TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-18-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
brianric

Big Brother 15 Finale 09-18-13

No surprise, either on winner or America's Favorite. Elissa should be saying thank you Rachel and CBS. Talk about a sure thing.

I do believe Andy is very deserving of winning.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

live after finale interviews with jeff are still streaming. so far david, jeremy, nick, kaitlin, howard, jesse, and candice have completed, so many more left:
http://www.cbs.com/connect/events/1000053/

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #3
gweempose

As I said in the last thread, if Andy made it to to the final two, he was a lock. The only thing I didn't predict was that Judd voted against him. I thought it was going to be 8-1, with only Aaryn voting for GM.

Poor GM. Could her answers to the jury be any worse? When they asked her what was the toughest challenge she faced in the house, I immediately turned to my wife and said, "She's going to say Nick leaving, even though that is an idiotic answer". Sure enough, that's exactly what she said. And her answer to Amanda's question was priceless. She literally couldn't come up with another single thing she accomplished other than getting Amanda evicted.

Although I'm glad she didn't win the game, it would have been a much more interesting finale if GM had won the final HoH. Her decision on who to take to the end would literally have been the difference between her winning and losing. I have a feeling she would have taken Spencer. I think they both realized that they didn't have a prayer against Andy.

Although it was a lame season, I have to give Andy props. The guy played a near flawless game. He was everybody's friend, he avoided getting blood on his hands, and he won all the key comps that he needed to down the stretch in order to assure his victory.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:10 AM   #4
Ment

Wonder what Andy is going to do with his winnings since he promised ten times a night to kill himself if Elissa won the 25k. Did not get Andy's stated reason for choosing GM, he never had a F2 deal with her. More Andy being Andy..

Its production so its expected, but I think the show did a poor job in explaining why so many HG intensely disliked Elissa on a personal level which translated to unwillingingness to work with her on a game level. Tried to pin the Rachel connection as the reason why but that wasn't it.

Aaryn's backyard interview had a cadre of her PR people thx mom and dad. She's going to have a hard time but she is young and I think she'll come out a better person at the end of it. Sounds like Aaryn and Candy squashed things.
Ment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:25 AM   #5
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I predicted the vote would be 7-2 for Andy. I figured GM would get Aaryn and one other vote. I wouldn't have guessed it would be Judd though.

GM's answers were so awkward and Andy's were so good. We all laughed when GM said "WOW!" after the Q/A session ended. So she knew Andy had totally dominated that.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #6
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Kudos to Andy for winning. I don't like that way of winning, but with this bunch that was the best way, especially aligning himself with Amanda, since she was so self centered and wrapped up in her own game she had no clue what Andy was doing. I was a bit surprised he took GM instead of Spencer because I don't think Spencer had ANY game play to point to while GM COULD say she masterminded the move of the game (which of course she didn't!), but it worked out. I too was surprised at Judd's vote, I picked 8-1, but Judd always seemed to play his own game.

Was there any more of a lock than Elissa winning the $25k? They might as well had just said, "Elissa, here's the money we promised you. As for why they hated her, I think that she was Rachel's sister played a lot into it. I also think her holier than thou attitude also played into it.

I was glad they at least brought up the racism, but they really soft soaped it. I'm not sure, with the time allotted, they could have done much more.

You have to think, if it was Jeff Probst instead of Julie Chen handling the interviews at the end, Nick would have been asked if he had any feelings for GM.

Meh season, hopefully next season is better.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:14 AM   #7
andyw715

Meh, you would think they would at least do the finale in HD.
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #8
2004raptor

Can't stand Andy but in he end I guess his game play was superior. Gm is was terrible at explaining...anything.

I wish they would have done the competitions in 30-45 minutes and let them do more q&a. But they do the same thing every year and the end seems rushed.

Spencer obviously has no memory of his comments in the house.
2004raptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #9
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Perhaps every season of Big Brother (and maybe even Survivor ) should end with an ambassador for America encouraging the jury to vote for a particular person. I bet Dan is thinking "Where were you last year?" Sure it's jury tampering, but at least it's tampering we can see and not the usual shady off camera stuff. I didn't care for it, but I'm not going to get worked up about it in this case.

Man, Spencer had a bad night. First getting kicked out of the house at the last moment after three months and being left with nothing. Then Julie's initial line of questioning amounted to "Didn't you just get played for a fool?" and 'Aren't you in emotional pain right now?" Then getting singled out to answer a curious question about national headline making comments, only to be left hanging by a laughing Julie when he asked her if he did something wrong.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #10
jcondon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post

Was there any more of a lock than Elissa winning the $25k? They might as well had just said, "Elissa, here's the money we promised you. As for why they hated her, I think that she was Rachel's sister played a lot into it. I also think her holier than thou attitude also played into it.
Compared to a good chunk of the people in the house the last month or so I would have to say she IS a better person then most of them. The crap that came out of Aaryn, Amanda, Andy, GM, and Spencer mouths truly showed the character of these people. If you didn't watch the feeds or After Dark stuff you might not have gotten a full picture on some these people. Some truly vile people.

Lame apology by Aaryn both when she got evicted and last night. Spencer lame response to Howard.

She I am sure is no saint but I am glad she was there to annoy these people.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:53 AM   #11
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

I watched the live feeds and Elissa was my least favorite person of the season. And that's saying something.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #12
late for dinner
Past Expiration Date

have they published any interviews with the houseguests that address their comments?
Old 09-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #13
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondon View Post
Compared to a good chunk of the people in the house the last month or so I would have to say she IS a better person then most of them. The crap that came out of Aaryn, Amanda, Andy, GM, and Spencer mouths truly showed the character of these people. If you didn't watch the feeds or After Dark stuff you might not have gotten a full picture on some these people. Some truly vile people.
There's a difference between being a better person than others and ACTING like you THINK you're a better person. Elissa's problem, to me, was she was far from humble.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #14
Alfer
WOOSAH!

Congrats to Andy. He was very concise and polished for the final phase of interviews etc. He explained himself well and made a good case for why he deserved to win over GM.

And yes GM was just a scattered mess in the end. Couldn't explain herself out of a box.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall as all the folks who made the racist etc comments this season meet up with reality and in some cased discover they are without jobs/friends etc due to their actions.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #15
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

last night's interviews with jeff schroeder (bb 11 & 13) following the show were one after another "i apologize if anyone was offended", "comments were taken out of context", and "there's only love in my heart". then, add elissa's "thank-you america for loving me so much".

it sounded like they were coached. i wonder, how long this season will take to sink in with this crew, or if they will ever get it? maybe when they call into work...

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
Old 09-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #16
gweempose

Is it really shocking that most of the houseguests disliked Elissa? Here was a girl that was only on the show because of her sister. Right off the bat, this separated her from everyone else. To make matters worse, she never acted like she was in any way grateful for the opportunity. In fact, it was quite the opposite. From the moment she entered the house, she gave off a vibe that she was above the game. I've also heard rumors that she bragged to the others about how she was given a larger stipend to be on the show. If this is true, then she's an even bigger idiot than I thought.
(3) Minis

Old 09-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #17
KRS
Mmm...invisible cola

My least favorite houseguest won. What a crap season.

Priceless comment from my wife as we watched the roller skating challenge: "What is he wearing? Andy is an embarrassment to the gay community - he dresses like a toddler."
O RLY?

360: Bees Tea Boys
Wii: 6028 2014 9605 5661
KRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #18
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post

Priceless comment from my wife as we watched the roller skating challenge: "What is he wearing? Andy is an embarrassment to the gay community - he dresses like a toddler."
Yeah, that outfit was, unique to say the least.
(3) Minis

Old 09-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #19
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS View Post
My least favorite houseguest won. What a crap season.

He has dressed like a little boy the whole season. I have come to call him Opie, because he looks like Ron Howard in the Andy Griffith Show days.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #20
Alfer
WOOSAH!

He reminded me of a blend of Pee Wee Herman and Howdy Doody.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #21
markz
Hilarity Ensues

This has been my least favorite season. I almost ditched it after the first couple of episodes.

There were so many vile people in this house. I only liked Judd, Helen, and Jessie (mainly to look at in Jessie's case).

All the racism and sexism really turned me off. I don't ever remember there being that much of it in the past seasons.

Andy annoyed me, but he did play the best game in my opinion.

Elissa annoyed me less than Rachel did. She didn't add anything to the show other than drama, but I think that was mainly due to who the drama was with. There would have been drama no matter who was there with Amanda!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #22
ireland967

In the early and mid parts of this season Andy's gameplay annoyed the hell out of me, bouncing back and forth between alliances and feeding off each side. It was certainly effective, McCrae might have made it close if he made it to the finals, but once he was gone it was pretty clear Andy would have a cakewalk to the win.
ireland967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #23
andyw715

Speaking of Jessie...she looked really good last night.
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #24
Shaunnick

I always thought Jessie was very attractive. Not as attractive as she thought she was in the first episode. I would call her hawt by Tennessee standards.
Shaunnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #25
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by late for dinner View Post
have they published any interviews with the houseguests that address their comments?
here's the best i've found so far:
http://www.etonline.com/tv/138603_Bi...E=&itmCnt=Mg==

Old 09-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #26
late for dinner
Past Expiration Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
thanks!
Old 09-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #27
gweempose

Here's the EW podcast where they interview Andy, GM and Spencer ...

http://pdl-stream.timeinc.net/EW/pod...0130919_dl.mp3
(3) Minis

Old 09-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #28
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
They kept saying Spencer got fired. As of yet he hasn't been fired.
JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #29
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
They kept saying Spencer got fired. As of yet he hasn't been fired.
on the front page. in the interview with spencer:

Quote:
ETonline: But you said a lot of controversial things as well, and as a result, your company released a statement distancing themselves from you. What's your reaction to that?

Spencer: My union is involved with this, and I'm extremely apologetic for the things I said. I love my job and want to keep it. Sometimes you just make stupid jokes. It was almost like a fraternity house in there -- anything goes, and whether that's right or not, I made some bad judgment calls and I hope the company will take me back. I am a good employee.
sounds like spence thinks so, too.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #30
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ment View Post
Did not get Andy's stated reason for choosing GM, he never had a F2 deal with her. More Andy being Andy..
Actually he did. They made a "Pinky promise" on the very first day (as per Hasmterwatch.com)
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote