TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
gatorbait

Roamio TiVo Remote Missing Key Punches

I have the Roamio in the basement and was excited to see that RF was added to the remote this go around.

I have used a Next Generation remote control extender with my TiVo's in the past and never had a problem.

With the Roamio I am missing key punches using the "native RF" or when I switch to IR and use the extender.

I have noticed that as soon as I push a button the emitter on the top of the remote flashes either red or yellow immediately. Red always fails. Yellow always works.

Anyone else seeing behavior like this or have a suggestion how I can correct the issue?
gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #2
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

If the Roamio remote flashes Red it is operating in IR Mode and is unable to connect via RF. If the remote does this in line of site w/ the Roamio it is not properly paired.

If it flashes Yellow it is communicating w/ the Roamio in RF Mode.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote