TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Cable Card Worked w/o Call

I just took my cable card out of my TiVo Premiere XL and put it into my new Roamio Basic. I got the normal black screen saying to call to activate. Was finishing up some things and came back to the TiVo to make the call about 10 minutes later and miraculously my CC was activated and all my channels are as they should be. No call required.

That's a first for me since getting my first CC TiVo way back when. I'm beyond thrilled with how easy everything has been with the Roamio.

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
TiVoS2DT 560hr HDVR2 104hr Phillips 14hr TiVoS2(40hr) DTiVo 69hr TiVoHD 21HDhr
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
aaronwt
HD Addict

What cable provider? With FiOS I can swap cards all day between devices and I will be able to see any channel that doesn't require the card to be paired. With FiOS only HBO, Cinemax, and their test channels require pairing.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #3
cmshep222

That is not accurate at my end...Fios (in VA). The cards need to be paired to host_id etc to get any channel beyond locals. Local channels do show up w/out pairing. I just went through a big Cablecard pairing fiasco w/ Fios this week on my new Roamio.

Note, a couple years back...Fios had some sort of temporary waiver and did not have to pair cards. I used to be able to swap between devices, but changed a couple years back.
cmshep222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
moyekj

Since the card was already activated, non-CCI protected channels will tune fine. However, CCI protected channels won't tune without proper pairing.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
Rkkeller

With Comcast, I took the CC out of my Premier and put it in the Roamio and got all the channels except premiums and On Demand.
Rkkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #6
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
What cable provider? With FiOS I can swap cards all day between devices and I will be able to see any channel that doesn't require the card to be paired. With FiOS only HBO, Cinemax, and their test channels require pairing.
Wide open west. No premium channels

Roamio Basic 477HDHr TiVo Prem.4 237HDHr TiVo Prem.XL 157HDHr TiVo Prem. 192HDHrx2 TiVo Mini

Retired
TiVoS2DT 560hr HDVR2 104hr Phillips 14hr TiVoS2(40hr) DTiVo 69hr TiVoHD 21HDhr
HeatherA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #7
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkkeller View Post
With Comcast, I took the CC out of my Premier and put it in the Roamio and got all the channels except premiums and On Demand.
That normal for Comcast.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #8
ThreeSoFar
FourNow...WaitFive

Also Comcast, Baltimore City, swapped card in, worked moments later. I did it during the guided setup. Same GS that installed on the new blank 3TB drive I swapped in. More notes here: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...99#post9804199
ThreeSoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmshep222 View Post
That is not accurate at my end...Fios (in VA). The cards need to be paired to host_id etc to get any channel beyond locals. Local channels do show up w/out pairing. I just went through a big Cablecard pairing fiasco w/ Fios this week on my new Roamio.

Note, a couple years back...Fios had some sort of temporary waiver and did not have to pair cards. I used to be able to swap between devices, but changed a couple years back.
FiOS here in northern Va only requires the card to be activated. I've moved cards many times and most recently when I received my ROamio. Just putting the card in the Roamio and I could see all channels except HBO and Cinemax(and the test channels) But once the card was paired, I could then also see HBO and CInemax. I did this with both cable cards I had with the same result.

Now with local channels, the card doesn't even need to be activated and those will come in. I found this out after the FIOS tech de-activated my cable card when trying to pair it. After it was de-activated the only channels that could be received were the local ones.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #10
redrum3

good to know
redrum3 is offline   Reply With Quote