So, I've gone through a pretty exhaustive troubleshooting with TiVo and they are prepared to exchange out my box, but I'm really trying to avoid that because of Cable Card pairing issues, content on the box, and that its a general time sink to stand up a new TiVo.
Not to mention...I really don't think this is a hardware issue.
Here's the deal.
When using the HD Menu Search, I cannot find some programs after my TiVo phones home overnight. Basically, they vanish each morning. However, I CAN find those programs using the standard SD Title Search, but NOT using the SD Swivel Search. Once I do a force-connect to TiVo's servers I can find all programming for several hours, possibly until the next auto connect.
Here is a specific example:
- I have a season pass for Dexter
- I search for Dexter using HD Search, it doesn't find anything.
- I go into my Season Pass for Dexter and list upcoming episodes. They display, but indicate that they "are not available for recording"
- I go into the Grid-Guide and manually find that same Episode and am able to set TiVo to record it.
- If I do a title search from SD Menus, it finds the episode just fine.
- If I do a force connect, the previously missing or unavailable episode is both found and is available for recording via season pass upcoming episodes.
Now, this doesn't just happen with Dexter, but it was a convenient example. It does appear to only affect National programs as opposed to those that are are available on local affiliates like CW, ABC, FOX, etc.
So, I'm wondering if the HD search is going to TiVo's servers to get the programs and getting fouled up somehow. I only noticed this over the past week or so, but suppose it could have been going on longer.
Finally, I have redone a Guided Setup with a bogus zip code to wipe out all programming information and then redid it again with my real zip code. This had no effect.
I have not tried a complete restore as that, has generally bricked my TiVos in the past and I might as well just go the exchange route at that point.
OK TiVo community...you are my last bastion...please come through for me :-)