TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
seattletivo

Messed up recording

After a hiatus from Tivo, we are back with a lifetime Roamio base model along with a Tivo Stream.

Was excited for the first NFL game of the season until we sat down to watch the recorded game.

I don't know exactly how to describe it, but it seems like big parts of the recording aren't accessible. If we try to watch or fast forward to a spot, the show jumps to a different earlier/later spot. It's like the recording is corrupt. It's the same behavior whether we try to watch the recording on TV using the Roamio or streaming on the iPad.

I'm really disappointed. I doubt there's a way to fix the recording, but if anyone has hints, I'd love to hear them. Also I want to make sure to properly report this bug to Tivo. I haven't rebooted the unit yet.

For reference we are using Moca networking and are on Comcast using a Motorola Cable Card. The recording was scheduled using the Tivo app on an iPad.
seattletivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #2
fdisker2000

It sounds like you have the same issue as this http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=508353 thread.
fdisker2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
JesseBearden

Interesting. I had the same issue today during the Seahawks game. My other recordings(Thus far) seem fine though.
JesseBearden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

Someone sent me a TTG transfer of one of these messed up recordings. I analyzed it and it looks like the timestamps are all wonky. There are a few random spots in the show where they seem to get stuck on one value. Then all the sudden they restart. However I'm not 100% sure if this exact error is what causes the problem on the TiVo, or if some other error on the TiVo causes this problem in the TTG file.

FYI if you run the file though VideoReDo Quick Stream Fix it'll actually repair the file and make it playable.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
fdisker2000

As I said in the other thread. I think it has to do national feeds of the games(mp4?). During the local feed commercials(obvious local advertisers) fwd/rwd work. During the game (national feed?) ad some commercials it will rwd/fwd just the previously shown commercials.
fdisker2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #6
seattletivo

Well, at least we're not alone! I followed the instructions in that thread and sent the info to TiVoMargret
seattletivo is offline   Reply With Quote