Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #181
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I thought there would be a long discussion at how cold and heartless Hank was as he discussed Walt possibly killing Jesse. He and Skyler both crossed the same threshold (albeit from very different perspectives). But I was a lot more stunned by Hank's easy dismissal of Jesse's life's worth than with Skyler's.
At this point, Hank and Skyler have joined Walt (and Jesse) in the "broken bad" column (although I suppose Jesse was always there). Marie is straddling the line.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #182
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgickler View Post
One thing I am wondering about. When Jesse first entered the plaza, someone ran into him, I believe they had a blue hoodie on. When I first saw it, it looked a little like Todd. I actually rewound, and didn't see anything to indicate it was Meth Damon, so I just continued to watch the scene. But now I am wondering if maybe it was Todd and there was more to the scene then just Jesse bumping into a random guy.
FYP ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #183
Zevida
witless and unarmed

I don't really get the hate for Hank or that he has broken bad at all. He's a bit of a blowhard and he did two things that were not permitted for a cop but were perfectly understandable: beating up Jesse after being tricked about his wife being gravely injured in a car crash and putting a tracker on Gus's car. When he realized Walt was Heisenburg, he had no proof and might have broken DEA protocol, but didn't do anything illegal or immoral.

Not minding if Jesse dies is pretty cold, but not a whole lot different than what most cops would probably think in that situation. It is also not much different than the people rejoicing that Ariel Castro died or wishing he would be raped in prison.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #184
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

I like Hank as a character on the show.

but he put Jessie in the hospital. For no reason. He stalked the kid like a predator and beat him to within inches of his life. For no reason. I don't find that very understandable...ESPECIALLY for a cop.
MonsterJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #185
Zevida
witless and unarmed

For no reason? Jesse, a drug dealer he suspected of being part of the blue sky ring, was able to get Hank's personal cell phone number and made a call pretending to be a hospital indicating Marie was basically on her death bed. All to keep from getting busted.

That's messed up. I don't condone physical violence, but I think Hank's reaction was understandable.

- billypritchard
Old 09-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #186
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

But that's not what happened. Walt called Saul and Saul's secretary called Hank pretending to be the hospital. Jessie had nothing to do with it.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #187
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJoe View Post
But that's not what happened. Walt called Saul and Saul's secretary called Hank pretending to be the hospital. Jessie had nothing to do with it.
I don't remember the specifics, but did Hank just assume that Jesse was behind the call? Makes sense, as at the time he didn't know to suspect Walt.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:37 PM   #188
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
But Hank only knew Jesse was in the RV, and when he learned that the call about Marie was a hoax, and that the RV had been destroyed while he was at the hospital, he knew either that Jesse made the call, or had someone make it on his behalf. So even thought Walt actually arranged the call, it was a reasonable assumption on Hank's part that Jesse was involved. It never occurred to Hank that Heisenberg was actually in the RV with Jesse at the time.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #189
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Hank owes Jesse an apology.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #190
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevida View Post
That's messed up. I don't condone physical violence, but I think Hank's reaction was understandable.
The kind of understandable reaction for which a normal person should go to prison, and for which a cop should be fired, barred for life from any job in law enforcement, and go to prison for a much longer time.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #191
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

Of course he assumed it was Jessie - that's pretty much my point.

So, he had no proof, and barely even circumstantial reasons (which are also heavily flawed) to believe it was Jessie...and that is an understandable reaction to put someone in the hospital?

ehh...I don't know about you, but I'm looking for a little more level-headedness from my LEOs.

bad cop.

[eta]

..or what Rob said.

Last edited by MonsterJoe : 09-04-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #192
DreadPirateRob
Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
The kind of understandable reaction for which a normal person should go to prison, and for which a cop should be fired, barred for life from any job in law enforcement, and go to prison for a much longer time.
Quote:
Of course he assumed it was Jessie - that's pretty much my point.

So, he had no proof, and barely even circumstantial reasons (which are also heavily flawed) to believe it was Jessie...and that is an understandable reaction to put someone in the hospital?

ehh...I don't know about you, but I'm looking for a little more level-headedness from my LEOs.

bad cop.

[eta]

..or what Rob said.
Pretty much what they said.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #193
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Nor I....

What I find interesting is that, in all the theories being floated here at TCF, almost all involve many if not nearly all of the BB principals dying. I'm feeling that many will survive in various alternative lives....
I am 99% sure Walt lives.
I am 100% sure Skylar and Hank's wife live.
I am 90% sure Hank lives.
I am 50% sure Jesse lives.
I am 75% sure Saul lives.

I think Jesse just takes some money and drives away. Really not sure why he hasn't done it already.
uncdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #194
Jstkiddn
Shutity up up up

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncdrew View Post
I think Jesse just takes some money and drives away. Really not sure why he hasn't done it already.
The same reason he was throwing it all out the car window. It's blood money. Jesse is having what back in the day we would have called a "nervous breakdown".
Old 09-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #195
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Yeah, I think Hank has broken bad too.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #196
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
...I think Jesse just takes some money and drives away. Really not sure why he hasn't done it already.
No matter how good a deal he makes, Jesse is gonna do some time now, and hafta dodge Uncle Jack's minions in prison.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #197
uncdrew
Annie 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
The same reason he was throwing it all out the car window. It's blood money. Jesse is having what back in the day we would have called a "nervous breakdown".
I'm not saying he drives off stage left with millions of dollars. I'm just saying he drives off with a few grand to start over. I assume the reason he hasn't is that he feels there is "unfinished business" in getting Walt busted/killed.

However, Jesse should know he's no match for Walt. Walt caring about Jesse might even the odds a bit, but it'll have to be a doozy...
Old 09-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #198
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Yeah, I think Hank has broken bad too.
And I think he was always bad, in a petty-corruption way. He's just gotten more dangerously bad.

The sad thing is, he has always (and no doubt continues to) seen himself as the hero of the story.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #199
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

He's been violent with people since season 1.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #200
MonsterJoe
$('.electric').slide

Highslide JS

Old 09-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #201
Pralix

Jessie's "Code" is reminiscent of Dexter's Code. Jessie wont harm innocents and doesn't like people who do. He seems to be ok with hurting "players" in the game.
Pralix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #202
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pralix View Post
Jessie's "Code" is reminiscent of Dexter's Code. Jessie wont harm innocents and doesn't like people who do. He seems to be ok with hurting "players" in the game.
The big difference being, Dexter thinks about The Code. And Jesse doesn't think, well, at all.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #203
Hank
AC•FTW

Quote:
However, Jesse should know he's no match for Walt.
Until now. Nobody knows Heisenberg as well as Jesse, and whatever it is, Jesse just figured out Walt's cryptonite, and is going to go all Lux Luther on Walt's ass.

I think when Jesse said "I'm going to get you where you really live" he meant that Walt really lives inside the alter-reality of Heisenberg's mind, and is going to do something like mentioned upthread, and really challenge his pride and hubris in order to get Walt to do something really drastic, which will lead to his ultimate downfall. I say Jesse (and Saul) are the last men standing.
Hank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #204
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Other than Brock, who it can be argued that Walt knew the harm would only be temporary, what non-innocents has Walt harmed?

I'll admit we don't know what Walt would have done about Drew Sharp had Todd not made the decision for him.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #205
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Other than Brock, who it can be argued that Walt knew the harm would only be temporary, what non-innocents has Walt harmed?

I'll admit we don't know what Walt would have done about Drew Sharp had Todd not made the decision for him.
Jane. Walt didn't harm her but he didn't save her when he could have.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #206
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I like this.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #207
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Jane. Walt didn't harm her but he didn't save her when he could have.
But she wasn't an innocent. She was trying to extort Walt and was dragging Jesse down the drug rabbit hole after he'd worked so hard to be clean.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #208
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post

What about the lawyer Mike hired to deliver money to his guys? He was one of the ones hit in prison. I guess he's a grey area innocent.

Walt has indirectly caused the death of a lot of other innocents.

- billypritchard
Old 09-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #209
Beryl

Quote:
It is also the same as Jax's code in SoA.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #210
MikeAndrews
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
It is also the same as Jax's code in SoA.
And Omar code in The Wire.
Mac Mini NAS with 9 7 x 2TB drives.
UVerse and OTA

MikeAndrews is offline   Reply With Quote