TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-20-2014, 09:42 PM   #1
UCLABB

Thumbs down Why roll out a major change in the middle of the day?

Charter went to all digital this afternoon. Of course it screwed up the tuning adapter. I'm in the middle of a couple of recordings so I don't want to reboot. Meanwhile I have the "this channel can't be tuned" message plastered over the show that is tuned just fine.

On my other TiVo there are channel glitches such as the guide and channel not agreeing with what is actually playing.

Just needed to vent.
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:42 PM   #2
rainwater

It is doubtful that it is a tuning adapter issue. It should of got the list of channels the same time as the Charter deployed boxes. You need to force a connection and see if the correct channels are updated. If not, you need to run guided setup and select the alternate lineup (sometimes called "Rebuild").
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:35 AM   #3
UCLABB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainwater View Post
It is doubtful that it is a tuning adapter issue. It should of got the list of channels the same time as the Charter deployed boxes. You need to force a connection and see if the correct channels are updated. If not, you need to run guided setup and select the alternate lineup (sometimes called "Rebuild").
You are right, the channels seem to be there, but the guide is wrong. Did a guided setup and now it is partly correct- some new channels added in NEW slots. However, the channels that changed numbers are still all wrong.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:49 AM   #4
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLABB View Post
You are right, the channels seem to be there, but the guide is wrong. Did a guided setup and now it is partly correct- some new channels added in NEW slots. However, the channels that changed numbers are still all wrong.
You probably need to redo guided setup and don't accept the default lineup. Many areas get a new alternate lineup for the digital transition. You will need to select that one. Of course it is possible that they just don't have the lineup correct yet, however, most places Tribune was on the ball and had the lineup ready on time.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:54 AM   #5
UCLABB

Quote:
You probably need to redo guided setup and don't accept the default lineup. Many areas get a new alternate lineup for the digital transition. You will need to select that one. Of course it is possible that they just don't have the lineup correct yet, however, most places Tribune was on the ball and had the lineup ready on time.
I didn't see an opportunity to select an alternate lineup when I did the gs. As I recall, it went from zip code to provider and then asked if I got a couple of channels.

I noted that the box is due to connect this AM, so I'll check to see if anything happens. If not, I'll do another gs.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #6
rainwater

Quote:
I didn't see an opportunity to select an alternate lineup when I did the gs. As I recall, it went from zip code to provider and then asked if I got a couple of channels.
Yes, when you get asked, say no. Then you should be prompted with a list of lineups to choose from.

Alternatively, you can go here, click on the location button, and enter your zip. Then you can see if there is a "Rebuild" lineup for your location.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #7
UCLABB

Quote:
Yes, when you get asked, say no. Then you should be prompted with a list of lineups to choose from.

Alternatively, you can go here, click on the location button, and enter your zip. Then you can see if there is a "Rebuild" lineup for your location.
Yes, Zap2it shows a rebuild lineup. So, are you saying that when they ask if I get this channel, I say no? I did that when I ran the GS last night and never got a screen giving me an alternative. I'll try again this AM. If no dice this AM, should I contact TiVo as maybe they don't have it?
Old 05-21-2014, 01:54 PM   #8
rainwater

Quote:
Yes, Zap2it shows a rebuild lineup. So, are you saying that when they ask if I get this channel, I say no? I did that when I ran the GS last night and never got a screen giving me an alternative. I'll try again this AM. If no dice this AM, should I contact TiVo as maybe they don't have it?
It should show up during Guided Setup. If it shows up on Tribune's site, then there is usually only a few hours before it will show up on TiVo's servers. I forget the exact steps, but when you say no, there is a way to get it to show the list of lineups available. And then you just select the rebuild lineup.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:19 PM   #9
UCLABB

Quote:
It should show up during Guided Setup. If it shows up on Tribune's site, then there is usually only a few hours before it will show up on TiVo's servers. I forget the exact steps, but when you say no, there is a way to get it to show the list of lineups available. And then you just select the rebuild lineup.
Thanks, Rainwater. Got to the rebuild and I'm waiting on the download.