TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
farmermac
Super user

Tivo premiere sale anywhere?

Now that the roamio is out, has there been any firesale clearance on the tivo premieres anywhere? I bought a $49 tivo premiere last year when the elite was rebranded to xl4. Looking for similar deal
Old 09-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
mack1951

I got a Tivo premiere 4 and a Tivo stream for $150.00 at Woot on September 1st. That was one day only but if they didn't sell out might come up again.
mack1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #3
buscuitboy

$40 4-tuner Premiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mack1951 View Post
I got a Tivo premiere 4 and a Tivo stream for $150.00 at Woot on September 1st. That was one day only but if they didn't sell out might come up again.
Yea, I got in on this (4-tuner) deal & hopefully they will have it again. Then wound up selling my 2-tuner on ebay (that it replaced) for about $50. Since I have no use for it right now (due to no android support yet), I also dumped the bundled & brand new stream device on ebay for about $80.

After shipping, ebay and paypal fees, the net cost of my 4-tuner Premiere was probably about $40. Not too shabby.

Last edited by buscuitboy : 09-17-2013 at 11:44 AM.
buscuitboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #4
drebbe
Carbon Blob

There are used Premieres with lifetime for sale for less than the price of lifetime even assuming MSD. Why wouldn't you just buy one of those?
drebbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
waterchange

Consider buying a used one with lifetime service on it? These are available and relatively cheap now that lots of people are upgrading to Roamios.
waterchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
farmermac
Super user

Quote:
Originally Posted by drebbe View Post
There are used Premieres with lifetime for sale for less than the price of lifetime even assuming MSD. Why wouldn't you just buy one of those?
I buy them in bulk for $50 for parts (hard drives, remotes, power supplies)
Old 09-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #7
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Why? Do you repair them for others? It's not like anything on the Premiere is going to fail other than the drive, and it's better to just upgrade that to a new one anyway.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #8
fivedvrs

Woot has Premieres for less than TiVo.com

Woot has Premieres bundled with a Tivo stream in thier Tech Woot section for $149 or $249 depending on the model. The Xl4's are refurbs though.

These boxes are in a subsection titled Tech Fall Garage Sale.
1 Tivo Series 2 540
1 ReplayTV 5040
fivedvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:02 AM   #9
replaytv
deadbeat doofus

There was a used working Premiere for sale for 99 cents on eBay last week and it didn't sell. Shipping was $20 I think.
You can get a used Premier for $20 here in Denver. I bought one with TiVo G wireless for $30 if I remember correctly.
http://boulder.craigslist.org/ele/3994181159.html
replaytv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #10
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by replaytv View Post
There was a used working Premiere for sale for 99 cents on eBay last week and it didn't sell. Shipping was $20 I think.
You can get a used Premier for $20 here in Denver. I bought one with TiVo G wireless for $30 if I remember correctly.
I sold one on E-Bay for $47 inc S&H

Old 09-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #11
atmuscarella

Quote:
Originally Posted by replaytv View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
I sold one on E-Bay for $47 inc S&H
Makes perfect sense to me. Without lifetime service pre-Roamio TiVo's are basically for parts or subbing into an existing low cost payment plan. At least I wouldn't buy one to put regular cost service on.
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #12
gigaguy

Newbie, checking out TiVo.
I'm getting a free, used Premiere... I say free cause it included the slide remote (with BT dongle) which, alone, are selling for more than I paid for the set, with the orig remote too.
Hopefully, if I upgrade to Roamio, I will then be eligible for lifetime discount if I decide to go long term TiVo...
gigaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #13
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigaguy View Post
Newbie, checking out TiVo.
I'm getting a free, used Premiere... I say free cause it included the slide remote (with BT dongle) which, alone, are selling for more than I paid for the set, with the orig remote too.
Hopefully, if I upgrade to Roamio, I will then be eligible for lifetime discount if I decide to go long term TiVo...
If you have the Premiere subscribed on a month to month basis (or lifetimed), then that's the "anchor unit" for any Multi-Set Discount on any subs on any other TiVos, including the $100 discount on lifetime on a second unit, but of course that means paying the non-discounted rate on the anchor unit.

Once a second unit is lifetimed, it's lifetimed, but a second unit on a discounted per month sub needs the first unit to stay on your account to keep the discount on the monthly.

You might want to wait until we get reports of people buying Roamios getting the $99 lifetime deal on their old Premieres before buying anything newer than that Premiere.

So far that deal has only been available to Premiere buyers on their old Series 3 (and a few Series 2) units.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #14
jalaram

Unfortunately, I have a non-Lifetime Premiere and will be moving to Canada soon. I could use it for OTA, but don't think that it's worth it. So, selling it for $50 or less seems to be the only option.
jalaram is offline   Reply With Quote