TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
jmeray

Transfer show from other tivo, shows wrong show name

So I have a roamio plus, I transfer a show called "ABC" from my series-2-tivo to the roamio. While transferring, it shows it in-progress, however it shows it with the name of some other show "XYZ" in the MyShows listing as being transferred. Once done, I watch it, and it's the "ABC" show as expected. But it has the wrong name, and description.
Anybody else see this problem?
I go view it on the series2 and it's named correctly with proper description.
It doesn't happen on EVERY transferred show.
Help?

jmeray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:32 AM   #2
ggieseke

When a Series 2 does a direct TiVo-TiVo transfer a lot of the metadata gets lost, although it usually gets the show name and description right on older models.

Try using pyTivo or TiVo Desktop to transfer the file to your computer first, and then from the computer to the Roamio.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
jmeray

Thanks for the response.
I have transferred hundreds of shows series2 to series2 and never had a single show provide wrong title or description data. But the roamio transferred "Marvel agents of shield" over with the name and description for "Dancing with the stars". This makes no sense, and has to be a bug.
Has anyone else experienced this?
I appreciate the possible workaround, but since series2-to-series2 xferred flawlessly, I have to try and determine if roamio has a bug that needs fixing overall, or if this problem is only happening to me.
Anyone else?
jmeray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #4
bmgoodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeray View Post
Thanks for the response.
I have transferred hundreds of shows series2 to series2 and never had a single show provide wrong title or description data. But the roamio transferred "Marvel agents of shield" over with the name and description for "Dancing with the stars". This makes no sense, and has to be a bug.
Has anyone else experienced this?
I appreciate the possible workaround, but since series2-to-series2 xferred flawlessly, I have to try and determine if roamio has a bug that needs fixing overall, or if this problem is only happening to me.
Anyone else?
FWIW, I transferred a bunch of shows from a Tivo S3 OLED to the Roamio Pro with no issues.

Out of curiousity, did you also happen to transfer Dancing with the Stars? Meaning, did it grab the wrong titles from existing recordings?
bmgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote