TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
johnddx

"This program was not recorded because it was no longer ..." on Sunday NFL Countdown

This morning I expected to wake up and watch Sunday NFL Countdown, but was shocked to see that Tivo was no recording it. I checked the recording history, and saw the entry where it was supposed to record, but it simply said "Not recorded", explaining "This program was not recorded because it was no longer in the program guide."

I checked the Guide, and the show "Sunday NFL Countdown" indeed is appearing on 2 HD channels, including the one I had a season pass for and was showing "Not Recorded". Okay, it's already playing, so I started recording it, and set up a NEW season pass.

I checked in on the OLD season pass, and selected "View Upcoming Episodes", and it showed "no upcoming episodes". I checked the NEW season pass, and it shows "3 upcoming episodes". Side-by-side, these season passes are identical, I can't tell them apart except for the number of episodes upcoming (even in the "new runs only" setting).

So what's wrong with the OLD season pass, why did it break down all of a sudden? I originally created the season pass by searching by title and picking a channel from the showings available. Now, there is a show by the same name, frequency, newness, on the same channel, and Tivo decided it was not the same series. And it thinks there is a new series on at the same time with the same name.

I don't get it. It's like there was some kind of hidden show-id change--which I shouldn't have to care about--taking place behind the scenes. Such ids should never be for differentiating shows with the same name as being different (since they aren't how I identify a show), they should only identify shows with different names as being the same.
johnddx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:52 AM   #2
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

I've seen the exact same thing happen with Mythbusters earlier this year, and I can't explain it either. Deleting and re-adding the SP fixes it, so as you said something hidden in the show info is throwing Tivo off.

Bad bug IMO, because recording should be a rock-solid, taken for granted function. Good thing it's rare.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
mattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnddx View Post
This morning I expected to wake up and watch Sunday NFL Countdown, but was shocked to see that Tivo was no recording it. I checked the recording history, and saw the entry where it was supposed to record, but it simply said "Not recorded", explaining "This program was not recorded because it was no longer in the program guide."
I'm not denying that there are bugs here, but did it possibly change time slots?

It seems to me like sometimes things like this happen when a show changes time slots very close to when it airs (i.e. the Tivo finishes chewing through the newly downloaded guide data near when it airs). I am HYPOTHESIZING about this.. I saw a similar thing happen yesterday with a different show that moved up a half an hour (but it did record), the 'other' one still was in the show recording history though.

It's really confusing IMHO that you can still enter the _wrong_ one and try to get it to record.. when it's in the future that is.. E.g. a show was originally going to air at 8pm, then it moves to 8:30pm. You can still enter the future 8pm one and tell it to record.. and it will record the wrong thing at 8pm, even though the guide data knows it really isn't on at 8pm anymore.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #4
aridon

Don't mean to necro this thread but this just happened to me.

This just happened to me with the following shows:

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey: "The Immortals"
Family Guy
Spongbob

Very annoying.
aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:07 AM   #5
tenthplanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aridon View Post
Don't mean to necro this thread but this just happened to me.

This just happened to me with the following shows:

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey: "The Immortals"
Family Guy
Spongbob

Very annoying.
Could be something going on with guide data, I've seen a similar issue with cable co. dvr's sometimes.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #6
Diana Collins

I have seen this on DVRs from virtually every vendor. What happens is that Season Passes actually are based on a program's ID number, which is part of the guide data. Every so often something happens to change the IDs. This can be anything from a lineup change by the cable or satellite company, to a change by the content provider, to somebody just entering data incorrectly. The key symptom is that creating a new SP seems to work fine, while the old one shows no programs (because it is linked to the old, now invalid, program ID). FWIW, I've seen this most often on Fox channels.
Diana Collins is offline   Reply With Quote