TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-03-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
macfactor

Networking Issue With Menus - Help!

My Roamio Plus is my first Tivo so I need a little help with a menu issue I am having.

I am getting both the C113 and C501 networking errors when accessing menus on regular basis. If I give it a minute it always comes back and everything is fine for a while. I thought it might be my network so I have spent the last two weeks trying to improve it but I have come to the realization that my network is fine.

I am running the Tivo on Wi-Fi but have an ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band Wireless-N900 and the Tivo is on the 5GHz side with 80% signal strength. I have tested the connection with several other devices and everything is supper fast. Also, when using Netflix the system is very fast and stable - no issues. So I know the network is fine.

Spoke with support and they wanted to blame the network but I am beginning to believe there might be a bigger issue.

What I need to know is if this is a common problem or if everyone else has really fast menus with no network issues?
macfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
Rkkeller

I didn't have menu problems, but my wifi connection had a couple problems so I hardwired it.

Can you try hard wiring it?
Rkkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
macfactor

cannot hard wire right now but I really don't see why this would be an issue since I have steady 30 megs down and 5 up on this connection.
macfactor is offline   Reply With Quote