TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #1
HarperVision

Any Time Warner clients out there that confirm you're able to copy shows to your ipad & stream inside and outside your home with TWC, specifically maybe Oceanic Time Warner? I'm just unboxing my Pro now and haven't tested yet.

On a side note of weirdness, I noticed the tape on top was already slit across the top but not the sides, so the box was still sort of sealed. When I was taking everything out I noticed "hey this remote reminds of the one that came with the premiere and minis I took back a few months ago, especially since it has those weird slit lines diagonally from each button if you look close enough in the light". Then I looked at the remote's picture on the box and then online and realized, "damn, they sent the wrong remote (or because tape was split, someone swapped it out!)!!!" I immediately called Best Buy and they are opening a brand new pro just to get the correct remote out, and are shipping it to me. Now THAT is good customer service!!!

If possible, please let me know your TWC copy and streaming experiences ASAP, thanks!

PS - Well of course no one can stream outside home yet as its not activated, so share in home if you can.

Dave
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

The streaming inside the home works with any show regardless of copy protection. (Except Amazon downloads)

Downloading is the same as using TiVoToGo, which means that anything that is protected can not be downloaded. I believe TWC protects everything except the local channels, so you probably wont be able to download much.

The streaming outside the home isn't coming until later this Fall. We're not sure what sort of protections it might have yet.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
eberts13

So I just received a Stream as a Christmas gift. I also have TWC. I just tested streaming a recording off my Tivo outside the home and it seems to be protected unless it is a network channel.

Has anyone found any way around this copyright? Or is there a cable provider that is less stringent that I might be able to look into. I believe I might have WOW and Cox available in my area and was wondering if I should change providers. This protection takes away some of the fun and excitement of the stream.
eberts13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #4
snoopdogg1

Not impressed with Roamio so far.

I just got a Pro, and have Time Warner Cable. I am trying to copy recordings from my HD XL, and 95% of them have a red X, and can't even be copied from 1 of my TiVos to the other! Agggghhhh!!

I tried to download a 30-minute recording (local CBS affiliate) from Roamio to iPad, and it has errored and timed out several times. Agggghhhh!!

Between these problems, and issues getting connected to Wi-Fi, I have not been impressed with the Roamio so far. We'll see if I keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eberts13 View Post
So I just received a Stream as a Christmas gift. I also have TWC. I just tested streaming a recording off my Tivo outside the home and it seems to be protected unless it is a network channel.

Has anyone found any way around this copyright? Or is there a cable provider that is less stringent that I might be able to look into. I believe I might have WOW and Cox available in my area and was wondering if I should change providers. This protection takes away some of the fun and excitement of the stream.

HDXL
Series 2 (dead)
snoopdogg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
jrtroo
User

TWC is very harsh in their treatment of content and only allow the bare minimum to be copied. Nothing Tivo can do about that.

Streaming within the home was designed as the workaround for copying. But, the flag still limits OOH.

Hardwire your tivo, streaming is not supported over wifi.