TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #31
Olneymd

Markwill ...same Roamio Plus Moca setup failure

Mark

Did you ever resolve your Roamio Plus setup issues? We have the exact same configuration.

roamio plus (won't create Moca Network)
Tried direct connect ethernet to cable modem
Turned off cable amplifier
Comcast

After an hour on the phone with tech support, they're sending me a replacement unit. We couldn't get the Roamio to setup a Moca network. They had me direct connect the ethernet to the cable modem, turn off any amplifiers on the cable line, and reset the Roamio. Nothing worked.

I really suspect that the issue is not the Roamio, but some strange issue caused by the cable modem (comcast). I guess the replacement unit will prove out that theory.

So,i'm curious if you ever had success based on all of the forum feedback.

Thanks - Howard
Olneymd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #32
RSCHOON

I was having the same problem, getting the C33 error on my Roamio when trying to setup the Moca network. I finally got it to work and I think the issue was that I didn't have to do anything on my Roamio (which is my main DVR that is acting as the bridge). I think that I just needed to plug in the cable and ethernet and it started working. I was trying to setup MoCa as my network and it kept failing. Does that sound right? Nothing to actually setup on the main one if it's the one acting as the bridge?
RSCHOON is offline   Reply With Quote