TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-02-2016, 10:33 AM   #1
tabarnes19

Finding available tuner

Hi everyone. I have a new bolt setup with a mini in my bedroom wired with cat6e.

When I first set it up I could change channels quickly on the mini.

What I see now is when changing channels I get a 2 sec prompt saying finding available tuner before changing the channel.

Is this normal behavior?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

tabarnes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:38 AM   #2
FLEABttn

I had this too. It went away for me after I disabled power saving on my Bolt.

FLEABttn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:40 PM   #3
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19 View Post
Is this normal behavior?
Only if the host is in Standby mode. But it takes two to three seconds on my Mini. Standby mode always gives the tuner message for me.

JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:56 PM   #4
tabarnes19

My bolt seems to go into standby automatically when I turn off all devices with my harmony elite. Is there a way to prevent standby?

Old 02-03-2016, 07:00 AM   #5
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
My bolt seems to go into standby automatically when I turn off all devices with my harmony elite. Is there a way to prevent standby?

A TiVo never goes into Standby unless you put it there or if you have Power Saving enabled. Many people wish it would.

Old 02-03-2016, 08:14 AM   #6
FLEABttn

Standby is glitchy when using a Bolt with a Mini anyways, at least for me.

FLEABttn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:26 AM   #7
tabarnes19

I honestly don't know how it is going into standby. I checked the settings and they are default, so no standby. I'm guessing it's when I turn everything off with my harmony elite remote it'd putting the bolt in standby. I see the light go out in the front.

That explains why it searches for tuner at night in the bedroom and didn't do it when u was setting up. Last night I couldn't find a tuner kept giving me error v57, but would play recorded material. I went down stairs to check the bolt and it would come out of standby, had to power cycle.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:51 AM   #8
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
I honestly don't know how it is going into standby. I checked the settings and they are default, so no standby. I'm guessing it's when I turn everything off with my harmony elite remote it'd putting the bolt in standby. I see the light go out in the front.

That explains why it searches for tuner at night in the bedroom and didn't do it when u was setting up. Last night I couldn't find a tuner kept giving me error v57, but would play recorded material. I went down stairs to check the bolt and it would come out of standby, had to power cycle.

I agree on the Mini not liking a host in standby. If I do that the Mini will come on without audio most of the time, and I have to power cycle my TV.

To verify it's your remote, turn everything off manually. The TiVo never turns off. My measurements indicate 2 watts are saved in Standby, but others have reported the drive spins down. It may be the Mini making the difference.

Old 02-03-2016, 11:32 AM   #9
tabarnes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
I agree on the Mini not liking a host in standby. If I do that the Mini will come on without audio most of the time, and I have to power cycle my TV.

To verify it's your remote, turn everything off manually. The TiVo never turns off. My measurements indicate 2 watts are saved in Standby, but others have reported the drive spins down. It may be the Mini making the difference.
New to tivo, but when I press power on the harmony it turns everytbing off and the light goes off on the bolt.

Old 02-03-2016, 12:00 PM   #10
JoeKustra
Cable only

Quote:
New to tivo, but when I press power on the harmony it turns everytbing off and the light goes off on the bolt.

I do hope the TV and other stuff has a power button. There is none on the TiVo. Who programmed the remote? I have the LED on the TiVo disabled and a flat black cardboard panel blocking the front.

Old 02-03-2016, 08:16 PM   #11
tabarnes19

I went into the harmony remote software and set up so tivo is never shut off. Now it doesn't go into standby when I hit the power button.