TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #121
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Why do we think it was anything more than vandals that trashed the house and wrote the name? I'm sure it was all over the news at some point and Heisenberg is a legend of sorts. It could have even been those kids that were skating in the empty pool.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #122
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 702 View Post
Saul at the car wash.
SMEEK

But that was hee-larious! They even showed the billboard in the background!

I thought Hank opening the gross package of brains, etc and pouring the blood on the floor was pretty darn funny-I wasn't sure what he was getting at and I, like Jesse, was like, WTF???

Then later, when he called Marie, she had just looked at the garbage and when he called, she asked him first thing, before even letting him talk, "Hank-why are there what looks like brains in our garbage?" Um, yeah, honey, I'm fine too-listen, I just arrested Walt...

Speaking of which, Jesse called Walt "WALT" tonight, and I know I said before that I thought that the other week was the first time he called Mr White "Walter White" and apparently that was not right, but this HAS to be the first time Jesse has called him "WALT!"
Old 09-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #123
MacThor
Not Pictured

I actually think the lottery ticket loop closed very well. He didn't need the coordinates for himself - he drove straight to the spot. He needed them to be able to quickly give to someone else directions to the spot. Though I'm sure he didn't expect it to be the Aryans he gave them to.

I agree that Walt has made several sacrifices for his family. He probably should have walked away with $5 million and sold out to Declan before "Say My Name" but Lydia had already put the Czech empire bug in his ear.

As for your humor, "the kid left so much booger powder in there, my Caddy is a K-9 unit's wet dream."

I speculate Future-Walt's gun is to attempt to save Jesse from the Aryans. The ricin is for Lydia. The Aryans probably realize they don't need Walt and all his headaches if they can capture Jesse and force him to cook.
MacThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #124
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnB1000 View Post
Someone pointed out that they made a pretty clear point of Gomie collecting the car keys.
When Walt opened the car door to get out the car beeped as if there were keys left in the ignition.
Maybe all Gomie got was car wash keys.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #125
3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitbyBlit View Post
He wasn't trying to protect his money; he was trying to protect his life. He thought Jesse was trying to get him alone to kill him.

Once he realized that it was Hank and Gomez who were with Jesse, he called off the attack.

The question was asked in an earlier thread when Walt had sacrificed anything for his family.

He did so when he killed the thugs for Jesse, he did so when he was willing to turn himself in so that Skyler and the kids could get the money, and he did so in this episode. He was willing to turn himself in and give up all his money so that Hank wouldn't die.

So while he obviously cares a lot about the money, he has demonstrated that he still cares for his family, including extended family, more. And I believe he was being honest with Jesse when he told him that burning the money was hurting his family more than him because the money was ultimately for them. I think Walt cares about the money not as wealth in and of itself (i.e., greed), but in relation to how much he cares about his family. He cares about the money only because he wants it to be available to them.
Nevertheless, he cares about the money and only put himself in a position of vulnerability because Jesse lured him there with a threat to the money. IIRC, Jesse did not threaten Walt's family, but just threatened to burn the cash. Whether you are still sympathetic to Walt because of his stated motives for wanting to protect the money is another story. But to say that he is the least responsible for the shootout simply ignores that if Walt was willing to risk the money (dirty money that he has no right to have for that matter), Jesse wouldn't have had any leverage over him. You also seem to be forgetting that Walt had already ordered the hit on Jesse before he even got the phone call about the money. To me, any blame that can be thrown at others pales in comparison to Walt's culpability and until reading your post, it never even occurred to me that someone could conceivably think otherwise.
3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #126
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post
I speculate Future-Walt's gun is to attempt to save Jesse from the Aryans. The ricin is for Lydia. The Aryans probably realize they don't need Walt and all his headaches if they can capture Jesse and force him to cook.
I really hope they don't turn Walt into a hero at the end by having him trying to rescue Jesse. That will be a disappointing ending to a show about a man breaking bad. I'm all for Walt coming back for revenge, but not for heroism.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #127
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacThor View Post

Oh oh oh!!! Walt rescuing Jesse would be a great ending (at least for me). Ricin in Lydia's tea.

On another note, can't they just add food coloring to the meth to make it blue? I know Jack suggested that, it seems a simple solution.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"

Last edited by betts4 : 09-09-2013 at 12:29 PM.
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #128
Hank
AC•FTW

Just a side note... I saw the Methlamine tank shot in a preview, and it looked about 3/4 full.

Just suppose Todd, et al get cooking again once all the dust settles. What are they going to do when the Methlamine runs out? Heist another train? Lydia is only so good.

Also, how are they shipping all this blue meth back to the checzs? That right there has to be quite an operation like Gus had with the chicken batter.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #129
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Good point. Walt called it off when Hank was in real danger, not just a threat to him.
Or, he called it off when he thought the full force of the Federal Government was coming down on him. Why have a massive firefight between an Aryan gang and an army, with him in the middle?

He had no way of knowing Hank and Gomie were off the res, so to speak.

As for the lottery ticket, it's probably a non-issue, but there's no reason he would only have one.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #130
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Just a side note... I saw the Methlamine tank shot in a preview, and it looked about 3/4 full.

Just suppose Todd, et al get cooking again once all the dust settles. What are they going to do when the Methlamine runs out? Heist another train? Lydia is only so good.

Also, how are they shipping all this blue meth back to the checzs? That right there has to be quite an operation like Gus had with the chicken batter.
We've seen this. It's in bags that are submerged in what looks like oil or chemicals in barrels.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #131
JohnB1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
SMEEK

Speaking of which, Jesse called Walt "WALT" tonight, and I know I said before that I thought that the other week was the first time he called Mr White "Walter White" and apparently that was not right, but this HAS to be the first time Jesse has called him "WALT!"
Sorry That's exactly what he called him the earlier episode, somewhere in season 2 that I can't find.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #132
JohnB1000

Found it, Season 2 Episode 5

Quote:
“We do things my way this time. Or I walk. You need me more than I need you… Walt“ Season 2, Episode 5: “Breakage”

Old 09-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #133
danterner
Not it!

The episode titles of this series are getting so unwieldy. We started relatively simple, with episodes named things like Kafkaesque, and Abiquiu. Now we're at To'hajiilee. It's a good thing the series is ending: I could only imagine what next season would bring, especially if some Czech words wound up added to the mix.
| Twitter:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #134
Ereth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanmc View Post
I'm glad I watched this last night, people are being a little too free with their Facebook statuses today for my tastes.
Hopefully you don't mean mine. I tried to write it to avoid specific spoilers.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #135
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post

I was waiting for Meth Damon (or his uncle) to ask Lydia about her Eastern Europe contacts to cut her out completely. I do think he likes her though and that might be the only thing separating her from a bullet.
Beryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #136
T-Wolves
Information Junkie

I'm thinking maybe Lydia shows up to save the day. She wasn't too happy with the quality and lack of blue in Todd's meth batch, so I could see the wheels turning in her mind; "How do I get rid of these guys and get Walt's quality back?" Maybe she hires another crew and they show up in the desert just in time to save Walt/Hank/Gomie/Jessie? Otherwise I don't see how Hank and Gomie survive this.
T-Wolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #137
robojerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
I was waiting for Meth Damon (or his uncle) to ask Lydia about her Eastern Europe contacts to cut her out completely. I do think he likes her though and that might be the only thing separating her from a bullet.
She handles all the logistics getting the meth from ABQ to the Czech Republic... Even if they did meet her people on the other end, shipping it would be near impossible in the quantities she's doing it at. They need her, or they need to sell locally. I think the Czech addicts have more money to spend than the local burn outs in ABQ.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #138
JohnB1000

If they do survive there has to be some way for the story to continue for the remaining eps. Hank knows all now and has what he needs to convict so there has to be some kind of out.

Despite my disappointment I have a weird feeling that the crappy shootout will somehow be explained in the next episode.

I loved the Timmy Dips%$t comment from Gomie, especially since I have a dog called Timmy.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #139
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNoelH View Post
I think Jesse slipped out of the car. He'll run over to the rock Walt was standing behind and take the gun Walt dropped (and nobody retrieved) and somehow defend himself from whoever survives the shoot out.

I kept wondering who was gonna go get that gun, but neither Hank nor Gomie seemed too worried about it.
They showed Gomie pick up the gun. I saw him walking back with it.

I don't think mine cut out early, but Jesse is still currently in the car. His hand moved to the door handle and then he pulled his hand back. So I was left with the impression he is not getting out of the car.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #140
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
If they do survive there has to be some way for the story to continue for the remaining eps. Hank knows all now and has what he needs to convict so there has to be some kind of out.

Despite my disappointment I have a weird feeling that the crappy shootout will somehow be explained in the next episode.

I loved the Timmy Dips%$t comment from Gomie, especially since I have a dog called Timmy.
Hank and Gomie in the hospital. Somehow Walt and Jesse work together to get them into a car or the truck that may be not totally ruined by bullets. Hank can't talk, move or do anything, but he is still alive. Marie, thankful that Walt saved him gives him the key to the family home in NH.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #141
Frash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougF View Post
I can't see Marie writing "Heisenberg" on the wall. I don't think she's the trasher. My vote is the Nazi gang, though I would think they'd do a lot more damage.
I agree...that sounds more likely.
Frash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #142

My final 3 prediction. Hank and Gomez are dead. Walt is blamed in the media for the murders. (This is why the neighbor was scared of him)

Walt and family call up the vacuum repair company and get out of town.

Aryans beat the info out of Sal, which leads to the repairman which leads them to the family.

Big gun is for the the Aryans, ricin for Lydia.
702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #143
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
They showed Gomie pick up the gun. I saw him walking back with it.

I don't think mine cut out early, but Jesse is still currently in the car. His hand moved to the door handle and then he pulled his hand back. So I was left with the impression he is not getting out of the car.
I didn't see him actually leave the car either. Hand on the door and watching the gun play.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #144
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseAndSquirrel View Post
I kept waiting for Walt to realize he didn't bury the barrels in the up orientation.
He did. We discussed it to death in that episode's thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
As for the lottery ticket, it's probably a non-issue, but there's no reason he would only have one.
I had the same thought, that there could be multiples, but I don't like it. If that were the case I would have liked to have seen him walk out of the convenience store with a strip of tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frash View Post
Also interesting is now that Marie received affection from Hank with the assurance that Walt is in cuffs and the end to her nightmare is close, what will happen with her?
Actually I think it will drive her forward with a singular vision of protecting the children.

Quote:
BTW. How did they track hank. They surely couldn't have got his GPS without a warrant.
Who tracked Hank?
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #145
phox_mulder
I get paid 2watch TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I didn't see him actually leave the car either. Hand on the door and watching the gun play.
Maybe it was just my brain filling in the blanks, but I could have swore there was a shot of the car door open and no Jesse, then more shots of the gunfight, then credits.

phox

TiVo S3-65 HD Hours-Lifetime
TiVo HD 20 HD Hours
DirecTV HR21-700 80+ HD Hours
DirecTV HR20-100 80+ HD Hours
Harmony 880 Remote Control
phox_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #146
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeegan View Post

So even without TiVo there is still a desperate cry from some to hold off on the spoilers for a day on Facebook. I can't risk it - gotta watch it live. I even got worried when we started it 20 minutes late last night.
Can't you just stay off facebook for a day or two?
Old 09-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #147
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 702 View Post
My final 3 prediction. Hank and Gomez are dead. Walt is blamed in the media for the murders. (This is why the neighbor was scared of him)
Can't be...if Hank and Gomez are dead, then there's nobody to tell the world that Walt was there at all.

It's based on conventional TV logic applied to a very unconventional show, but I still say Gomie dead, Hank injured but alive, Jesse fled and fine. I'm not sure how they get there, and my confidence is not high, but that would seem the most likely scenario in terms of getting to the show's end.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #148
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

It would be better (less "common") if Hank dies and Gomie is injured but alive...
Old 09-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #149
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by phox_mulder View Post
Maybe it was just my brain filling in the blanks, but I could have swore there was a shot of the car door open and no Jesse, then more shots of the gunfight, then credits.
What I recall (I watched twice) is that Jesse had his hand on the door handle, and the door just beginning to open. That was the last shot of Jesse. I don't remember a shot of the car w/o Jesse. But I do believe he escaped off-screen or is in the process of escaping during the gun battle.

Just how many rounds can a pump-action shotgun hold? And did Hank ever re-load? I'd guess at most Hank had 12-15 rounds, which go pretty darn quick. Gomie? What, 10 rounds maybe? And he can't hit anything 30 feet away? Nobody goes down? Yikes.
Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #150
gossamer88
HDTV Snob

Can't believe this thread is 5 pages long in less than 24hrs!

Anyways...was this the first time Walt admitting he poisoned the kid? Don't remember him ever saying so.
gossamer88 is offline   Reply With Quote