TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
markymark_ctown

Dexter | "This Little Piggy" | 2013-07-28

Well, the Yates arc ended quickly.

Also, when they first showed the wealthy son, I thought he looked an awful lot like Dexter...even walked like him (in the opening credits) with his hands in pockets.
markymark_ctown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
markp99
TakoKichi

Yes, I thought Yates would be a season-long arc.

Question, how would they have "cleaned-up" the scene with a wrought iron curtain rod puncturing the bed's mattress and box spring, and probably the floor beneath Yates?

I had to pull my wife down from the ceiling when Yates broke into Vogel's apartment via the window.
markp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp99 View Post
... Question, how would they have "cleaned-up" the scene with a wrought iron curtain rod puncturing the bed's mattress and box spring, and probably the floor beneath Yates? ...
That was quite an idea the writers came up with there! LOL!

As far as clean up, wasn't it Vogel's place? She just needs to replace her bed and window and not report it to anyone.

Then again, if she was fearing for her life due to psychopathic clients, she might have considered installing an alarm system ... but I must suspend my disbelief (and logical thinking) in order to continue to enjoy this show. And I do enjoy "Dexter".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
mooseAndSquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
That was quite an idea the writers came up with there! LOL!

As far as clean up, wasn't it Vogel's place? She just needs to replace her bed and window and not report it to anyone.

Then again, if she was fearing for her life due to psychopathic clients, she might have considered installing an alarm system ... but I must suspend my disbelief (and logical thinking) in order to continue to enjoy this show. And I do enjoy "Dexter".
Wasn't Vogel's place, but one of Yates' customers house. They found it through the unrealistic cell phone trace.
mooseAndSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #5
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Question, how would they have "cleaned-up" the scene with a wrought iron curtain rod puncturing the bed's mattress and box spring, and probably the floor beneath Yates?
My thought as well. You don't just "clean up" a hole through someone's mattress and a big blood stain on their carpet.

Also, Dexter is lucky he didn't hit any support bracing that was holding up the mattress. Curtain rods are not usually all that sturdy, and if he had hit a crossbar, he might have broken the curtain rod before he hit Yates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
If she's receiving packages at her door from a killer and has reason to fear for her life, maybe it's not a good idea to sit in a bay window in plain sight of everyone outside, with your back to the window so you can't even see if anyone is walking past the window.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
If she's receiving packages at her door from a killer and has reason to fear for her life, maybe it's not a good idea to sit in a bay window in plain sight of everyone outside, with your back to the window so you can't even see if anyone is walking past the window.
Maybe if a serial killer knows where you live and is likely to try to kill you, you should move to a safe house.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #7
Azlen

Quote:
Yes, I thought Yates would be a season-long arc.
There was one very clear reason why I knew that Yates wouldn't be around long. He wasn't being played by a name actor.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #8
jamesbobo
with a grain of salt

Yates was a killer, but was he THE killer? He killed women, and buried them. It's not his style to kill someone, especially male, and leave them to be found with a piece of their brain missing.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:35 AM   #9
Jeeters
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
My thought as well. You don't just "clean up" a hole through someone's mattress and a big blood stain on their carpet.
It was a hardwood floor. I'll pretend the rod hit his sternum and never touched the floor, and then they went to an IKEA midnight sale for a quick replacement mattress.

Thought it unusual that Dexter threw Yate's complete body overboard. Doesn't he usually chop the bodies up into several garbage bags?
Jeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #10
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbobo View Post
Yates was a killer, but was he THE killer? He killed women, and buried them. It's not his style to kill someone, especially male, and leave them to be found with a piece of their brain missing.
I see your point. They never discussed the killings with Yates and he never mentioned anything about them. Yates could have just been upset that Dexter was in his house on Vogel's behalf.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #11
DrEvil
Evil Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeters View Post
Thought it unusual that Dexter threw Yate's complete body overboard. Doesn't he usually chop the bodies up into several garbage bags?
This is the first time that I remember him not cutting up a body for disposal. But since he didn't have time to set up his usual kill room, and he had Vogel and Deb there with him, he must have decided to just dispose of Yate's body in one piece.

Also, Deb has so far this season just barely been holding it together, the sight of Dexter dismembering a body would probably send her over the edge and have her trying to confess again.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #12
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
...I had to pull my wife down from the ceiling when Yates broke into Vogel's apartment via the window.
She didn't see him walking past the window in the background?
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
Hunter Green
Curmudgeon

The only thing that led Dexter and Vogel to think Yates was the Brain Surgeon was the diagram of the skull cut in his notes, but that could just as easily be because he was investigating his own surgery. Given how it doesn't fit his M.O. otherwise (plus her surprise at learning Vogel had someone working with her, after the Brain Surgeon was already leaving his and hers gifts), they're being very cavalier to assume Yates is the Brain Surgeon.

(You guys are all long past this I know, but I'm only just now watching the season. The wife wanted to wait until we were close enough to the end of the season to not have to wait for it, so we just started day before yesterday, and we figure the last eps will have aired just about when we get to them.)