TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
tvmaster2

TiVo Premiere green screen help

for the second time in as many months, my Premiere is green-screening. Each time, I filled about half of the drives capacity, and then crash time.

The drive is a WD 1 TB AV series drive, which is a replacement of the original, 320mb drive which failed.

I used an image found here, and then updated, etc.

Question: is there a technical reason why the drive, or the TiVo software, may invoke errors when 500mb is used up, as I can't see why the drive would error being 50% full.

I'd like to try one more time, but am nervous there's some reason the green-screen keeps happening which I don't understand...

for example, could a bad tuning adapter, or cable card cause errors on the drive somehow....or a failing power supply....how can you eliminate all the possibilities? If I run the WD drive software, and it comes back fine, then what - could it be a heat problem as well?

thanks

Last edited by tvmaster2 : 09-08-2013 at 10:53 AM. Reason: addition
tvmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote