TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-04-2013, 03:01 AM   #1
Dan203
Super Moderator

CableCARD pairing surprisingly smooth

So I went through GS first, selecting will add M card later. After it was done I got MoCa working, since I have my Elite setup as a MoCa bridge for my whole network. The I moved the CableCARD and TA from my Elite to my Roamio. At first it was only recognizing 4 tuners, so I rebooted the TA. After that all 6 tuners were working and I could tune everything except the premium channels. I called up Charter, explained that I was moving a CableCARD from 1 TiVo to another, and the woman on the phone said "Oh I'll have to get a super to unpair it first". That part took about 5 minutes of uncomfortable silence with and occasional "just another minute" form her. Once that finally got done she had me read off the new host and data and as soon as she entered it the first hit to the card took. I looked at the phone when I hung up and all in it took 14 minutes. Not bad considering some of the experiences I've had in the past.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:01 AM   #2
tim1724

Me too! Charter has always been horrible in the past (not knowing what a cablecard is, not knowing how to pair it, insisting that they send out a tech, etc.) but this time I had no problem at all. Even though I called at 11:30 PM Pacific time. Got a very helpful woman who knew what she was doing. There was some waiting involved while she took care of things, and then while I waited for the card to receive its authorization, but there was no hassle at all.

Charter really seems to be improving its customer service with regards to cablecard support.
tim1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
Goober96

I haven't received my Roamio yet but did have to call Charter today to repair a Premiere XL that I replaced the hard drive in. The call was less than 5 minutes and done. They have improved their cable card knowledge tremendously since the last time I had to deal with it. Two thumbs up for Charter!
Goober96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
severe

Came here today for exactly this bit of information.

Thanks for the heads up, Dan.
severe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
TivoQueensDad

Cablevision took like 10 minutes on the phone to get me up and running....

...and 4 hours later, most of my channels became "unauthorized".

...10 minutes on the phone, a reset at their end, and it's up and running, hopefully for good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Toshiba RS-TX20 (Retired after Tivo abandoned software updates)

Tivo Roamio Pro (lifetime)
Tivo Mini (lifetime)
TivoQueensDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #6
Millionaire2K

I got 2 TiVo's over the past month. Each only took 1 5-6 min call to Comcast. Everything works great. MUCH improved from past experiences.

I think with CC's being around for so long now companies know a lot more about them and workers are much more informed.

The Comcast rep knew all about the new Tivo's.
Millionaire2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
tbielowicz

Same here, 10 minutes and they transferred it to my Roamio without any issues.

Not like my Elite setup where a tech came by twice after trying 4 different cards.
tbielowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
Tex94

Very few issues with Comcast. Pulled the MCard from my old series 3, called and repaired it to the new unit. Probably took 10-15 minutes all in. Much better than my first cable card experience years ago!
Tex94 is offline   Reply With Quote