TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-01-2016, 10:39 PM   #1
dezmick

Skip

Why are CBS shows not being recorded with the ability to skip commercials, almost all of the shows on CBS that i record are not allowing the function to work, and some of the shows on the other major networks are doing the same thing.

dezmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:14 PM   #2
Chevelleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmick View Post
Why are CBS shows not being recorded with the ability to skip commercials, almost all of the shows on CBS that i record are not allowing the function to work, and some of the shows on the other major networks are doing the same thing.
The first thing to check is if your on Comast
If yes then check if CBS was converted to MPEG-4.
If yes on that them you can say good bye to skip mode until maybe the next software update.

Note: if you don't know how to check if your channels are MPEG-4 go to your CBS channel then TiVo diagnostics under Accounts then find that channel # and look under Video PID. If it says H.264 it is MPEG-4.

Chevelleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:46 AM   #3
Teeps

What programs?
Skip worked for Amazing Race Friday...

Teeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:23 PM   #4
mattack

actually, it didn't work for me on amazing race this week, though has in the past.

mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:43 PM   #5
hummingbird_206

I've noticed Skip has stopped working on several channels for me. At first I thought it was just CBS (Madam Secretary, The Good Wife, and NCIS) but just now noticed that skip didn't work on Marvel's Agents of Shield either. I checked the channels, none are mpeg4 and all have the skip icon next to them in the list of recorded shows. Skip worked great for me when I first got the 20.5.whatever s/w update, but now doesn't seem to be working at all.

eta: This on a Roamio Plus.

hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM   #6
hybucket

I also find shows that occasionally do not have the SKIP function. And yet, for the past couple of nights, I've had JEOPARDY with SKIP enabled, and it's not even a network show! Not a deal killer not to have the function...just curious the way it seems to work.

hybucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:25 AM   #7
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybucket View Post
I also find shows that occasionally do not have the SKIP function. And yet, for the past couple of nights, I've had JEOPARDY with SKIP enabled, and it's not even a network show! Not a deal killer not to have the function...just curious the way it seems to work.
I'm at a complete loss. Last night I recorded The Late Show on two Roamio boxes. One had SM, one did not. I give up.

JoeKustra is online now   Reply With Quote