TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 08-26-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Time Warner lineup change - DFW/North Texas

Today is the day that Time Warner rolled up their complete lineup change to the DFW/North Texas area.

TiVo is a total mess and doesn't seem to know about it. Hard to surf for channels up in areas where I never had channels. How long before the TiVo picks up all t the changes? Good thing that it's the dead of summer and I don't have much that gets recorded. Season Passes will be jacked up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #2
naranja

I repeated guided set up but am not getting any channels in HD. On hold with twc now waiting for them to bounce to tivo cs
naranja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #3
naranja

A reboot of the tuning adapter solved my no HD problem. 1) Unplug usb form back of TA. 2)Unplug power cord from TA and wait 50 seconds 3) Plug power into TA and wait for solid amber light. 4) Plug in USB into TA. Voila!
Old 08-26-2014, 01:49 PM   #4
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

re-ran guided setup but it came back with the same lineup. It didn't allow me to select a specific lineup. It just asked me "what is on channel 20"? "what is on channel 30"? All the channels were below 100. Those didn't change

How can I manually select a specific lineup instead of letting TiVO guess?

If I manually tune any channel, it works just fine. I just need to get the guide synced. Then I can worry about the Season Passes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:00 PM   #5
naranja

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
re-ran guided setup but it came back with the same lineup. It didn't allow me to select a specific lineup. It just asked me "what is on channel 20"? "what is on channel 30"? All the channels were below 100. Those didn't change

How can I manually select a specific lineup instead of letting TiVO guess?

If I manually tune any channel, it works just fine. I just need to get the guide synced. Then I can worry about the Season Passes
I'm having the exact same behavior on my Series 3 HD Tivo as you.

My Tivo Premier did get the correct guide info but the reboot of the tuning adapter did not fix the my no HD signal/picture.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:05 PM   #6
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

I'm on a Premier. Running guided setup again. Going to see if there is a way to manually select a lineup from a list.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #7
MeInDallas

It's been awhile since I had a Tivo hooked up so I forgot what the guided setup looks like. On my windows media center I was able to go in and select "Dallas Digital, Upgrade" and it gave me the new guide. Theres nothing in the setup that looks like that? Sorry I couldnt be more help
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 02:32 PM   #8
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

I figured out how to by pass the identify this channel thing and manually select a lineup. There various "rebuild" guides out there. I chose the Extended Basic Rebuild (or something like that). It presents the list of the channels. I spot checked it against what I got from TW's website. Looked good so I selected it. It's loading now. We'll see what happens.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #9
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

deleted... figured it out

Last edited by TIVO_GUY_HERE : 08-26-2014 at 03:15 PM.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 03:42 PM   #10
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

new lineup selected. The guide itself looks pretty good.

Season Pass manager? Mixed bag. It seems that shows recorded on networks moved to the proper 1200 series channel number. Other stuff? Still on their old channel numbers. Is this something that takes time to propagate? I can't seem to change a season pass setting to change the actual channel (thought you could do this).

Old 08-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #11
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

I just used 4 5 8 11 etc.. for network numbers, I have nothing in the 1000s

those channels are coming in HD
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:41 PM   #12
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

well.. Those season passes moved over OK to the 1200 range.. But I did notice that the channels in the below 100 range come in in HD for the networks like 5, 8, 11, etc.

I am wondering if my issues are HD related. It seems that TiVo doesn't think that the new numbers for Bravo and ESPN and AMC and the like are actually HD. If I go to the guide and select a program, nothing is marked HD. But the channel is coming in in HD. When I set the SP, it was set to record the HD version. Maybe it didn't move them because it doesn't think and HD version is available?

Old 08-26-2014, 06:19 PM   #13
huffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
I figured out how to by pass the identify this channel thing and manually select a lineup. There various "rebuild" guides out there. I chose the Extended Basic Rebuild (or something like that). It presents the list of the channels. I spot checked it against what I got from TW's website. Looked good so I selected it. It's loading now. We'll see what happens.
How did you bypass the automatic channel request and manually choose the lineup. The guided setup only asked re: the lower channels.
huffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #14
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffy View Post
How did you bypass the automatic channel request and manually choose the lineup. The guided setup only asked re: the lower channels.
At the screen before you start to tell it what channel you are watching, you see a description of what you are going to do. It's telling you that it will show you a channel and you tell TiVo what it is. AT the bottom of the screen, it says "Press Enter to go to advanced setup" (or something like that).

Press ENTER (not Select. ENTER). It takes you to a screen where you can select a lineup and review the channels in it prior to proceeding.

Old 08-27-2014, 01:26 PM   #15
naranja

Still having Tuning Adapter issues with my Tivo Premier since the channel change over. Unplugged I'm getting HD on my channels. Plugged in no HD on my channels. They are sending out a tech at the end of the week but I'd rather fix myself if possible. Would it be a waste of time to go pick up a replacement adapter or flip flopping adapters with my other tivo? Thanks.