TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-20-2015, 09:54 PM   #1
dbpaddler

Can't create OnePass for Modern Family or Last Man Standing on ABC

So I'm setting up One Pass for the new tv season. I get to channel 6 and find Modern Family and Last Man Standing. I click on One Pass, options and when I go to channel, channel 6 doesn't show up. I get USA and 17 (all the old seasons), but I don't get the abc station even though that is the selection I used to create the one pass. Tried it for Modern Family and no dice. But I can record the episode on its own. I got to Last Man Standing and the same thing.

I go to Shark Tank, and it sees it on channel 6 just fine to create a one pass. Every other show on ABC and other channels are just fine. Just those two specific shows. I manually selected to record the first two episodes just fine. But on one pass it just won't see the ABC channel.

Why can I not create a one pass for those two specific shows?

Add Family Guy to that on Fox.

Last edited by dbpaddler; 09-20-2015 at 10:11 PM.
dbpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 06:47 AM   #2
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpaddler View Post
So I'm setting up One Pass for the new tv season. I get to channel 6 and find Modern Family and Last Man Standing. I click on One Pass, options and when I go to channel, channel 6 doesn't show up. I get USA and 17 (all the old seasons), but I don't get the abc station even though that is the selection I used to create the one pass. Tried it for Modern Family and no dice. But I can record the episode on its own. I got to Last Man Standing and the same thing.

I go to Shark Tank, and it sees it on channel 6 just fine to create a one pass. Every other show on ABC and other channels are just fine. Just those two specific shows. I manually selected to record the first two episodes just fine. But on one pass it just won't see the ABC channel.

Why can I not create a one pass for those two specific shows?

Add Family Guy to that on Fox.
Please see this:http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=531953

It's not just a Roamio issue so I started it in the Coffee House area.

JoeKustra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:23 PM   #3
Old Hickory

Are those channels standard def? Perhaps you have HD checked on the One Pass and the channel numbers don't apply?

Old Hickory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:35 PM   #4
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hickory View Post
Are those channels standard def? Perhaps you have HD checked on the One Pass and the channel numbers don't apply?
It doesn't matter. You can't use TiVo Online either.

Old 09-22-2015, 07:17 PM   #5
innocentfreak

I posted a possible workaround in the other thread which might help those with the issue.

Try searching for the show. Instead of picking create a OnePass, pick upcoming or Episodes. Episodes is easier if lots of repeats. Pick the last season and new episode. Then try and create a OnePass from that screen. It should default to the channel the program is airing on.

For example, search Family Guy, pick episodes, select Season 14 and then select episode one. It should take you to the detail page where you can create a OnePass with the correct channel. After creating the OnePass view upcoming or check To Do and make sure it is set.

Just report back if it works for you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 07:53 PM   #6
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentfreak View Post
I posted a possible workaround in the other thread which might help those with the issue.

Try searching for the show. Instead of picking create a OnePass, pick upcoming or Episodes. Episodes is easier if lots of repeats. Pick the last season and new episode. Then try and create a OnePass from that screen. It should default to the channel the program is airing on.

For example, search Family Guy, pick episodes, select Season 14 and then select episode one. It should take you to the detail page where you can create a OnePass with the correct channel. After creating the OnePass view upcoming or check To Do and make sure it is set.

Just report back if it works for you.
If you tell me it works with Criminal Minds I will do it.

Doesn't work for me.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:17 PM   #7
BCA

Try this: I had the same issue, used the workaround above (thanks), but went to Episodes, the last season (7 for Modern Family), Episode 1, OnePass, then Selected Record "New only" (to rule out the syndication channels USA, etc.), ALL channels (to get 506 ABC in Philly, even though it's not one of the Channel options listed, which is bizarre), Get in HD ALWAYS (to rule out the SD channels). Checked the upcoming episodes and the next episode on 506 ABC is the first episode checked to record.

BCA is offline   Reply With Quote