TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-13-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
bartman1956

Tivo to TiVo Transfer Problems

I jsut replaced a Series 2 with another Series 2. On the one I installed. When I record a shows (I have tried a number of different ones), if I try transferring it to another TIVO, the shows always have a red x next to them and it won't allow the shows to be transferred. I can record the same shows on other TIVOs so it is not a copyright issue, but I am stuck and haven't been able to receive an answere from TIVO support as how to fix the problem.

I would appreciate some help if anyone knows the solution.
bartman1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman1956 View Post
I jsut replaced a Series 2 with another Series 2. On the one I installed. When I record a shows (I have tried a number of different ones), if I try transferring it to another TIVO, the shows always have a red x next to them and it won't allow the shows to be transferred. I can record the same shows on other TIVOs so it is not a copyright issue, but I am stuck and haven't been able to receive an answere from TIVO support as how to fix the problem.

I would appreciate some help if anyone knows the solution.
More details might help.

Model number of previous S2, model number of current S2, which cable company in which market, is the new S2 attached to your account at tivo.com and have you gone there and enable transfers and stuff?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #3
bartman1956

I am using Comcast cable provider. Yes The TIVO is registered and the video transfer is enabled.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:59 PM   #4
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman1956 View Post
I am using Comcast cable provider. Yes The TIVO is registered and the video transfer is enabled.
And it's just analog cable, no cable boxes, converters, or cable cards involved?

And what model numbers are those S2s?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:14 AM   #5
bartman1956

It is digital cable. I can transfer shows from my other 2 Tivos( 1 is another Series 2 and the other one is A TIVO Preimere) I just can't transfer from the one I connected to the other TIVos). I ustilize a Pace branded Digital cable box if that is of any help. I had no problems wit the 1st Tivo 2 that I had connect to the cable box.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:03 AM   #6
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Is the replacement S2 the exact same model as the one that died?

Sounds like to me, the cable box is putting a macrovision signal on the output.
That will cause ALL recordings made from cable to show as copy protected.
If this is the case, you might try exchanging the Pace cable box for one of a different manufacturer (if that's even possible), or you might try to find one of those macrovision "filters" to put in the line between the cable box and your Tivo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote