back & forth and a breath of relief before Hank's doomed "It'll be a while before I see you" (paraphrasing) ... as the Aryans were descending upon them.

Jesse could hardly believe his eyes as he witnessed the takedown of the infallible Mr. White (now "Walt" to him as his full betrayal was unquestionably revealed to Heisenberg), followed quickly by the demons from Hell being unleashed immediately thereafter. What a sickening feeling for Jesse, who could have had his new identity and been safely starting a new life in Alaska, only to be facing his worst nightmare in the desert.

My advice to us true fans of excellence in storytelling: Don't second-guess. Just sit back and enjoy the thrill of the ride. It will all be over before we know it. Let's marvel as the masterpiece unfolds before our eyes.

getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #208
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Not to mention that cars are only bullet-proof in Hollywood.
Couches are bullet proof in Hollywood too.

Last edited by cheesesteak : 09-09-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #209
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
LOL, I googled them too and found "Strike Back" but I to have no idea what it has to do with Breaking bad.
They usually kill about 47 bad guys in every Strike Back episode but never get shot themselves.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #210
smak
TV MA SLV

Quote:
They could have been tracking him, but I don't think they had the technology available to do it. The Skymall device didn't allow live tracking, and as far as we know, Hank and Gomie haven't gotten the DEA involved. Not sure how they could have done that on their own, but maybe they did.

Either way, they found him.

I'm not sure I buy that Walt wouldn't have thought to check that the rental van had GPS in the first place.

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote